SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)
View Poll Results: 2004 Lexus SC 430: Vote your favorite COLOR COMBINATION:
AZURE Pearl & ecru ( "Pebble Beach Edition")
3.70%
Millennium SILVER Metallic & ecru
4.63%
Millennium SILVER Metallic & saddle
0%
Millennium SILVER Metallic & black
3.70%
BLACK Onyx & ecru
8.33%
BLACK Onyx & saddle
10.19%
BLACK Onyx & black
5.56%
WHITE Gold Crystal & ecru
0.93%
WHITE Gold Crystal & saddle
10.19%
WHITE Gold Crystal & black
5.56%
Absolutely RED & ecru
7.41%
Absolutely RED & saddle
2.78%
Absolutely RED & black
1.85%
INDIGO Ink Pearl & ecru
6.48%
INDIGO Ink Pearl & saddle
11.11%
Egyptian SAND Pearl & ecru
0.93%
Egyptian SAND Pearl & saddle
5.56%
Midnight PINE Pearl & ecru
2.78%
Midnight PINE Pearl & saddle
2.78%
Twilight AMETHYST Pearl & ecru
5.56%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

20 Possible Exterior/Interior Colors: New SC 430 (Merged)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-03, 07:02 PM
MarsB007
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best exterior/interior colors

Please Vote and let me know which color combinations you guys think look best. These are the color combos that I am debating between... but feel free to make other suggestions!

YOU CAN SELECT MULTIPLE COMBOS IF YOU SO DESIRE

Last edited by MarsB007; 10-27-03 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-27-03, 08:03 PM
Doc C
Lead Lap

Indigo Ink because it's more rare. I like the Amythest Pearl or Indigo Ink with Ecru. A lot don't like the Ecru, but I would think it would be cooler in the summer with the top down. Everybody will like whatever they have and, let's face it, this car could be vomit color and still look good!!!!!! I thought the production numbers were less on the blue,green, amythest, and sand, but I may be mistaken. Silver, red, black, and white were in higher numbers I was told. So that means you should get the Neiman Marcus, or the Pebble Beach!!!!!!! Just kidding. They all look good. Just go buy one!!!!!

My vote: Pebble Beach that has the Ecru and black wood!!!

Doc C
Old 10-27-03, 08:10 PM
MarsB007
Driver

haha, seriously, have you seen the pebble beach in person? that car is sooooooo UGLY. The rims just ruin the car. The baby blue is ok, although i don't know if i'm willing to pay the premium for a color which i dont even care about.

Another question for you guys... how dirty does the ECRU get??? HONESTLY! I tend to wash my car once a month, and clean the interior with lexol and condition it. I know my black leather on my GS don't show that i've had the car for almost 3 years now, but i'm curious to know how hard it is to keep the ecru clean.
Old 10-27-03, 08:53 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Let's start with the interior first. I didn't fall in love with any interior combination, but just as Doc said, the ecru was the best IMO, especially after I saw the others in the flesh. Not only is it the best for hot Texas, but every car with wood, fake or not, has the typical dark colored wood present in the black and saddle interiors. The bird's eye maple light color is very refreshing, looks completely different, and you can appreciate the beauty of the grain a lot better than on dark colors. The only drawback on the ecru interior, IMO, was the light-colored floormats, but I bought custom clear ones that I put over the factory ones, and solved the problem.

For the exterior, I'm not crazy about any color either. The first Lexus color I REALLY like is a kind of cobalt that appeared on the new RX330; it'd have been awesome on the SC... with light gray interior. Taking into account the hot Texas weather again, dark colors are out of the question for me. I also prefer a common nice color than a rare weird one. I was left with white, silver and red. The white is too darn plain; can't Lexus make a nice pearl white like Cadillac? The red doesn't really fit the car's personality, IMHO, and shows dust and dirt a lot. The silver is a very classic color, and it's sporty and elegant at the same time. Fortunately, the tone of our silver is very different from most silvers, and it's also the best at hiding dust and dirt. So I chose silver/ecru. A rational decision, more than a passionate one.

From your choices, I'd go for the silver/black; it was my first choice, in fact, but am glad the ecru (2nd choice) showed up first, especially after I saw both in person at the dealer. If you live in a mild climate, it'd be perfect; it's a timeless combination.

Good luck.
Old 10-27-03, 11:16 PM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

2 of my favorites are

Black/Black (my 03) or White/Black

I wish they had a white/black for 03 that would be my choice.. Comming from a white GS I dont mind the change. White has its benifits and I love black leather. I do not see many sc's with black compared to sadle and ecru
Old 10-28-03, 07:29 AM
tfischer

Received 203 Likes on 152 Posts
Default Not too bad.

Regarding your question about keeping the ecru interior clean, I offer the following comments. I have had my black/ecru since April of '01, and have just finished my third summer with it.

The back seats actually get a lot more dirt on them than the front, because of the dirt hitting the back seats when you drive with the top down. After about a year or so, you will see that they start to get dirty. (Look under the rear shoulder belt.) The front seats are not nearly as hard to keep clean because they do not get bombarded with road dirt in this manner.

This dirt is only visible on close inspection -- since it's uniform, it's hard to tell that the color has changed, especially since the ecru is not white, but a light cream color.

For a while, I just used Zaino cleaner and conditioner, but the Zaino cleaner was not strong enough for the rear seats. This spring I used the Leatherique, which solved the problem easily. This stuff is expensive but great at cleaning off this kind of dirt. I still use the zaino conditioner because it feels so good on my hands when I spread it on the seats and it makes the leather smell so good. (Cleaning the shoulder belts themselves are a different story -- use carpet cleaner.)

I like the ecru interior a lot, and it makes a bold fashion statement, inasmuch as black and brown (or orange) leather interiors are very common. The light wood is very unusual but so tastefully done, and generates much favorable response.

So yes, keeping it really clean is a little more trouble, but (a) it's worth it and (b) the black interiors get just as dirty, and we all know that they just drive around in them anyway.

Go for it.

Last edited by tfischer; 10-28-03 at 07:32 AM.
Old 10-28-03, 08:02 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 85 Likes on 84 Posts

How about some real classy colors like amythyst, coral, torquoise, copper, saffron, etc.....?
The same old bulls--- white, beige, silver, black, dark green, and burgandy are really geting stale.
Old 10-28-03, 08:14 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 202 Likes on 135 Posts

I like both the ecru & the saddle interior, each appealing to me in its own way. I actually love the light maple wood as it's different with more interesting looking grains as mentioned above & gives the car a modern avante garde look. I also like the saddle color leather because it's different & rich looking. A black interior is more suitable for a more sporty car IMO, & the SC430 is much more about luxury.

The Amethyst Pearl (Midnight Cherry) is my all time favourite color I've seen on any car, and probably one of the most gorgeous looking paint I've ever seen. The first SC430 I've ever seen has this color on it and it's love at first sight, and no other color I've seen ever since has made me change my mind. Like all dark colors, it's high maintainence, but well worth the effort for me, especially for a weekend only car.
Old 10-28-03, 01:34 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Noticed you didn't mention Silver/Saddle. I owned one (in CL Gallery) and thought it was a rare, stunning combination. I also used to get LOTS of compliments on it. For me, it was the best of both worlds... Saddle interior stayed cooler than black and cleaner than ecru, and Silver exterior stayed cleaner than any other color. Without thinking of practicality, I'd pick Black/Saddle any day.

I have a Black car now but that's only because the GS3 Sportdesign with Saddle interior didn't come in Silver.
Old 10-28-03, 02:11 PM
golfkwesi
Driver

I would have to agree with Doc C regarding the exterior color: Indigo Ink Pearl BUT with saddle interior. From what I can discern the amount of Blue/Saddles each year represent around 12% of annual production ( that isn't meant to be the reason why to buy it ) so finding a pre-owned in the right condition/price can be a challenge.

I drive a lot with the top down so the Ecru didn't seem practical from a cleaning position. I found the dark burled walnut trim to be especially attractive & the saddle to compliment the blue and not show the dirt easily.

Hey just buy what you like and enjoy...you can't go wrong with this machine!
Old 10-28-03, 05:15 PM
Deanski
Driver

Default colors

What No RED/ECRU??? Love my SC430 in Red and Ecru! Same as the New York Autoshow... That's the reason I wanted it!

Also, White/Saddle and black carpet was nice! Somewhat pearl looking on finish. More of a classy look.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 10-28-03, 05:45 PM
Phu
Pole Position

Default Re: colors

Originally posted by Deanski
What No RED/ECRU??? Love my SC430 in Red and Ecru! Same as the New York Autoshow... That's the reason I wanted it!

Also, White/Saddle and black carpet was nice! Somewhat pearl looking on finish. More of a classy look.

Regards,
Deanski
You tell 'em Deanski . I'm partial to Red w/ Ecru.
Old 10-28-03, 06:46 PM
Deanski
Driver

Default Errr No Red Ecru?

Originally posted by Phu
You tell 'em Deanski . I'm partial to Red w/ Ecru.
YEA!!! WHAT HE SAID!! "Where's the RED?"

Deanski
Old 10-28-03, 06:51 PM
MarsB007
Driver

for some reason i got pulled over way too many times when i had a red car... so that's why i was excluding it!
Old 10-29-03, 05:22 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

> i got pulled over way too many times when i had a red car<

Well, ain't that right on. I've been driving since 1954 and was caught speeding five times. Three of those times occurred during the 4 1/2 years I drove a red Volvo P1800. Never had a red car before that, none since, and never again. One might not be bothered by LEA if one had a red wagon or Yugo, but if it's a sporty-looking car, watch out.

Quick Reply: 20 Possible Exterior/Interior Colors: New SC 430 (Merged)