FS Supercharged SC400 Engine, turn key complete.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-08, 01:00 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm the next one who will stand up for the SC400 tranny under boost. I've been running 9 psi with no problem whatsoever. I have the extra tranny cooler installed on the side and it just gets warm under boost in hot summer. I can hold the cooler as long as I want to. For every psi of boost, the SC400 gains an average of 16 rwhp = 22 bhp. A VVTI engine like Scott will gain even more. I had a run against my friend with the swapped 2JZGTE at 12 psi (dynoed at 340 rwhp), we were even head to head.
Old 08-19-08, 07:52 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck on the sale... I wish you would have made a cast of the manifold and sold your own kits...
Old 08-20-08, 02:32 AM
Brendon
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im definately interested; however, id prefer not to buy an entire engine, since it would cost so much in shipping. Plus, i already got a fully functional 97 1uz begging for some compressed air.

Would you be willing to sell it as a ready-to-install kit, with the s/c, pulleys, accessories, etc? (and maybe even installation instructions). If you can't do this, how much do you think it would cost to ship it here to Eastern Mass? and how much would the swap cost?

btw, I hope your not converting to the jz. Sorry for all the straight-6 fans out there, but theres just no supplement for the sound of a throaty V8 .

Last edited by Brendon; 08-20-08 at 02:46 AM.
Old 08-20-08, 05:02 AM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Yes I will kit it up for you. I will document every line and hook up as it comes off. Lots of pictures! If you have a 97 this should be nearly fool proof. I will include everything you need to install it less a set of intake manifold gaskets. Price? lets start at 3700 shipped, that is complete! You literally should be able to throw this on over a weekend. Everything, even the custom aluminum intake tube theaded with nipples for the lines. I know I am not dicounting a lot for the engine but The engine is not worth much to me as I have 2 of them. It will save you a bunch on shipping.

If you decided to get the complete engine, shipping would add 250-500.
Old 08-20-08, 07:49 AM
Brendon
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3700 sounds good, but ill need to get back to you on this. first i gotta make sure i have the money ready. im waiting for my refund check from college since I got a scholarship this semester (lol thats right, im blowing my college funds on superchargers ). hopefully its coming soon so ill have the funds. I'll try and pm you in a few days on this. Dont feel obligated to hold the kit for me if someone else wants to buy it and has the money right away. ill understand.

thanks!
Old 08-20-08, 08:57 AM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Brendon
3700 sounds good, but ill need to get back to you on this. first i gotta make sure i have the money ready. im waiting for my refund check from college since I got a scholarship this semester (lol thats right, im blowing my college funds on superchargers ). hopefully its coming soon so ill have the funds. I'll try and pm you in a few days on this. Dont feel obligated to hold the kit for me if someone else wants to buy it and has the money right away. ill understand.

thanks!
No problem, I have a couple guys saying they want it but no money, I think they are looking to the bank for a loan, Sounds like you have a better plan.
Old 08-20-08, 12:08 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow Scott, that's truly an incredible deal! Let's see a TT 5.7L Tundra iForce in there next.
Old 08-22-08, 04:16 AM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gunnar
Wow Scott, that's truly an incredible deal! Let's see a TT 5.7L Tundra iForce in there next.
Not quite that extreme! But it should be sweet.
Old 08-22-08, 04:26 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
Not quite that extreme! But it should be sweet.
Must be VtaK!!!!!

lol j/k, i'm down to see what's next!
Old 08-22-08, 04:42 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by aka paco
Must be VtaK!!!!!

lol j/k, i'm down to see what's next!
His new ride might be the fastest SC400 around. His previous M90 isn't good enough for the Getrag. So what? I believe he'll triple the hp digit.
Old 08-24-08, 05:57 AM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by stevechumo
His new ride might be the fastest SC400 around.
That would be awesome, but the fastest would be a pretty bold statement with builds like David's and Ryan's in the works.
Old 08-24-08, 06:13 AM
twizted
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

His new ride might be the fastest SC400 around. His previous M90 isn't good enough for the Getrag. So what? I believe he'll triple the hp digit.
LOL he hasn't even said anything and you all are making these statements. LMAO
Old 08-24-08, 02:42 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by twizted
LOL he hasn't even said anything and you all are making these statements. LMAO
It's just a habitual guess. You never feel enough with the power once you're into it. A modified M90 on a V8 has tremendous tq at low end and fun-enough hp at high end will be changed to a less tq and hp motor? A Getrag that has the capability for a 10 second car will be used for a 13 second car? I don't think so...LOL. In fact, I might know something but I won't say anything until the righteous owner says so. It's a buried secret
Old 08-24-08, 03:04 PM
twizted
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's just a habitual guess. You never feel enough with the power once you're into it. A modified M90 on a V8 has tremendous tq at low end and fun-enough hp at high end will be changed to a less tq and hp motor? A Getrag that has the capability for a 10 second car will be used for a 13 second car? I don't think so...LOL. In fact, I might know something but I won't say anything until the righteous owner says so. It's a buried secret
Well yeah but triple horsepower numbers is aiming high and i know what its like that why i tossed out my m90 and am going to run a m112. My speculation is a 4.7 with a whipple though. Thats what id'e do if i had the money for the whipple....
Old 08-24-08, 05:32 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Yes triple the HP is pretty aggresive, I would probally be pleased to have double. I dont want to even guess where I will land, I just dont know, but one thing is certain, it will be more impressive than what I have now.

Quick Reply: FS Supercharged SC400 Engine, turn key complete.