SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Looking to purchase a 06 PB

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-15, 02:37 AM
Supatrucka
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to purchase a 06 PB

My wife really likes this car after she drove it and she always wanted a convertable. I was wondering if anyone could do a vin check for me?
It has a reconstruction title and that doesn't bother me because the place I'm dealing with does great work and they are upfront. The car is black with all red interior and when I say red I mean allot of red it's nice , headliner, steering wheel and dash. I'm wondering if that is factory? It has 44k miles. Thanks for the replies
Old 05-20-15, 06:43 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

With all due respect, why will you not run a car Fax? It only costs a few bucks!

BTW, here in Florida, I can run a VIN with our state DMV to confirm it is legitimate, no charge.

Elizabeth Warren might be able to help you out! ;-). JK.

Welcome to CL and good luck with the car!
Old 05-20-15, 10:21 AM
Supatrucka
Driver School Candidate

Old 05-20-15, 10:22 AM
Supatrucka
Driver School Candidate

I received the car fax and maintenance was done the car is fine.
Old 05-20-15, 10:40 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Supatrucka
It has a reconstruction title and that doesn't bother me because the place I'm dealing with does great work and they are upfront.
That is a pretty big leap of faith. You may know and like the guy you are dealing with and think that he is AOK, but you are one step removed from the guy who did the actual work. Does he know what he is doing? Did he cut any corners? Exterior work that looks great doesn't mean that what you can't see was done right. If you do take this risk, there should be a substantial reduction in price. Even if the repairs are perfect, at the end of the day, all you have is a salvage title and many future prospective buyers consider that toxic and wouldn't even consider the car.
Old 05-20-15, 01:25 PM
kjcole
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

And as I understand it your insurance company will probably only cover liability on a car with a salvage title - no collision or comprehensive.
Old 05-20-15, 01:31 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

That is a very nice looking car! What are/did you pay for it? If the price is low enough then what the heck, no one has to know that it is a salvage. If it is safe, drive it and have fun!
Old 05-20-15, 04:37 PM
Supatrucka
Driver School Candidate

The owners wife drove it for 2 summers and he did some custom work to it as you can see. The car came from Cali and he told me that the labor rate is high on the left coast and it was not cost effective to repair it in California as to repair in MA. I have the CF and all seems in order prior to the crash. I paid under 21k for the car and I will keep it as I do all my vehicles. He also said if I were to sell it he gets first shot. Also included are these wheels and new tires.
Old 05-20-15, 09:11 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Red

Wow, that's a seriously red interior! This 2006 PB is not affected by the airbag recall.

Old 05-20-15, 11:58 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Go for it! Should be about $23k because of the title, don't overpay. Keep us updated please.
Old 05-21-15, 05:59 AM
Supatrucka
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone I'll keep everyone posted I'm looking forward to see it with those wheels.
Old 05-23-15, 10:56 AM
08pebbch
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts

Did the guy convert a regular SC with PB emblems?

The 06 PB was Brown w/2 tone leather.

Maybe he added the interior from an 07 PB? That one was Starfire pearl with the red interior.

My 08 doesn't have the PB stitching on the seats - was that OEM for the red interior?
Old 05-23-15, 11:07 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 08pebbch

Maybe he added the interior from an 07 PB? That one was Starfire pearl with the red interior.

My 08 doesn't have the PB stitching on the seats - was that OEM for the red interior?
Holy cow, good catch.

Wasn't it the 2005 PB that was black/red. With the title clearly saying 2006, something is amiss here. Titles don't usually have a "typo" and with a reconstructed title, not sure what they have to do to link a VIN to a title.
Old 05-23-15, 06:29 PM
Supatrucka
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kjcole
And as I understand it your insurance company will probably only cover liability on a car with a salvage title - no collision or comprehensive.
Full coverage no problem
Old 05-23-15, 06:38 PM
Supatrucka
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 08pebbch

He told me he had the seats stiched with the PB and had the steering wheel sent out for red leather and while the interior was out he painted the plastic red. It has PB floor mats. You guys are the experts. All I know it's a blast to drive. Thanks for the replies

Quick Reply: Looking to purchase a 06 PB