SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)
View Poll Results: 2004 Lexus SC 430: Vote your favorite COLOR COMBINATION:
AZURE Pearl & ecru ( "Pebble Beach Edition")
3.70%
Millennium SILVER Metallic & ecru
4.63%
Millennium SILVER Metallic & saddle
0%
Millennium SILVER Metallic & black
3.70%
BLACK Onyx & ecru
8.33%
BLACK Onyx & saddle
10.19%
BLACK Onyx & black
5.56%
WHITE Gold Crystal & ecru
0.93%
WHITE Gold Crystal & saddle
10.19%
WHITE Gold Crystal & black
5.56%
Absolutely RED & ecru
7.41%
Absolutely RED & saddle
2.78%
Absolutely RED & black
1.85%
INDIGO Ink Pearl & ecru
6.48%
INDIGO Ink Pearl & saddle
11.11%
Egyptian SAND Pearl & ecru
0.93%
Egyptian SAND Pearl & saddle
5.56%
Midnight PINE Pearl & ecru
2.78%
Midnight PINE Pearl & saddle
2.78%
Twilight AMETHYST Pearl & ecru
5.56%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

20 Possible Exterior/Interior Colors: New SC 430 (Merged)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-03, 07:33 AM
Doc C
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ajayz,

No. The ecru gets as dirty as the others. It may show it slightly more, but it's easy to clean and looks fantastic. The floor mats are my hardest job to keep clean, but they are easy to replace.

Doc C
Old 11-23-03, 07:43 AM
tfischer

Received 194 Likes on 147 Posts
Default I'll second that

I have had the black/ecru for three summers now, and I second the above observations.

The slight extra effort in dealing with the lighter leather is far offset by the bold fashion statement. The dark exterior (any of the several dark colors are fine -- mine is black which will just have to do until something darker comes along) and the ecru leather are a spectacular combination.

I have never had any second thoughts about it.
Old 11-23-03, 07:46 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Ecru is fine if you clean it regularly, just like you should with any other color. Even the floor mats are fine if you scotchguard them, & I also use Oxyclean.
Old 11-23-03, 10:47 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

I solved the mat problem with custom-cut clear on top of the factory ones. I replace mats once a year in my vehicles, but the main reason I decided to put clear mats instead on the SC was because Lexus didn't put the 'heel pad' on them; all my other Lexuses had it, and without it, they start wearing almost immediately on the heel area, and look like crap. And yes, I always scotch-guard my new mats, but they eventually stain permanently with use.

JC
Old 11-24-03, 06:19 AM
MarsB007
Driver

Which mats did you get? I just purchased some EXACTMATS clear mats and I'm waiting for them to be delivered. Just wondering if you had the same things or if the clear ones look ok. Living in Florida we get a lot of rain, and the mats are beginning to show wear after 2 weeks of having the car. It's a necessity over here, although I still want the car to look good without looking cheap because of the mats.
Old 11-24-03, 12:28 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey Mars, mine are Lloyd's; I assume all are made of the same stuff, but maybe cut differently. One thing I really liked about mine is that the driver's side also covers the dead pedal; the 3 others are identical in shape to stock. I stained the carpet around the 'dead pedal' almost immediately, and was disappointed Lexus didn't put a REAL dead pedal in there (like BMW); problem solved with the clear mats.
One thing I did to maintain the stock ones like new was to cut all nubs from the mats, leaving only the conical part (you'll understand when you see them), which provides plenty of grip; this allowed me to spend some 'quality time' with my daughter, who helped on the endeavor.
The good thing is you can remove them in a second (for that 'special' person ), and have brand new mats underneath.
One word of caution: DON'T put the rear ones on top of the mats, because you'd crush them with the seat. The stock mats are already deeply marked by the front seat rails, so my assumption is simple common sense. I don't have them on, since I'll probably never put somebody on the back. If I ever do, whom it'd be one of my daughters, I'd swap mats at that moment.

I think the 'exact mats' don't cover the dead pedal (please let the board know), and that's why I ordered the Lloyd's. Let me know how you like them.

JC
Old 12-05-03, 04:31 PM
flatfoot
Driver

ELP-JC & MARS, I'm also in Florida and went with a set of cocoa mats. They fit great and look great and don,t seem to show the dirt much. Time will tell about their durability.

Flatfoot
2003 Silver/Ecru
Old 12-07-03, 12:30 PM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

Silver on black
Black on black in places that don't have snow
Old 12-11-03, 05:31 PM
Gekko
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Default America's favorite car color

America's favorite car color

DuPont: White is number two, but shades of gray are moving up fast. Dark green drops off list.
December 11, 2003: 5:11 PM EST

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - In its annual Color Popularity Report, DuPont Automotive reports that silver, the choice for 20.2 percent of new cars, was North America's most popular car color for 2003. White, the color on 18.4 percent of new cars, came in second. Black ranked third at nearly 12 percent.

http://money.cnn.com/2003/12/11/pf/a...lors/index.htm
Old 12-14-03, 05:08 AM
jcramair1
Lead Lap

I must say that I love my wifes Pebble Beach interior saddle over black maple. Nice combo specially love the door sills becuase the light the lexus logo blue.
Old 12-16-03, 08:55 AM
Milla...

Ahhh I love my red its sooo cozy, when I'm going to be behind the wheel for a minute I play my Enya CD and there goes any stress.
Old 02-02-04, 06:27 PM
PBEchicago
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pebble Beach Edition SC 430

My favorite SC 430 color combinations (omitted in subject survey) are only available in the "Pebble Beach Edition" (PBE): "Azure Pearl" (sky blue metallic) exterior with matching wheel covers and ecru (cream) leather and black bird's-eye maple wood trim.

I bought it in Sept., 2003 at full MSRP (plus taxes, etc.) at McGrath Lexus, Chicago.
Due to tips from auto enthusiasts, I declined the "run-flats" in favor of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires with the spare kit. During the Chicago winter, I drive a Ford Explorer while the PBE is garaged. I can't yet formulate an opinion on the Michelin tires. Aside from a brief demo drive, I've never driven on "run-flats". Virtually unanimous web and auto magazine chatter made it obvious that the "run-flats" are poor performers. The "rear seat" is perfect for my pet dog, groceries, parcels, gym bag, etc. A real head-turner, I've yet to see another of the 400 PBE models on the streets. I sold the "complimentary" golf bag for $250. The illuminated BLUE "Lexus" light on the scuff plates is mesmerizing. I haven't even started on non-PBE features common to all other SC 430's. A magnificent auto. I love my PBE!

If I crave more "thrills", I also have a garaged 1986 "Guard's Red" Porsche 944 Turbo with a spartan interior. I prefer the sheer luxury, serenity and pleasure of the SC 430 for "real life" driving. .

Worldwide, has anyone bought a PBE at less than the MSRP sticker price? Please advise.

Does anyone else within a 100 mile radius of the Chicago Metropolitan Area own/lease the PEBBLE BEACH EDITION? R.S.V.P.

Again, my color combination choice is SKY BLUE METALLIC* and CREAM*

* "Azure Pearl" and "Ecru" = Lexus terminology.

<JNorthen@yahoo.com>

Last edited by PBEchicago; 02-02-04 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-05-04, 11:07 AM
LEXUS4NZ
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by MarsB007
Which mats did you get? I just purchased some EXACTMATS clear mats and I'm waiting for them to be delivered. Just wondering if you had the same things or if the clear ones look ok. Living in Florida we get a lot of rain, and the mats are beginning to show wear after 2 weeks of having the car. It's a necessity over here, although I still want the car to look good without looking cheap because of the mats.
+

Mars007,

So how do your about your exactmats? I'm thinking about to get one set of these but worried about if it'll become slippery when your shoes are wet or with snow
Old 02-16-04, 12:39 PM
MarsB007
Driver

The exactmats are awesome... My factory mats are in perfect condition. I already stepped in a puddle of oil, and these puppies saved me. After 4 months of use, I'm glad i made the investment. I'm now waiting for a set of Lloyd's for my SL500. I'll be able to tell everyone which ones I prefer shortly.

And the SL500 is an awesome car although ridiculously overpriced. One cool thing that you can do is put the top down from the key (holding it down). I got it in capri blue/saddle interior. After a coat of zaino, it should look stunning.

So far though, the Lexus is much quieter with the top down, and the stereo can't even compare to the Bose. Bose needs to step up to ML and stop making crap. Bose is overpriced and overmarketed and low on sound quality.

I'll post some pictures of both cars side by side hopefully sometime by the end of the month.
Old 02-21-04, 06:03 PM
PBEchicago
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 20 Possible Exterior/Interior Colors: New SC 430

Assume you have just won a new 2004 Lexus SC 430. Of twenty (20) possible color combinations, vote your exterior/interior choice: Leather Upholstery available, depending on exterior color includes ECRU (cream), SADDLE (brown) and BLACK.

On the interior wood trim, the sky blue metallic "Pebble Beach Edition" comes only with ecru leather and BLACK Bird's Eye Maple wood trim. All other ecru interiors have (blond-colored) Bird's-Eye Maple. ALL saddle and black leather interiors come with Burled Walnut wood trim.

Last edited by PBEchicago; 02-21-04 at 07:41 PM.

Quick Reply: 20 Possible Exterior/Interior Colors: New SC 430 (Merged)