Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

CA 1993 SC 300 Factory 5 Speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-14, 12:06 AM
HillDwelle
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 SC 300 Factory 5 Speed

Hello All! I have recently posted my car for sale up on craigslist in the SF Bay Area. I am based in San Jose so that's just where it went up so I figured I would mention it here to see if anyone else in the surrounding areas would be interested. I know that judging by my post count many may be deterred from trusting in me, but I can assure you that I am a trustworthy guy, I just don't post all the time. I've spent most of my time here lurking and studying other posts to gather information on the SC as a whole. It is here that I was taught ways to debug certain issues in my car, from replacing my thermostat to relocating my wiring harness.

It is really a sad thing for me to be selling my car after the amount of time and dedication I have put into learning about the car and trying to bring out the true potential of this elegant beast, but alas, I can no longer support my Lexus addiction.

I have stated on the ad that I am looking for 5000$ OBO and so clearly I am open to taking offers so if by chance you are interested, feel free to use my contact info in the ad or send me a PM here. The car is not in the best condition but it still definitely gets props from those around me and from random passerbys. The reason I am posting an ad here is also because I am hoping to pass this car onto someone who has the motivation to continue taking care of this car and as we have a good supply of members with experience in this car, maybe we can all come to an agreement as to what the value of the car is here taking into account the condition of the car with regard to the sentimental value.

Good:
Engine parts have been replaced: New water pump, New Alternator, New Fan Clutch, Replaced A/C compressor, New Timing belts, New Crankshaft pulley, New Spark plugs, New Thermostat, Valve Cover Gasket Replaced
Custom LED/HID headlights to give it a modern look
HID converted sidemarkers
FACTORY 5 SPEED W58 TRANSMISSION
Interior converted from tan to black (Some parts still need to be replaced, 98% converted however.)
Drivers Side window does not roll down
Working AC
Tein Adjustable coilovers with dampers to adjust ride height
Front control arm bushings replaced
New stereo deck with amp and wired for subwoofer action
18" Gunmetal Rota Rims
New tires, less than 1000 miles
Wiring Harness Relocated to avoid being eaten up by the tires when the car is this low

BAD:
208xxx Miles
Cosmetic damage to parts of the car that will need repair in order to bring out the true beauty of the car. This includes dents and faded paint (photos of the damage will be provided in a link)
Bleeding but functional HVAC screen
Leaking oil
Rear Bushings need to be replaced to match the front followed by alignment

Feel free to discuss the car in this post, as I would appreciate what everyone here has to say.

Photos of the car can be found:
http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Se.../library/SC300

And the Ad can be found:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/4613283407.html

ALSO:
As the car is still mine, I will still be treating it with the same amount of love I have given it, so I am still working on saving up the money as well as finding the time to replace the Rear control arm bushings and hopefully a realignment. I will update the posts If I do manage to get around to it

I May even get to pulling the dents and doing the paint

All of which will increase the value, but the sooner I sell it the better

Last edited by HillDwelle; 08-11-14 at 12:17 AM.