SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

New to boards, have question about your wheels....

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-04, 11:40 AM
DubUnit
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to boards, have question about your wheels....

Let me start off by saying, I dont own a Lexus, I own a VW Jetta. This crazzy thought crossed my mind the other day about putting your wheels on my car. Please please tell me the SC430 stock wheels are not wheel covers? I really am hoping that they are in fact wheels. Cause then I would have inspiration to put them on my car. Let me know and thanks for any help.
To clarify these are the wheels I am meaning
click me

Last edited by DubUnit; 01-05-04 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-05-04, 12:17 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The wheels themselves are alloy wheels. The "disk" part is a metal piece that is held in place in the center with screws. I would imagine you could find these for a pretty good price since many SC430 owners are replacing them with aftermarket rims. Not sure why you would want to put anything on your car that could be mistaken for "wheel covers". Aren't those what they sell at Pep Boys?
Old 01-05-04, 12:27 PM
DubUnit
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by dseag2
The wheels themselves are alloy wheels. The "disk" part is a metal piece that is held in place in the center with screws. I would imagine you could find these for a pretty good price since many SC430 owners are replacing them with aftermarket rims. Not sure why you would want to put anything on your car that could be mistaken for "wheel covers". Aren't those what they sell at Pep Boys?
Yeah I didnt want wheel covers, unless your saying thats what people percieve them as? I think the style of them is great, just that I had heard mention of them being covers or somthing to that effect. I think they would look great on the right Volkswagen. Would be original in my car world. To you it is probably crazy
Thanks for the help.
Old 01-05-04, 01:51 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

No problem. To each his own. I've seen a few GS owners that have them on their cars, and they looked pretty decent. Good luck!
Old 01-05-04, 03:27 PM
tfischer

Received 192 Likes on 145 Posts
Default You can have mine

You should have no problem, as many, many SC430 owners do not like them very much.

I still have my original wheels on the car, but I replaced the covers with the new version of the covers, which are more sculpted and have deeper cutouts. My original "pie pan" covers are in a box in my garage, and if you are interested, send me a PM and I can make you a deal.

Be warned, however, that I do not know if the holes for the 10 bolts that affix the cover to the wheel are standard. You may need the original wheels if you want to use these covers.
Old 01-06-04, 01:31 AM
DubUnit
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: You can have mine

Originally posted by tfischer
You should have no problem, as many, many SC430 owners do not like them very much.

I still have my original wheels on the car, but I replaced the covers with the new version of the covers, which are more sculpted and have deeper cutouts. My original "pie pan" covers are in a box in my garage, and if you are interested, send me a PM and I can make you a deal.
Ok, I think I am seeing this more clearly. So the wheels have the 5 stubby spoke-like things, that come to the center plate. The center plate is the part where the cover goes, and as the last poster said, there are 2 different covers for the stock wheels. Am I correct in saying this?
Old 01-06-04, 03:34 PM
Doc C
Lead Lap

You are correct!! The wheels are apparently very well made. I personally didn't like them at all on the SC 430, but I've seen them on several LS and ES models. They looked excellent. I think they would look good on a lot of vehicles. You should be able to find them easily and quite inexpensively. Good luck to you.

Doc C