OH FS: Zeal Function-A coilivers

Old 10-18-16, 07:23 AM
TARMAC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: Zeal Function-A coilivers

Selling a set of used Zeal Function A (aluminum) coilovers. Two need a rebuild, I would reccomend doing all four. Zeal offers rebuild service in California for approximately $100ea http://www.endlessusa.com/#!__suspension-kit/overhauls . Not sure what spring rates are, Zeal can tell you during rebuild. These are actually JZA80 coilovers, but will fit SC3/400 and GS3/400 as well.

Asking $500 plus shipping.

Old 10-24-16, 02:12 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Do you have any more information on the coilovers? Age? mileage? How long they were on your car for?

I tried looking up more information on Function A coilovers, but these don't look like the ones I'm seeing online. Is there a reason why the springs are different brands in the front and rear? How come the upper mounts and lower mounts are from different model lines?
Old 10-24-16, 04:02 PM
TARMAC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
Do you have any more information on the coilovers? Age? mileage? How long they were on your car for?

I tried looking up more information on Function A coilovers, but these don't look like the ones I'm seeing online. Is there a reason why the springs are different brands in the front and rear? How come the upper mounts and lower mounts are from different model lines?
No idea on mileage. Bought them used from Japan. My car is sitting on these now but i have not driven on them (building car). The "A" in function A just means all aluminum body, bot sure what youre seeing online but i believe the newer Zeal coilovers are different colors. I assume the previous owner resprung one end thats why the different springs. Not sure what you mean by different mounts.. they are Zeal pillow ball uppers and Zeal lowers for supra/soarer.
Old 10-24-16, 04:48 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by TARMAC
No idea on mileage. Bought them used from Japan. My car is sitting on these now but i have not driven on them (building car). The "A" in function A just means all aluminum body, bot sure what youre seeing online but i believe the newer Zeal coilovers are different colors. I assume the previous owner resprung one end thats why the different springs. Not sure what you mean by different mounts.. they are Zeal pillow ball uppers and Zeal lowers for supra/soarer.
I spoke to Endless earlier today and they said its a lot of mixed and matched parts between their coilovers. The top hats are from a newer model coilover and the lower mounts are from a Function B6. They expressed their concern about the springs being different and there is a possibility the coilover was worked on by another company. They said they might refuse to work on it all together or I'll have to get all new Zeal parts inside if they can fix it. I was hoping you knew more about the history of the coilover. If you were the one that changed out the spring and left everything else untouched, then I would be more confident in buying them.
Old 10-25-16, 03:41 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

OP - Please get a qualified voucher too. Make sure your voucher is qualified to vouch !

FS rules about voucher and their qualifications can be found on a stickied thread on top of the Classified Page . Not every one can be a voucher ! Here is a link and please review the rules :

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/whe...d-read-me.html

Guys get your vouchers ready before even starting a thread if you don't want your thread to be closed. We have heard it many times .."vouch coming" .. either no vouch comes or it comes after a couple of days or vouchers are not qualified to vouch. The rule is very clear on the link stated above.. please read !