SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Who's Pushing H&R Sport Springs

Old 04-18-06, 12:01 AM
MrSC43
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's Pushing H&R Sport Springs

I just got my car delivered Saturday and already wanting to lower it for a more aggressive stance. I've had good experience with H&R sport springs in the past and wondering what it would be like to go the same route. Anyone out there using H&R sport springs, and if so how's the ride? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks In Advance
Old 04-18-06, 02:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

not sure about springs, but for sure you will ruin your shocks fast. that's why i either will get shocks at the same time, or in my case, just get coilovers to begin with

btw, welcome to clublexus!
Old 04-18-06, 06:14 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrSC43
I just got my car delivered Saturday and already wanting to lower it for a more aggressive stance. I've had good experience with H&R sport springs in the past and wondering what it would be like to go the same route. Anyone out there using H&R sport springs, and if so how's the ride? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks In Advance

I wouldnt go with H&R springs. the front would lower it too much, without a spring/shock combo there would be too much rebounce and cause fender rubbing. I been there if you are going to go with springs dont get a spring that lowers the front more than .8" the rear can go lower than 1.5" but the front cant., not on a spring atleast
Old 04-18-06, 08:16 AM
sc430mike
Pole Position

I am using these H&R springs and it is a good quick fix but not for the long run. It is not the best ride quality. I plan to get Coilovers as soon as they are available again. I might put mine back to stock height once I get a wald kit until the tein cs is available.
Old 04-18-06, 10:20 AM
MrSC43
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks-For All The Good Info

It seems that the H&R's might not be a good idea, so I guess I'll be waiting w/ the rest for the cs coilovers.
Old 04-18-06, 10:39 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

get the eibach springs if u really want to drop it for the time being and upgrade later
Old 04-18-06, 06:57 PM
sc430mike
Pole Position

Whatsup Tony, do you think that I should go back to the stock springs when I install my Wald Kit since I wont have coilovers yet? You had mentioned that you think it would be too low, I agree and I dont know what to do.

It sucks not being able to find any Tein CS in stock. I cant afford the more expensive ones.
Old 04-18-06, 07:28 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sc430mike
Whatsup Tony, do you think that I should go back to the stock springs when I install my Wald Kit since I wont have coilovers yet? You had mentioned that you think it would be too low, I agree and I dont know what to do.

It sucks not being able to find any Tein CS in stock. I cant afford the more expensive ones.

to be honest it depends on you drive and how nice your roads are. Personally I wouldnt go back to stock height, just because your car would look funny. The roads in FL are pretty nice and I am used to driving a lowered car with a kit thats not too off the ground (my old car) so I would keep it on. If your a little concerned about the front being too low you can always buy spring locks and that will raise you car up some. I raised my front .4" because I was rubbing alot up front, so thats always an option. I would get the kit on first and see how it goes. if need be throw in the spring locks till you can get the Tein's. putting in the spring locks are so much easier than taking out the spring.
Old 04-18-06, 07:31 PM
sc430mike
Pole Position

Cool Tony, glad I asked you, thanks. Just in case I need some, do you know where or how to get the right spring locks and if it is cheap enough to be worth it?

Thanks bro, Mike.
Old 04-21-06, 01:05 PM
sc430mike
Pole Position

Hi guyz,

I contacted a motorsports store here in San Diego and they said that spring locks are dangerous and not a good idea. Should I install the kit anyways and go from there knowing that I have H&R springs? Or should I wait until I get coilovers or put the stock springs back?

I want what is best for the long run but of course I also want to get it done so I can roll. The roads here have a lot of pot holes and I have to go up and down a lot of steep driveways but I should be all good.

Thanks in advance for any advice. -Mike.

Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r
to be honest it depends on you drive and how nice your roads are. Personally I wouldnt go back to stock height, just because your car would look funny. The roads in FL are pretty nice and I am used to driving a lowered car with a kit thats not too off the ground (my old car) so I would keep it on. If your a little concerned about the front being too low you can always buy spring locks and that will raise you car up some. I raised my front .4" because I was rubbing alot up front, so thats always an option. I would get the kit on first and see how it goes. if need be throw in the spring locks till you can get the Tein's. putting in the spring locks are so much easier than taking out the spring.
Attached Thumbnails Who's Pushing H&R Sport Springs-2005_0104image0003-vi.jpg  
Old 04-23-06, 12:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

well they can't just tell you "it's dangerous", why? what would go wrong? how? if they can't explain well, i would say "it's dangerous" to listen to them.

anyway, yes, with springs, since you are still with stock shocks rebounce would be good and the car might go up and down more and you might scrape, but still i don't think it's going to be that bad
Old 04-19-11, 08:17 PM
battlecat
Driver School Candidate

bumping this up.
I have an 02 sc430 and unfamiliar with the lexus suspension.
Debating between h+R sport springs or an entry level coilover. i've had good luck with h+r in the past with other vehicles. This car is not raced or tracked. (That's why god created subaru)

I hate to admit it but my upgrade to springs or coilovers is strictly for lowering purposes. Looking for some feedback.
Old 04-19-11, 10:20 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

do it right the first time and get coilovers.. but if you can't afford them then the H&R springs are a good alternative for the time being. check the classifieds i think vietpr1nce was selling his old set.
Old 04-20-11, 05:12 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I put Tien S springs on our SC, it lowered it, and we think that the ride is better than before. Waiting to get new non run-flat tires to complete the improved ride. The Tiens were used, that I got from another member, the installation was more than I thought. But still a lot cheaper that the coilovers. I know me and if I had the coilovers, I'd be adjusting and readjusting all the time. And I really didn't want to do that. Good luck on your on your choice.