OFFICIAL Group Buy - AutoCouture Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-02, 06:04 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default OFFICIAL Group Buy - AutoCouture Kit

Ok guys, here's the latest info that I have....please read it completely before asking questions!

I was trying to go through the U.S. Distributor for the kit, but guess what? They're saying that the SC kit is $2700....this, after telling me that they give a percentage OFF of JDM List price (which is JPY 220,000). If you figure that out, you can see that the US price is QUITE A BIT more than JDM retail!

So I am going to around them. I'm going straight the Japan for the kit...now what I'm going is looking for the best price on the kit so that I can get it for less than $1600 shipped...but most likely, it's going to be very close to the $1600 price. I apologize for this but I can't do anything about AutoCouture's attempt at screwing us.

In order to keep the price low, I will need to have it boated over here. That means I need to meet a larger minimum or it can not be done and the wait time will be longer. Of course, you can not pick up the kit from Los Angeles, your price will be even higher. I'm not sure of the shipping rates yet...I am waiting to hear back from Japan about the mimimum...

Just FYI, the front bumper is a FULL REPLACEMENT bumper (NOT AN ADD-ON)...the rear bumper is a add-on and will work all years ('92 to '00). Side skirts will also work on all years except that pre-97's need a door mold on each side.

Also, to "complete" the kit, you need the '97+ grille, foglights, and a emblem if you want. The '97 rear tail lights are completely optional...I am still working on getting prices for these parts.

Since I'm bringing these in from Japan (if we can meet the minimum), I will be bringing in SOARER Griffin emblem and SOARER wordmark emblem (the logo that spells SOARER for you non-graphic design speaking folks) for those buying the kits. I will ONLY be bringing in emblems for KIT BUYERS who request it.

For this run, I do NOT want to import more stuff then I have too because of logistics so please don't ask for emblems unless you're in this group buy.

So I can get a "final" list of buyers, please email at this address:

GS430@mac.com

DO NOT PM me, do NOT email me at any other email address. Please tell me if you want a set of Soarer emblems also.

Thanks for reading guys and I hope we can get this together!

***NOTE***
If you guys have any questions, PLEASE email me. I have "closed" this thread because I want this thread to ONLY contain information.

I HAVE NO IDEA ON SHIPPING TO ANYWHERE RIGHT NOW! Please don't ask! I'll let you know when I have shipping prices.

Last edited by Manaray; 04-17-02 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-17-02, 11:53 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default Some more info...

OK guys, I have some more info...

'97+ Fog Lights - $214.50/pair
'97+ Grille - $78.50
'97+ Door Molding - $232.50/pair

So that's $525.50 for the additional parts. If you don't mind the holes, you can do w/o the fog lights and grille...

Last edited by Manaray; 04-19-02 at 12:21 AM.
Old 04-19-02, 12:21 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Also, if you want...

'97+ Tail Lights - $298.00/pair

From what I understand, these tailights will work with the pre-97 bumpers.

Also, on the tail lights and fog lights, you need to do some minor wiring adjustments. Any decent body shop should be able to handle it...if you have SPECIFIC INFORMATION on this (Lex Luthor?), please PM with what exactly what needs to be done and I'll post it here...thanks!
Old 05-01-02, 03:26 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default FINAL PRICING

Ok, this is it guys, it's $1598 and that's shipped to Los Angeles. From here, there is going to be a $100-$150 shipping charge to you unless you want to pick it up.

I was hoping to do a better price but the AutoCouture has raised the price for this kit in the USA (for reasons unknown) and you can ask ANYONE who gets THIS PARTICULAR AutoCouture kit to compare this price to their DEALER PRICE.

It will take until the END OF MAY for my JDM contact to get them to the shipping dock (since the kits need to be produced). From there, it will take 2 weeks to get to Los Angeles. From there, it will take 5-7 days to get to you unless you're in Los Angeles ...if you're close, like Nevada, it should get there faster.

This is the best price I do for this kit under these circumstances. A lot of you have emailed me and some of you were on the fence....

...well it's now time to either put up or shut up! I will need the full amount in either a money order (it'll have to be 3 postal money orders as I think the max is $700/money order), cashier's check, or personal check.

I will then be wiring the money to Japan....then we wait. I'm in this boat with you guys so have no fear, I will be UP IN THEIR ASSES when it comes to hitting the delivery schedule...

This is a CLOSED thread because I need people to EMAIL me...

gs430@hotmail.com

ONLY email me if you are going to get in this group buy! If you have any questions, just start a new thread in the SC300/SC400 Section.

Last edited by Manaray; 05-01-02 at 03:28 AM.