SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Emblem Removal ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-05, 10:56 AM
KevsSC
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emblem Removal ?

Hey guys just wondering if the rear Lexus,L, SC430 emblem has holes in the trunk? Or is it just double sided taped on? I know all my other cars has holes in the trunk that hold these emblems on... Also the front Lexus badge on the grill, Can that come off ?
Old 04-28-05, 11:09 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The front "L" can be removed easily. I am certain the "Lexus" and the "SC430" don't have pre-drilled holes but not certain on the big "L" in the rear.
Old 04-28-05, 12:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

for the front emblem it's very easy, there is a philips screw at the back to hold it in place, take it off and the emble falls off

for the rear, the lexus and sc430 will just come off. i am not 100% sure on the L, but i think it's just adhesive, no holes. at least that's the case on the GS
Old 04-28-05, 01:52 PM
Silvertoy
Driver School Candidate

Default "L' holes

The rear " L " has two holes beneath it. One on the bottom right of the silver oval, and one beneath the " L " as well as double sided tape.
Old 04-28-05, 02:53 PM
KevsSC
Intermediate

Thanks.. just what I thought. I had to make sure before taking them off lol I took of the bracket for the front license plate and found 4 big holes drilled in the bumper. I guess I will have to run a front plate Any ideas on covering these holes?
Old 04-28-05, 05:19 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

yeah those front bracket holes are terrible. i don't know why lexus hasn't designed a better system other than taking a drill straight through the clean plastic. when i took delivery of my SC i cringed when i saw the front plate already on there. i took it off when i got home and the holes were fresh but still big enough and drilled deeply enough to leave a small pucker in the shape of the bumper, so i just left the front plate on.

i learned my lesson though and told my dealer before the new GS arrived at port to instruct the pre-delivery techs to not put it on this time!
Old 04-28-05, 05:25 PM
KevsSC
Intermediate

Oh man I just looked at the Faq. posts.. Sorry it was posted in there about the emblems. As for the plate man It looks horrible with the holes lol Im just going to leave the black license plate holder on.
Old 04-28-05, 08:41 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

No kidding about those plate holes... When my car was delivered to the dealership, Liz was out that day and the tech. drilled the holes. So, we pass on it and wait it for a month until another one is delivered. I can't stand those holes.....
Old 04-28-05, 10:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by KevsSC
Thanks.. just what I thought. I had to make sure before taking them off lol I took of the bracket for the front license plate and found 4 big holes drilled in the bumper. I guess I will have to run a front plate Any ideas on covering these holes?
oh that sux man. when i ordered my sc430, i had to make sure they didnt' drill holes as well, and had to sign some paperwork for it to waive the liability or whatever. last thing i want on the front bumper is some danm holes
Old 04-30-05, 04:03 PM
markch
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
oh that sux man. when i ordered my sc430, i had to make sure they didnt' drill holes as well, and had to sign some paperwork for it to waive the liability or whatever. last thing i want on the front bumper is some danm holes
I signed the same paperwork. But when I went to pick up my SC...it had the holes. I refused delivery and ordered another. This time the dealer made sure the bumper was not drilled.
Old 04-30-05, 04:54 PM
KevsSC
Intermediate

I just took of the Lexus word emblem and the SC430 words on the trunk. It was super easy. I didnt know the 3m tape would come of so easy. Looks real clean now.
Old 05-02-05, 01:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by markch
I signed the same paperwork. But when I went to pick up my SC...it had the holes. I refused delivery and ordered another. This time the dealer made sure the bumper was not drilled.
yeah with the holes i will not get the car for sure. maybe gsxotic can share his story?
Old 05-02-05, 01:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by KevsSC
I just took of the Lexus word emblem and the SC430 words on the trunk. It was super easy. I didnt know the 3m tape would come of so easy. Looks real clean now.
that's good deal man. so are you going to leave it like this or you are going to put on something else?
Old 05-02-05, 07:57 AM
bsjoiner
Driver

You can you bumper plugs to fill the hole. There is a website called bumperplugs.com and they will make custom painter to match plugs to fill the holes. They actually look really good and are not very noticable.
Old 05-02-05, 09:07 AM
hageuzai
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Is everyone aware about the gap around the rear center badge? I think the more serious part in taking the L off is that you will have a wierd circle left which anybody can obviously tell that something was there.

Quick Reply: Emblem Removal ?