KS WTB W58 Tripod Short Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-13, 05:52 PM
Axmily
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB W58 Tripod Short Shifter

Hey guys im looking for a Short Shifter for my Tripod w58. If anyone has one for sale let me know! Thanks!
Old 02-18-13, 06:16 PM
fried_rice
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased the ebay one that is for the V160, it has the reverse lockout. It fits in the W58 shifter hole, but I can't tell if it shifts correctly.

I read in another thread that someone else was running it and it worked fine. I'm waiting on a clutch alignment tool to get the tranny installed and see if it works. Just one option to throw out for you.

I'll be looking for a shifter too, if this doesn't work. LOL

EDIT: It seems the forward gears are hard to go into. I had to pul off a clip to get into any of them. Going to see if I can adjust things to make it work.

Last edited by fried_rice; 02-18-13 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-18-13, 08:03 PM
Axmily
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fried_rice
I purchased the ebay one that is for the V160, it has the reverse lockout. It fits in the W58 shifter hole, but I can't tell if it shifts correctly.

I read in another thread that someone else was running it and it worked fine. I'm waiting on a clutch alignment tool to get the tranny installed and see if it works. Just one option to throw out for you.

I'll be looking for a shifter too, if this doesn't work. LOL

EDIT: It seems the forward gears are hard to go into. I had to pul off a clip to get into any of them. Going to see if I can adjust things to make it work.
keep me posted! and which one is it you bought? the Fendinza one?
Old 02-18-13, 08:32 PM
fried_rice
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been trying to modify this thing to work, but it doesn't seem to be working. Tried grinding the shifter down and cutting the pivot insert so I could get it into the forward gears with no luck. Maybe someone with more knowledge of how the shifter works could be successful. The bolt holes on the square retainer pieces definitely don't line up.

I've also been searching for a short shifter from any online store and I can't find one. All the post I see are from 2010 stating they purchased from ebay. Or the C's or TRD shifter.

Here's a pic of the one I purchased. It was labeled as a 5spd short shifter on ebay, so I took a chance, knowing it was actually a 6spd shifter.
Old 02-19-13, 07:09 AM
Axmily
Lead Lap

yea its looking like im gonna get the TRD Shifter. the C's shifter is ridiculously expensive!