SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

sc430 mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-05, 08:30 AM
imbuggin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sc430 mods

Ok advice time. I just got my sc430 and want more power of course. For those who have done mods already I need some advice. Here is what is planned

exhaust--probably Blitz TT (unless someone knows of a better one) I want it louder and more power

intake- Injen looks like the way to go

6000k Bulbs

Rims of course 18's or 19's

Jet Chip Maybe (anyone know about these or any chips availible?)

would love any advice. I know someone has NX would like to know what set-up as well as any turbos or superchargers.

thanks
Old 01-18-05, 02:43 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

looks like good choices to me...i have the blitz and injen and the sound is far from offensive...very good sound
Old 01-18-05, 06:03 PM
herragge
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default jet chip

The Jet chips I believe are not vehicle specific normally, they are blanks that can be custom programmed. Your best bet for a performance chip is a tuner who has a dyno that can adjust fuel curves and advance ignition timing to get max power out of 91 octane or w/e u got where you live. These custom tuned chips are probably the best because they are suited to match your vehicle. But be advised I wouldn't tamper with the SC's intricate electrical or ECU because it might have a negative effect on somethign else in the car....(the 430 has alot of gizmo's and high tech stuff that would require lots of knowledge to not screw anythign up i would believe)

welcome to CL btw
Old 01-18-05, 10:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

welcome to clublexus!

for the performance mods, you missed out the lsd (possibly with higher gear ratio) and also the tq converter. those are mods that will make the car a lot faster
Old 01-19-05, 06:49 AM
imbuggin
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
welcome to clublexus!

for the performance mods, you missed out the lsd (possibly with higher gear ratio) and also the tq converter. those are mods that will make the car a lot faster
what is "lsd" and by tq converter are you talking about the supercharger kit?
Old 01-19-05, 08:55 AM
talgrl626
Lexus Test Driver

Default intake might not be the way to go!

i just came back from the is300 forum. rominl and amy pointed out a lost of torgue after intake's installed... you might want to read that thread a bit before you drop some dough to the red red injen.
Old 01-19-05, 09:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by imbuggin
what is "lsd" and by tq converter are you talking about the supercharger kit?
tq converter is not the supercahger. our cars are auto, and there is a tq converter inside the tranny to transfer the power. the tq converter on the sc430 stock has a stall speed of 1800rpm i believe (meaning if you floor the car the engine will engage with the tranny at 1800rpm). the aftermarket precision industry one, it has a stall speed of 2800rpm. it will make the car SO MUCH faster coz' it gets your car to the power band faster.

the only problem with the tq converter on the 430 engine is that you will get the cel (check engine light), but it has nothing wrong, it's just a code about the tranny being weird coz' of teh tq converter.

for lsd, i mean the rear end differential. it will help you on the corners or so, more about handling. if you can change teh rear end to a higher gear ratio one (the stock one is 3.26), then your car will rev up a lot faster, which is good for power, your accel is a lot faster. but it will affect your top speed, instead of 149mph, your car will hit the limiter at around 135mph i believe

i have both mods on my gs400, and i can never say enough of them. i dont' have teh cel problem coz' i have the 400 engine (the ecu is different), and the tq converter together with the supra tt rear end, my car is a lot faster. i have 20s and i can burn through the 1st gear at will. a lot of gs v8 owners have these too
The following users liked this post:
Josz71 (06-07-22)
Old 01-20-05, 10:47 AM
imbuggin
Driver

Default torque converter

has anyone put a perfomance torque converter on an sc430? If so which one and where did you get it? Also does your check engine light stay on and are you running the TC without a forced induction?
Old 01-20-05, 10:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

has anyone put a perfomance torque converter on an sc430? If so which one and where did you get it? Also does your check engine light stay on and are you running the TC without a forced induction?
i havent', but will probably. get the precision industry 2800 stall speed tq converter. you can get it from tm engineering, they are a vendor here. email todd@tmengineering.net and tell him henry refers you, i got all great prices from him and he did all the install for me.

for the 430, the cel will more than likely to be on
Old 01-21-05, 10:34 AM
imbuggin
Driver

Default supercharger

I found one supercharger kit seems to be ridiculus though. It gives you a wimpy 66 additional horse power for 7500 UK pounds. So $14,086 before install for 66 horsepower. That is a joke. Take a look for yourself.
http://www.tdi-plc.com/sc430.html
Old 01-21-05, 02:16 PM
herragge
Pole Position

Those are the blitz twin supercharger you are looking at. The site may say $14k US but you can get them in North america for around $10k USD. Still, I can't justify the cost as it hasn't decreased in price since its release in 2002 and the increase in power output makes you want to go custom turbo instead for the same ballpark figure with tuning etc. I believe the kit is also not a complete one as a member here required to custom fabricate some items along with the entire kit....
Old 01-21-05, 02:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

same here, i think the price is purely outrages, not worth it at all.

but then the wald supercharger is 15k
Old 01-21-05, 03:01 PM
imbuggin
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
same here, i think the price is purely outrages, not worth it at all.

but then the wald supercharger is 15k
How much power do you get for 15g's. I could justify spending a nice chunck of change, but I would want SERIOUS power for that cash and a warrantee. Look at dinan for example on bmw's you can get about a 60% increase in power for about $6000 and warrantee. I wish someone offered something like that for my 430 sc!!!

Does anyone know a tuner who makes custome turbo's for the 430 sc? Likesomeone was talking about a few posts above?
Old 01-21-05, 03:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

well the wald charger i know is for the ls430. i don't think it's going to be mad faster, but to me the price tag alone is too much money for me to explore more anyway

for the FI setup, i think you should just talk to local shops?
Old 01-21-05, 05:17 PM
herragge
Pole Position

How much power do you get for 15g's. I could justify spending a nice chunck of change, but I would want SERIOUS power for that cash and a warrantee. Look at dinan for example on bmw's you can get about a 60% increase in power for about $6000 and warrantee. I wish someone offered something like that for my 430 sc!!!

Does anyone know a tuner who makes custome turbo's for the 430 sc? Likesomeone was talking about a few posts above?
the reason why you get warranties for Dinan products because they are BMW's performance division and are intricatly related in providing these performance parts. Another catch is that a BMW dealer must install the product or a lisenced Dinan dealer, which would probably be big $$! Its the same thing with TRD and toyota and with some lexus vehicles. TRD products are warranted by toyota. For example if you bolt on the TRD supercharger to a matrix (but must be installed by the dealer), and your engine blows, they diagnose the problem to be installation, then they will fix your engine if not even give u another blower. The reason why parts for lexus vehicles is tougher is that we don't really have our own performance division. We must turn to aftermarket perforance manufactorers which is not always a bad thing...but you certainly can't expect warranties.

I think a performance division is in the making for lexus vehicles I've read somwhere however no? The reason why this hasn't been a large factor is because luxury is lexus' main 'pursuit of perfection'. Once the car continues to develop, more parts will develop from aftermarket companies however, I think it is inevitable.

Add a shot of nitrous if your starving for power. A member here just recently added a 125hp shot with no problems and was pretty fluent he said.

Quick Reply: sc430 mods