SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Seat Memory Beep

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-03, 09:46 PM
Arvin
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by dsimo

By the way, just had the NAV system in my (wife's) BMW upgraded to the most recent revision (the computer, not the CD). Now every time you start the car you have to "accept" using the NAV screen. SInce the NAV screen is shared by the sound system controls and the on-board computer, this is a huge hassle. Thankfully, Lexus has seen fit to separate these functions.
actually lexus cars have the same problem, just fortunately not on the SC, IS.
Old 10-07-03, 10:57 AM
nbontis
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWCruiser found the secret !!!

I tried moving the seats all the way forward until they would go no more.

Then I clicked on the "set" and "1" and voila !!! It worked.

Thanks for the help Club Lexus.

Cheers, Nick
The following users liked this post:
SuperJeff (07-15-20)
Old 10-07-03, 11:53 AM
jcramair1
Lead Lap

Thanks for the response cruiser. I will try this when I get home tonight.
Old 10-07-03, 02:33 PM
jcramair1
Lead Lap

Seat adjustment worked fine with the advice of setting the seat all the way up to the front until you hear a beep
Old 10-07-03, 06:18 PM
FWCruiser
Driver School Candidate

Your welcome guys. Actually, the salesman and the service guy showed me. It does make me feel good that I had a salesman that didn't just take my money and kick me out the door. He did take the time to get me comfortable with the car and help me with the settings. A plug here- his name is Sam Siddiqui and he works at Sewell Lexus of Fort Worth. Try him if you're interested in a new car in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Got a good deal and it was a good experience.
JC, I checked out the feature that prevents the seat back from hitting the rear seat and it works. I moved the seat all the way back then reclined the seat. As the seat back reclined the seat moved forward automatically just enough to keep the seats from touching. Then I moved the seat forward and reclined the seat all the way. Then I moved the seat back and the seatback automatically moved up enough to keep the seats from touching. Pretty neat.
David
Old 10-07-03, 07:32 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey David, you beat me to it man. I finally had time to re-read the manual and was going to say it's featured on page 97 & 98.
And both of us were right: you need to do the 'reset' rountine for both the memory and 'anti-slam' features to work. However, I'm sad to say the 'anti-slam' feature doesn't work on my car. And after many conditionings, the passenger rear seat's leather didn't come back to normal (front seat was 'slammed' against it when car arrived!). I'll leave it alone, since the back seat will be right against it 99.9999% of the time. The memory feature worked the first time on both seats. And so did the homelink.

Finally, dealer wanted me to travel 50 miles to 'verify' my door was rattling. After telling the guy if he thought I was making that up just to enjoy seeing my brand-new car taken apart, he said would look into ordering the kit without having to 'check it'. Oh, and that's not all. They wanted to take apart my doors, take pictures for Lexus, put them back on, send me home, then call me again when the kit arrived and remove the doors AGAIN. What's up with these guys??? And the kit doesn't include new door clips; go figure.

Later guys.

JC
Old 10-08-03, 06:15 PM
FWCruiser
Driver School Candidate

JC, that sux about the door rattle. It doesn't make any sense that they didn't take care of this with the 2004's. For that matter, they could have done this change during the 2003 model year. I was going to wait for the 1000 mile check to have this taken care of but I guess I'll call tomorrow, see what they say.
Homelink took me two tries.
David
Old 10-08-03, 07:43 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Newer '04s (built 9/03 or after) will have it incorporated. And yes, this sucks big time. Thas was one of the reasons I spent more on an identical '04, and now it has to be taken apart . At least the dealer agreed to order the kit and only take the car once. I couldn't find the plastic that was covering the seats when new to put it for service (probably threw it away inadvertently); will ask dealer to save one for me from one of the new cars. It's a great idea to cover the seats for service, especially the ecru. I'm surprised Lexus doesn't do that, like BMW and MB; service is a dirty job after all. Car is fantastic, so hopefully this little detail will be taken care of without incident.

Good evening guys.

JC
Old 10-13-08, 01:47 PM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

How do you know if you need to reset the seat? (instructions at the end of page 147)

1. When backing up in the seat, if you hear a beep beep beep...
2. Memory seats will not accept setting program...
Old 09-09-11, 06:40 PM
C-COOP
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FWCruiser
Hey guys, Look on page 147 of the owners manual, second column near the bottom. This is the answer. Any time the battery is disconnected you must go through this procedure. This is a new thing for '04.
1. Move the seat forward until you hear a beep.
2. Move the seatback angle switch forward until you hear a beep
3. Set the memory now.
This reset work perfectly on my 2005 SC430.