SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)
Old 01-06-15, 04:09 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

FAQ - SC430 Car Cover - Which one? (Merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-07, 12:21 PM
guyc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would call california car cover company im sure they will ship. the quality is the best.Here is a link http://www.calcarcover.com/
Old 12-29-07, 09:44 AM
ncleri
Driver School Candidate

guyc,

Thanks for your recommendation! I'll check out California Car Cover Co. and see what they have available.

Regards,
N.C.
Old 04-28-08, 07:18 PM
stw
Rookie

any one else ever buy one of these?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...spagenameZWDVW

i'm in need of a car cover!
Old 04-28-08, 07:21 PM
robsvdp
Pole Position

Default Be Careful!

Can't tell you the number of people I know who have used car covers in rainy/damp weather, and have found little bumps in their paint when the take the cover off. Happened to me on my last car, too. Never again -- rain/dirt don't damage paint nearly as fast as moisture trapped. And yes, I used a "quality" cover.

Last edited by robsvdp; 04-28-08 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-28-08, 07:25 PM
stw
Rookie

how about one of those waterproof covers? i'm moving to a new place with no garage and i drive a company car on most days, so i'm hoping to get one so i don't have to wash it all the time!
Old 04-28-08, 07:53 PM
robsvdp
Pole Position

Be really careful - water/moisture has to escape the cover, or else you get that blistering I mentioned. In persistent moisture (eg a few days of solid rain) even those that let moisture escape can create a barrier of humidity right against the paint. Damage can result.
Old 04-28-08, 07:53 PM
Chops@MVP
Lexus Test Driver

My boss has a BADASS cover for his Ferrari that has been used multiple times outside in rainy/damp weather when he takes it to his house. I'll ask him tomorrow for the name of the cover, just a heads up though it's like a $300 cover custom fit for every car.

Robert
Old 04-29-08, 03:28 AM
abbeyrd
Pole Position

Weathershield HP® Non-Bulky Car Cover And Accessories
Protection From Acid Rain, Dust, Dirt And Intense Sunlight. Plus, It's A Third Less Bulky Than Traditional Car Covers!
We've sold custom-fit Weathershield® covers for years. The new HP cover is made with special dyes and sealants to keep your cover looking new, longer. After your car's paint has been rained on, the water begins to evaporate. As the droplets become smaller and smaller, the concentration of hydrochloric acid in the water intensifies to the point that it can damage your paint! (It looks like a water spot, but on closer examination, it is actually a crater eaten away by the evaporated droplet.) Sunshine after a rain accelerates this process! For this, you need the best protection you can get. This is the latest generation of car cover fabrics. Its water-shedding technology is the same breathable used in waterproof hiking outerwear. There is no outside lamination or water-resistant coating to wear off. The fabric is spun from polyester and the fibers are fully encapsulated to be water-resistant. Water just sheets off. Take it off after a rain-storm, give it a quick shake, and the remaining moisture will dry off within minutes. This cover is more compact than other water-resistant covers and fits easily into any washer and dryer for cleaning. Enjoy the security of knowing you're fully protected. As with all our car covers, yours will be custom-made to fit your car like a glove.
Old 04-29-08, 07:11 PM
stw
Rookie

Thanks for all the help! i love this site!
Old 02-16-10, 08:44 AM
Rustito
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best Car Cover??

Well, my leak problem was fixed with new seals all around and across the roof seams, however, dealer tells me that without a garage the seals will once again dry and potentially cause leaks. So I am looking for the best car cover you can get - also looking into building a garage for my home. But for now I want to get a good car cover with soft inside so not to scratch the car and one that breathes so won't get moldy. Suggestions of what and where I can get a good one (figure I can buy it online) but what brands are best?

Thanks,
Rustito
Old 02-16-10, 08:51 AM
robsvdp
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Rustito
Well, my leak problem was fixed with new seals all around and across the roof seams, however, dealer tells me that without a garage the seals will once again dry and potentially cause leaks. So I am looking for the best car cover you can get - also looking into building a garage for my home. But for now I want to get a good car cover with soft inside so not to scratch the car and one that breathes so won't get moldy. Suggestions of what and where I can get a good one (figure I can buy it online) but what brands are best?

Thanks,
Rustito
Covercraft makes a few good covers, custom for the car. I have their cockpit cover (for when the top is down) and it's great. Avoid the costco covers at all costs - don't breath, and ultimately ruin paint (killed my jag). http://www.covercraft.com/ I
Old 02-16-10, 11:00 AM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

My SC stays under the Lexus OEM Car Cover when not in use. Light weight with gathers in all the right places, pockets for the outside mirrors and a little extra pad for the antenna garnish so it won't wear a hole. Heck it even comes with a built in window for the rear license plate.
Old 02-16-10, 02:45 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
My SC stays under the Lexus OEM Car Cover when not in use. Light weight with gathers in all the right places, pockets for the outside mirrors and a little extra pad for the antenna garnish so it won't wear a hole. Heck it even comes with a built in window for the rear license plate.
^^^^1, I love the OEM cover, pay a little more, but a lot of quality
Old 02-16-10, 04:28 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And the OEM Lexus cover is meant to be used outside as well?
Katy
Old 02-16-10, 04:45 PM
Rustito
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been searching the OEM covers for the SC and am finding that they are made by Covercraft or Coverking!! Is this true? In fact, at first seach you are offered a middle of the road cover (not the best of the best). So if you go to Lexus OEM covers you get the covers made by these other companies - companies which are the best but have different level (and cost) covers. I am looking for a top of the line cover.
Rustito

Quick Reply: FAQ - SC430 Car Cover - Which one? (Merged threads)