981 Rwhp Sc300

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-03, 03:14 AM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 981 Rwhp Sc300

Recent happenings (splitting up with my fiance) have put me in a situation where I need to unload my car. Most of you know this car has over $100k in it over the last 3 years in R&D, Parts, and Labor. Most of you also know it was dropping motors like once ever 100 miles over the past couple years. That problem HAS been solved by using a new crank and block (it was spinning rod bearings due to a bad crank). Everything on the vehicle has been done by Ivan or Larry at Sound Performance.

Vehicle Specifics:

1995 SC300 Green-Blue/Black. 58k miles. Most recent high boost dyno 981 RWHP.

Mods and associated costs include:

Fully Race Ported Head $1500
Custom Tubular Turbo Manifold $1700
Custom SP Intake Manifold $1200
Custom 3.5" Turbo Back Exhaust $700
14mm Diameter Head Stud Conversion $400
Custom Twin Entry Fuel Rail $250
160 lbs/hr injectors (roughly 1600+cc) $600
Twin Walbro 255 LPH In Tank Pumps $250
85mm Throttle Body $250
Greddy Pistons $1400
Pauter Rods $1000
Custom underground crank with felpro bearings $400
Supra TT 6 Speed LSD Rear End $650
Custom Driveshaft $250
SP400 3 speed manual valve body transmission upgrade $6000
Griner Racing Trans brake $included with trans price
Speed Pro/FAST Engine Management $2400
Custom Distributorless Ignition Setup $1000
Unorthodox/Greddy pullies $275
A/C delete $zero
Custom NHRA Certified Chromoly Roll Cage $1400
Greddy 3 Row Front Mount Intercooler $1400
Custom Piping to Go along: $300
HKS GT 60mm Wastegate $450
SP88 Turbo $1400
Custom Direct port dry 200 shot nitrous setup $1400
Supra TT brake upgrade (front and rear) $500
Volk Millenium Edition TE37s $3000 (with tires)
CCW Skinnies for the front $750
Supra NA Wheels With ET Streets $500
Crower 272 Cams $200
Custom Crank Trigger $included with Speed Pro Pricing
Trunk Battery Relocation $labor
Master Power Cutoff Outside Car $labor
Greddy Type-R BOV $220
Rear Seat modified to work with cage $200
Line Lock $150
NX Billet Nitrous Bottle Brackets $180
AEM Cam Gears $300
Fuel Lines, Oil Lines, Fitting Etc. $800
TT Valve Covers (Custom Powder Coated) $300
TT Spark Plug Cover $75
Custom Relocation of Power Steering Resevoir $labor
MSD DIS-4 $350
Powerhouse Solid Motor Mounts $300
Miscellanious Polishing $1000

Thats $34k+ in parts alone with no labor. Labor CURRENTLY (this doesn't include previous incarnations of the vehicle, this is just if you started with a stock one and wanted it to be where this one is) in the vehicle is between 130-140 hours (between $9000-$11000 depending on where you went).

So, not even including the value of the car itself there is about $45000 worth of money sitting there. Add in $10k for a 95 sc300 with 58k miles, and you are at roughly $55000 dollars. Obviously I am not fool enough to expect close to that number out of the car.

The car is far from perfect, and has numerous things I would direct my attention to if I had the time/money necessary at this time in my life.

Here is what it needs IMO to be an AWESOME car. These are actual prices I have gotten quotes on from GOOD shops, so this is not speculation:

-Hood Hinge Replacement $250 (hood is slightly out of alignment from nitrous backfire. Hood was replaced with an OEM unit, but has about a 1/2" gap on one side where the hinge is physically stretched now)

-Dash Repair where dash was cut for roll cage to go through: $300

-Bend cross bar in main hoop of roll cage to allow recline of seats to a comfortable level: $400

-Move forward cross brace in Roll Cage. This was originally left pretty far back to be able to put the rearview mirror back in the original location, but I would prefer to move the rearview down the windshield slightly, and move this bar forward. This shouldn't be any more than $200-$300.

-Install Chute and Chute Mount (removeable) $1200

-Install either standard gauges and tach (Defi, HKS, etc.) $600-$700 or install Stack Unit ($2500)

-Fabricate Rear Deck to fit around roll cage $300

-Car has no stereo, which I could care less about but you might so depending on what you wanted to do with that that may or may not cost you money.

-Personally I would install Sparcos or Supra Seats to sit lower and help your head be farther below the roll cage, but this is not necessary. $1200 (on the high end)

-The 555Rs on the rear on now in the wear bars so these need to be replaced $300

The current motor is sitting on abou 700 miles with no problems. The turbo was new at the same time as the motor, so the turbo is also on about 700 miles of use.

I have numerous pictures of everything, and if you look around with any conviction you can probably find most of the pictures online at various forums, websites, etc.

I am not here to waste your time or mine. I don't have the time or patience at this point after just splitting up with my fiance to negotiate numerous thousands of dollars up or down, so I will put a REAL number out here, and if you are interested let me know. I feel this price is more than fair.

$30k. If no one wants it at this number I will just begin parting it out, and I can probably come pretty close to that number and keep the shell of the car to myself to build into a back half or tube frame car in the future.

Please feel free to post back, IM me, or email me at turbolexus@zwallet.com if you have any questions or comments.

-Ethan
Old 12-13-03, 05:19 AM
Angel
Lead Lap

Old 12-13-03, 06:34 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up man o man

that car sounds beautiful, good luck, would those pistons work on a gs400, 99 model...prob not i guess
Old 12-13-03, 09:41 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Ethan, best of luck to you. I'm sorry to hear about this. That is an excellent price. If you do part it out - please contact me. I will take the the exhaust manifold, dp, and gate. Name your price.

Bryan - how's it going? Those pistons are only six. Not sure about bore for your 1uz. I don't think they would work for ya. It's been a while. Been meening to catch up with ya. We should try and catch up in Lexington after Christmas or something.
Old 12-13-03, 10:56 AM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by awj
Ethan, best of luck to you. I'm sorry to hear about this. That is an excellent price. If you do part it out - please contact me. I will take the the exhaust manifold, dp, and gate. Name your price.

Bryan - how's it going? Those pistons are only six. Not sure about bore for your 1uz. I don't think they would work for ya. It's been a while. Been meening to catch up with ya. We should try and catch up in Lexington after Christmas or something.
I'll let you know. I am going to give it 4-6 weeks to see what the interest looks like, and if it isn't there then I will start to part it.

-Ethan
Old 12-13-03, 04:40 PM
Angel
Lead Lap

I would also be interested in some parts if you part it out. I would be interested in the transmission/driveshaft/rear, and everything else I would need to get rid of my junk 5 spd and open rear
Old 12-14-03, 09:25 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ethan, sorry to see it has to come this far .

Good luck with the sale though.
Old 12-14-03, 10:17 AM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OMG, that is an exellent price, someone with $ should be jumping all over that!

Wish you weren't leaving us E
Old 12-14-03, 10:38 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

No matter what happens I'm sure Ebanks won't be out of the scene. I'm also confident that we will see more in the future. These things come in cycles. All things happen for a reason. It is up to the individual to determine that reason and find the best solution to the challenge. Things didn't look good for me at one point but the perservering always overcome adversity.

This is an extremely well built car from the motor on back. I have seen the motor personally. Top notch. The whole package is worth much more than that price to those who know.
Old 12-14-03, 10:46 AM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by awj
Things didn't look good for me at one point but the perservering always overcome adversity.

That first part is an understatement

And I have a feeling that if you sell this E, you'll be regretting it and want it back or have to start from scratch in about 6 months
Old 12-14-03, 05:03 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the kind words guys. If I come back to the scene it will be with force... I am not going to *****foot around anymore. If come back it will be with a full on tube frame SC.

-Ethan
Old 12-15-03, 03:39 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Ebanks
Thanks for the kind words guys. If I come back to the scene it will be with force... I am not going to *****foot around anymore. If come back it will be with a full on tube frame SC.

-Ethan
Ethan,

You weren't exactly *****footing with your SC300, LOL.
Old 12-15-03, 05:01 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

85mm Throttle Body
Custom Distributorless Ignition Setup
Unorthodox/Greddy pullies
Crower 272 Cams
AEM Cam Gears

This is what I would be interested in.

But,
Try to see if Suprastore can post it.
Ask some performance shops if they need a drag car.

Or better yet just keep it.
Old 12-16-03, 12:59 AM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Thanks for all the kind words.

Any chance any of you guys could set up a small website for me... I have people interested, and rather than emailing like 40 pictures to 40 people it would be nice just to reference them to a website to look at all the pics.

BTW, my asking price is LESS than what I paid for it ~4 years ago with a 60-1 and toyomoto kit.... Talk about taking a bath on something!

-Ethan
Old 12-17-03, 04:20 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Pics:

http://www.felsonhomes.com/ethan/

-Ethan

Quick Reply: 981 Rwhp Sc300