SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Rear Bumper - Different by model years?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-15, 12:36 PM
Taysdad
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear Bumper - Different by model years?

I am trying to determine if all model years of the SC430 (02-10) have the same REAR bumper. I know the front bumper changed in 2006, but is the rear bumper the same?

I ask because I am trying to determine if a pre-cut template for a 2010 SC430 can be used on an 02 (trying to get some pre-cut paint protection films). I don't really want to spend $350 and then find out its not the right cutout.

Does anyone know if the rear bumper ever changed?

Many thanks!

Michael
Old 05-04-15, 01:11 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

I do not know the answer but a Lexus parts counter person would be able to tell you if the part numbers changed.
Old 05-04-15, 03:57 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

...thats definitely a good question & one that has not been asked before or at least,I can't remember it being asked. Mike are you ordering a kit online or purchasing through a shop? I need to do this also,but my issue is the front bumper.My top portion is 06' Sc & the bottom half 08' Crown Athlete. I haven't researched them yet, but was wondering how much alterations i would have to do to a 06' kit, to work on my bumper
Old 05-05-15, 07:52 AM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a 02 I replaced my front bumper with a front bumper with out the headlight washer system nice an clean now.
Old 05-05-15, 01:25 PM
Taysdad
Pit Crew

FYI - I did check with my local Lexus parts counter (thanks for the great idea)..................

It is the same rear bumper (same part number for the cover) from 02-10.
Hopefully, some day in the future someone will use the search function and find this answer helpful!
Old 05-05-15, 01:27 PM
Taysdad
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by texsexlex
...thats definitely a good question & one that has not been asked before or at least,I can't remember it being asked. Mike are you ordering a kit online or purchasing through a shop? I need to do this also,but my issue is the front bumper.My top portion is 06' Sc & the bottom half 08' Crown Athlete. I haven't researched them yet, but was wondering how much alterations i would have to do to a 06' kit, to work on my bumper
I am ordering via a local shop but they use "patterns" to do the cutouts. The only pattern listed for the rear is a 2010 bumper cover. They are charging me $200 for the cutout (or $350 for the material installed). I haven't decided if I am going to give it a go myself or just let the pros do this one.
Old 05-05-15, 04:01 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Taysdad
I am ordering via a local shop but they use "patterns" to do the cutouts. The only pattern listed for the rear is a 2010 bumper cover. They are charging me $200 for the cutout (or $350 for the material installed). I haven't decided if I am going to give it a go myself or just let the pros do this one.
...ok thanx for the info......I'm going to look into it further & try to find out,if there are any companies that make "custom patterns" also,since my front bumper isn't OEM. Another option I'm considering,but haven't researched yet,is the vinyl wrap.I was possibly thinking of just having the nose(complete) & hood/front fenders(partially) wrapped in a vinyl the same color of car, but not sure if the vinyl would be as protective as the clear material used in the invisible bras
Old 05-05-15, 06:16 PM
Taysdad
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by texsexlex
...ok thanx for the info......I'm going to look into it further & try to find out,if there are any companies that make "custom patterns" also,since my front bumper isn't OEM. Another option I'm considering,but haven't researched yet,is the vinyl wrap.I was possibly thinking of just having the nose(complete) & hood/front fenders(partially) wrapped in a vinyl the same color of car, but not sure if the vinyl would be as protective as the clear material used in the invisible bras
I am going with the Xpel Ultimate film because of it's "self-healing" properties. If you haven't seen this stuff.....Google it and watch some of the Youtube videos. It's a great way to keep the front panels looking brand new (swirl/scratch free) with little maintenance IMO.
Old 05-06-15, 03:27 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Taysdad
FYI - I did check with my local Lexus parts counter (thanks for the great idea)..................

It is the same rear bumper (same part number for the cover) from 02-10.
Hopefully, some day in the future someone will use the search function and find this answer helpful!
Wow, that is great info, so helpful for a lot of members, great job!