SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Mod Binge Complete- a little sad

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-15, 02:15 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBrett
I already did that! I have a full time camera (in addition to back up via mac screen). It's positioned to see my blind spot on the passenger rear side :-))
Yes that is cool but yours faces to the rear, correct? I was referring to having the camera facing forward to be able to determine whether the lane is clear up ahead. Often when I'm on a two lane highway and in the fast lane, sometimes a truck will pull over into it also (or something big enough to block my forward vision). The only way to see if I can pass on the right to get around this moving billboard is to pull into the right lane to see if the lane is clear enough to get around it. Typically in situations like that there are cars stacked up behind me also and so if I pull into the right lane to see if I can get around the slow vehicle, the cars behind me pull up and I would not be able to get back in place if there was a slower car in the right lane preventing me from passing.

To effectively check out the right lane up ahead, the camera would have to be facing forward. Does that make sense?

While I don't recommend passing in the right lane, sometimes that is the only way to get around someone.
Old 06-18-15, 07:10 PM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry I don't quite get it, but if you think it's a useful mod go ahead and do it. Camera systems are so cheap these days and easy to install it's a good project..
Old 06-18-15, 07:13 PM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Just reread your post. You mean you are looking for a cam to identify clearance in the front for passing on the right? Sounds like if you need a cam to get that close its probably a scary situation to pass on the right. But if it helps you do it!
Old 06-18-15, 07:31 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Just reread your post. You mean you are looking for a cam to identify clearance in the front for passing on the right? Sounds like if you need a cam to get that close its probably a scary situation to pass on the right. But if it helps you do it!
Yep, that's what I mean. The typical situation is that there are slow cars on the right and I am in the passing lane when a semi truck pulls over to the passing lane also going slow. Then he finally passes the slow car but doesn't move over. Sitting behind the semi, the driver can't tell whether there are more cars in the right lane or if it is clear enough to pass him and get ahead of him rather than waiting behind him for an indeterminable amount of time. If there is someone in the passenger seat, they can typically determine if the coast is clear but I typically drive alone and don't have that option.

Next time you are in that situation, you will understand what I mean.
Old 06-19-15, 04:49 AM
NovaRnder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I offered to do your NAVIKS but you didn't want my help! Just kidding I know you are waiting to do your Coilovers..
Yes I'm waiting to get all the parts so you can just do them all! ha ha!

BTW: I'll be going to Vegas next week for maybe a couple of weeks to play at World Series of Poker
Old 06-19-15, 03:24 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NovaRnder

BTW: I'll be going to Vegas next week for maybe a couple of weeks to play at World Series of Poker
Good luck! I heard that "What happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas" is not really true ... Is that event televised?
Old 06-19-15, 03:59 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
Good luck! I heard that "What happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas" is not really true ... Is that event televised?
yes, Im playing the event right before the main event but Im skipping the main one, had to be back here in VA first weekend of July... played the main event last two years, I cashed on the first but last year I was out on the early 3rd day
Old 06-19-15, 07:31 PM
DiggerJim
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
If it's embarrassing it "stays on YouTube".
Old 06-19-15, 07:50 PM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NovaRnder

Good luck buddy! Have fun!
Old 06-19-15, 09:06 PM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

I'm thinking about getting the 30mm figs front sway bar. But $355 for a bar is a bit stiff..pun intended