LA WTB Door Lock Actuator or just Rod

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-17, 07:55 AM
tzxlyd
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WTB Door Lock Actuator or just Rod

I need the door lock actuator 97 SC300 -- really I just need the rod for the outside door locking mechanism. I must have misplaced/lost it after the clip broke off of it and I was storing it to prevent me from losing it -- go figure.
Old 02-19-17, 08:48 AM
Catracho30
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a pic of the piece you need ? I have actuator sitting in my garage.
Old 02-20-17, 11:19 AM
tzxlyd
Rookie

Catracho30,
I am attaching the rod that I am missing.
Attached Thumbnails WTB Door Lock Actuator or just Rod-s-l1600.kjg.jpg  
Old 02-20-17, 11:20 AM
tzxlyd
Rookie

Its circled in red.
Old 02-20-17, 01:31 PM
tzxlyd
Rookie

Catracho30,
I need the passenger side (RH) -- but I don't know if the rods are designed differently from RH to LH -- I think they are. My car is in the body shop so I cannot look to see if the rods would be facing different directions or angles.
Old 02-22-17, 01:43 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

tzxlyd, they are indeed different assemblies left and right. They're identical but flopped when compared side by side. If your actuator rod is bent or broken you'll need a new or known good used assembly. You'll also want brand new versions of the cheap rod clips that affix to the inside of the door handle assembly. Those are the main reason that the rods themselves can fail when one of the clips breaks and your glass window comes down onto the free-floating rod and bends of snaps it.
Old 02-22-17, 02:59 AM
tzxlyd
Rookie

KahnBB6,
Thank you for your reply -- I wasn't sure if they were opposing matches. I think I just need the rod because the clip was broken off of it -- I did not know why but for some reason my passenger door would not open from the outside -- initially I suspected someone had tried to break into my vehicle. I later learned that this is a common problem because the clips break often on the cars -- I had someone try to fashion a clip and that worked for a few days then eventually failed.

I thought I had put the rod in a safe place while I ordered the clips that I found on eBay. Well by the time I found and ordered the clips I could no longer find the rod -- it was not bent or broken just fell off the actuator after the fashioned clip failed. I thought it was possibly broken when I looked at it because of its unique look but having seen some pictures of other actuators I realized that it is made in a unique way so it was not broken.

If anyone has a RH door actuator and want to sell the rod or (even the entire actuator at a reasonable price) so I can fix my passenger door I want it. Also, the clips for the door actuator for anyone who is missing them can be found on eBay at a very inexpensive price from china -- at least they were inexpensive when I bought mine -- now I just need that rod.