SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Rear Diffuser

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-15, 05:41 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From the pictures n the SC it looks like the air flow is blocked before the diffuser . - is that right? If the vanes are not in the air flow they won't do anything. It does good good though. I like in black - CF would look great.
Old 04-30-15, 05:45 PM
iolmaster
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
From the pictures n the SC it looks like the air flow is blocked before the diffuser . - is that right? If the vanes are not in the air flow they won't do anything. It does good good though. I like in black - CF would look great.
You are correct. this is all for looks anyway. Adding a diffuser to a 4000 lb. luxury coupe does nothing for the performance.
Old 06-11-15, 01:24 PM
lexneffect
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMark
CF might be nice.....
here's the CF version:
http://www.euroboutique.us/product/l...kfin-diffuser/

Super sexy OP!
Old 06-12-15, 04:02 AM
NovaRnder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser

came with 12 black screws but no pre drilled holes
Old 06-12-15, 04:19 AM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NovaRnder

came with 12 black screws but no pre drilled holes
Looks good buddy! Where did you buy it and how much??
Old 06-12-15, 01:38 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Originally Posted by LexBrett
Looks good buddy! Where did you buy it and how much??
Thanks, saw the Ebay link from this same thread, but when I ordered mine last month he only had one carbon fiber left at that time... the diffuser was really not meant for our SC430 but for another Lexus model and a forum member here found out that it fits ours too. For carbon fiber is like in the 340's (not sure) and for the plain matte black it's 120 less but the seller said if we can arrange a group buy here, he is willing to give discounts but not sure how much, I guess depends on the quantity. Easy to install, took me 10 mins!
Old 06-12-15, 04:16 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Originally Posted by mademedoit
"came with 12 black screws but no pre drilled holes"

So I would have to just tape it on the bumper and blindly drill through it into my bumper with self tapping screws? Looks nice for sure but I don't know about that install!
How I did mine: I asked my 16 yr old son to help me line it up and adjust accordingly what the best placement as for the looks and to mend it with the bumper's lower curvature. At this point pretty much I visualize where the self tapping screws will go. Then I placed the diffuser to the ground drilled the holes on it where the screws will go, no need to drill holes on bumper. I lined up the diffuser next to the bumper where it supposed to go and I asked my son to hold on to it while I'm self tapped screwing one end to the other end. I guess if you are by yourself and has no extra hands, you can also accomplish this by once you line up one end, tape it with painter's blue tape and do the other end and maybe the middle too for extra hold. The self tapping screws they provided are good qualities in my opinion and provided tight hold.
Old 06-12-15, 08:00 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

I went for the CF one and installed it last week. I lined the contact edges with 3M Heavy Duty molding tape and used masking tape to hold it in place while I drilled holes. Then I screwed in the black screws. I am not comfortable using self-tapping screws in CF w/o a predrill.

Looks great and nothing to block the airflow. I will probably fill in the sides though. Picture is with the car still on stands.
Attached Thumbnails Rear Diffuser-image.jpg  
Old 06-13-15, 07:58 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by playa3uhh
I'm interested in a group buy too. I've been looking for a CF diffuser to match my dry CF hood. Thanks for starting this thread!!
I just bought the CF trunk lid. Can you tell me the weight loss from the hood? I haven't removed and weighed the AL hood yet. Did you paint the CF hood?
Old 06-17-15, 04:04 AM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Not sure if $200 is worth it...
Old 06-17-15, 07:44 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

I love the look especially in CF - I have been looking to alter one from another car and this one worked a lot better. So it added to my enjoyment and that makes it worth it to me but of course that's personal taste. But now I'm not going to change the bumper for a good while.

Cheers
Old 06-17-15, 09:02 PM
bb430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've spent $200 on a pair of jeans for my wife that I only saw her wore it couple of times, this $200 I spent that I can see and enjoy everyday. It's worth it.
Old 06-27-15, 11:56 AM
playa3uhh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
I just bought the CF trunk lid. Can you tell me the weight loss from the hood? I haven't removed and weighed the AL hood yet. Did you paint the CF hood?
I'm not sure what the weight loss is with the carbon fiber hood, but if I had to guess I would say it was about 35-40 lbs. I did the install myself with my dad and the CF hood was significantly lighter. CF could carry by myself whereas the OEM was very heavy (two people needed for sure). I did not paint the CF hood. I really like the look of it and it goes well against my millennium silver SC on black leather. Great combo. Can you send a picture of your CF trunk lid spoiler? Was thinking about doing it, but haven't decided if the cost is worth it. Thanks!
Old 06-28-15, 03:34 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got my monthly payment, so just ordered the CF version :-P Thanks alot for the tip
Old 06-28-15, 05:17 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Folks, reminder that group buys / group buy discussion is only allowed via Club Lexus supporting vendor on our community. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...faq_group_buys

I see mention of Exact and they're a CL vendor that could do this, but the eBay vendor is not one. Absolutely Fine to discuss the product, how it fits, etc but the eBay vendor needs to sign up here first to host a GB

Please help keep the thread open and keep discussion on the diffuser itself (and not group buys unless sponsored by Exact or another vendor). Thank you

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-29-15 at 04:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Rear Diffuser