CA 1993-95 SC300 5 speed to 2JZGTE engine swap harness

Old 07-07-13, 05:24 PM
Team Lexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993-95 SC300 5 speed to 2JZGTE engine swap harness

I am selling a used 1992-94 SC300 manual to JDM 2JZGTE engine harness.

PLEASE NOTE:
first things first... This harness currently has issues. YOU ARE BUYING IT AS IS.

I don't wanna hear any complaints after you buy it. So look at the pics carefully and decide if this is something you can work with. If you are not a wiring guru, you should move on. This is not for the faint of heart. This will probably take days to troubleshoot & clean up.

I bought this used myself and it ran well for a while,but eventually developed a short somewhere in the 12V main power signal. Apparently, it is grounding out somewhere and causing the ECU to go into a limp mode that made the car run really rich. This was verified by a multimeter & wideband during initial troubleshooting.

As you can see it is not pretty to look at but it did work and several of the connector plugs were replaced and are practically new. It has about $100 worth of new plugs already swapped and basically every connector you need to get it sorted out is there. I started unraveling the mountain of electric tape and found clumps of wires not connected to anything (probably all the JDM aristo automatic transmission wires) and decided to hell with it. I wanted to go a USDM supra setup at the time anyway so I moved onto a USDM setup and set this aside.

I was just cleaning the garage today and figured someone could probably use this so here it is.

If you are familiar with 2JZ wiring, you will see all the plugs you need are pretty much there except the O2 plug. The 3 wire O2 sensor plug was chopped off for my other car so you need to connect your sensor of your choice. It has the 5 speed tranny plugs for speed sensor & reverse light so this will not work for auto trannys. There are no plugs for the auto trans. The alternator uses the round plug for most SC300 models but can easily be swapped to the oval version if needed. Coolant gauge temp is the plug style not blade. The OBD engine port is connected and functional along with the check engine light. Like most JDM setups, the AC needs to be hardwired separately on a switch. The light round plug is for a Toyota fuel injector resistor pack so you can run the 550cc US spec injectors. The resistor pack is not shown in the pics, but it will be included. If you wanna stick with the JDM 440cc injectors, all you have to do is cut off the round plug and reconnect the wires. Some of the wires next to the body plugs need to be traced and connected. I just taped them up ran it as is. Coilpack harness runs from behind instead of by the cam gears. 2 circular ground wire connectors go to the back of the intake manifold. Everything else like injector plugs, knock sensors, ignitor, etc.. are pretty obvious...

If you were able to follow that and have a wiring diagram, multimeter, & patience, you should be able to salvage this thing pretty easily.

Also there are quite a few random wires are there that I have no idea what to connect them to. I DID NOT BUILD THIS HARNESS. So please don't criticize or ask for any technical support after you buy it. I can give you a basic idea of what plugged into what, but you are on your own once you start tearing into it.

asking 350 + shipping obo

email tiraceteam@turboimport.com if you want it.

I can also throw in the a JDM 2JZGTE ecu for an extra $60

Last edited by Team Lexus; 07-19-13 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-12-13, 03:38 PM
Team Lexus
Rookie

best offer takes it!

but lets keep the offers realistic please. thanks!
Old 07-19-13, 08:36 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

You might want to adjust the years on your listing. It should either be 92-94, or 95-97. There are differences between those years that, if interchanged, will cause some things not to work.