SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

ShawnOk in Dallas 5/1

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-15, 08:27 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts
Default ShawnOk in Dallas 5/1

...hey guys just thought I would throw this out here. We all know ShawnOk from his helpful post here,he will be in Dallas this friday (5/1), headed back to Chicago. I'm going to meet him @ Gas Monkey Bar & Grill @ 7pm friday.If any of you Sc guys in the DFW want to come out & join us, you are more than welcome.I say the more,the merrier !!!
Old 04-26-15, 08:32 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

You know it! Im gonna make the trip from Shreveport. This could turn out to be a mini meet! SCs and friends alike! In the famous words of Richard Rawlings, "Get you some of that!"
Old 04-26-15, 08:38 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
You know it! Im gonna make the trip from Shreveport. This could turn out to be a mini meet! SCs and friends alike! In the famous words of Richard Rawlings, "Get you some of that!"
...lol...I see you are a fan of the show
Old 04-27-15, 01:35 AM
reelbb
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will Shawn be driving or flying in?? Anyway you guys can come a little more south for the weekend
Old 04-27-15, 01:49 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by texsexlex
...hey guys just thought I would throw this out here. We all know ShawnOk from his helpful post here,he will be in Dallas this friday (5/1), headed back to Chicago. I'm going to meet him @ Gas Monkey Bar & Grill @ 7pm friday.If any of you Sc guys in the DFW want to come out & join us, you are more than welcome.I say the more,the merrier !!!
sounds like fun!!
Old 04-27-15, 02:53 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by reelbb
Will Shawn be driving or flying in?? Anyway you guys can come a little more south for the weekend
I will definitely be driving. Dont think ill head any farther south though esp since i have the Chicago trip the next morning. My entire plan was to go to Gas Monkey to get some swag. My new father in law loves Fast N Loud, in Poland needless to say. Gotta get him some of that gear! I'm also a huge fan, so hoping to run into Richard or Aaron. Def going to take some pics of The Lex in transformation. Hopefully will draw some attention. Then to have some hot food and a few cold ones. After all, its all about Blood, Sweat, and Beers! Whoooooooo!

Last edited by ShawnOk; 04-27-15 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-27-15, 03:58 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Is that over there at the I-35 & Hwy 12 Y in the road? I'm not sure if I can make it but would definitely like to try. (It is probably an hour or more drive for me. Friday night will make it tougher also.)
Old 04-27-15, 07:31 PM
reelbb
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Friday makes it hard for me as well, especially during rush hour. Hope you guys have a blast.

I don't think Dallas would be too welcoming anyway, since the Rockets are in true form :-)
Old 04-27-15, 09:58 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Originally Posted by Harold57
Is that over there at the I-35 & Hwy 12 Y in the road? I'm not sure if I can make it but would definitely like to try. (It is probably an hour or more drive for me. Friday night will make it tougher also.)
...the actual address is 10261 Technology Blvd & it is near the I-35/Loop 12 split. It would be great to see you, but definitely understand if you can't make it
Old 04-27-15, 10:02 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Originally Posted by reelbb
Friday makes it hard for me as well, especially during rush hour. Hope you guys have a blast.

I don't think Dallas would be too welcoming anyway, since the Rockets are in true form :-)
...I know it's more of a ride for you,since you would be coming from Houston. Yes those Rockets have been handing it to the Mavericks,but there's always next year....i guess...lol
Old 04-30-15, 08:37 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Originally Posted by texsexlex
...just thought I would repost for anyone that may have missed this. We have a table for a few of us, so if you can make it,we would love to have you.....Shawn call me when you get in town
Old 04-30-15, 09:10 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

So I got us a group table at GMBG and Yellowcard will be playing live on the main stage. I talked to the manager and no charge... Heck Yea! Hopefully it's not just Ed and I, but if so.... we will make the best of it! Booyah! Plan is to get to Gas Monkey around 7pm and post up in the parking lot and then inside for drinks, live music, and food after talking shop and showboatin' for a bit.

Ed, I'll call you as soon as I get into city limits buddy! Also, if you got a nice camera, bring it!

Last edited by ShawnOk; 04-30-15 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-01-15, 02:51 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

On the way with my buddy from Shreveport! Whoooooooo!
Old 05-06-15, 11:22 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

We had a great time at the Gas Monkey Bar and Grill. It was packed! We got some good photos which I'll post soon but I was really happy to spend some time with Ed and my buddy from work. We had a great time talking about cars, shootin the breeze, and enjoying some great food. The atmosphere was awesome! Plus got some Gas Monkey gear before my 11 hour drive back to Chicago. Good times!
Old 05-07-15, 02:24 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

Any tornados near you in OK?

Quick Reply: ShawnOk in Dallas 5/1