SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Nat's SC430 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-15, 02:17 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Nat's SC430 Build Thread

I'm not new to CL but am new to the SC forum. I have been lurking for a while, while looking for a SC430. I ended picking one up in August of 2014 and it's been sitting at a buddy's shop (Impact Performance in San Mateo,CA) for the last 7 months waiting for parts. I previously owned a GS300 and a LS460L. Here are a few pictures of my previous project and the newly acquired SC. Still got a long way to go to get to where I want it to be.

The following users liked this post:
ARCHIVES (08-01-22)
Old 04-13-15, 03:34 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Wow, can not wait!
Old 04-13-15, 06:43 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

oooohhh.. finally your build thread!! awesome.. can't wait..
Old 04-13-15, 09:56 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

I feel like Pavlov's dog salivating after a bell... can't wait to see what you come up with!
Old 04-14-15, 08:01 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Excellent Sir !,
Old 04-14-15, 09:46 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

The SC sat for 3 months untouched. Recently, we started working on removing the interior. Since the car is 13 years old, the interior needed some TLC. All interior piece was stripped down and will be re-upholstered or cleaned, really really cleaned.

Rear and front seats were removed. Even all 4 seat belts were removed and cleaned. Amazing how white it is now.

Both doors removed and clean and will be re-upholstered.

All the panels in the trunk removed in preparation for the air setup.

My buddy had an extra Image Dynamic sub sitting around so we used it in the OEM factory location powered by an ARC amp.
Old 04-14-15, 12:18 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts

If this turns out anything like your previous car it will be a 'work of art'.

Can't wait to see the build, please post pictures of everything you do to it.

Cheers
Steve
Old 04-14-15, 12:18 PM
SebSC430
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh, that 's the disassembly
Old 04-14-15, 01:11 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Looks like its moving now. Can you possibly post a small DIY on the seat removal? I am getting some noise from a loose passenger seat and would like to know what bolts are where? I see a few of them are capped and don't want to scratch or ruin anything that doesn't need tightening. I would really appreciate it!
Old 04-14-15, 01:49 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Looks like its moving now. Can you possibly post a small DIY on the seat removal? I am getting some noise from a loose passenger seat and would like to know what bolts are where? I see a few of them are capped and don't want to scratch or ruin anything that doesn't need tightening. I would really appreciate it!
Shawn...sure thing. Next time I'm at the shop, I'll take a few pic. I'm assuming rear passenger seat correct? The front is pretty straight forward...4 bolts.
Old 04-14-15, 02:14 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

After months of researching, asking questions from owners with different air set up and test riding a few setup, I pulled the trigger on ordering the Air Runner TC5. There are a few aftermarket air set up you can choose from, Air Runner, Air Rex, Air Lift, Air Zenith, UAS, just to name a few. I rode in John from VIPStylecars.com's GS400 with TC5 setup and love the way it handles. The ride was still smooth and it retained the sportyness of a GS. I like the fact that I can control the dampening from the driver seat...from the TC5 controller with LCD display. It has 6 programmable preset dampening adjustment to suite different driving condition. I have Air Runner on the LS460L and are 100% satisfy with the ride quality so am sure the quality will be the same on the SC430. I'll keep you all posted. Hopefully, the air setup will be done by next week.

Air Runner TC5

LCD controller/display and the brain that control the Cusco struts.

Air Runner gauges

My POS car with the TC5.
Old 04-14-15, 02:59 PM
Tdvlexo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One word "NICE"... Another member from the LS forum with an SC. I own a LS460L also and been looking at your 460 build thread, loving your car. I recently purchased an Sc430 about 3 months ago, bought from a forum member VIPness. Can't wait to see your Sc build. I wonder how many Ls member own or in the process of buying an Sc. By the way I like the color on your Sc in and out.
Old 04-14-15, 09:38 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

I'm actually looking for the bolts for the front passenger seat. I looked but don't see them right away. There are some covered parts on the track but don't want destroy them if I don't know exactly what I'm getting into. Any help is appreciated it.
Old 04-14-15, 09:44 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
I'm actually looking for the bolts for the front passenger seat. I looked but don't see them right away. There are some covered parts on the track but don't want destroy them if I don't know exactly what I'm getting into. Any help is appreciated it.
At each of the track there are caps Shawn, the caps pop right off. Underneath each cap is a bolt remove the 4 bolts and tilt the base of the seat back towards the rear seat and underneath you'll see connectors which have to unplugged. After the connectors are unplugged, the seat can be removed.
Old 04-14-15, 09:49 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Nat, I wish the airrunners would come with a better air management system. You can use the ridetech management system to go completely digital and you wont have to run those gauges in the car. That with the cusco dampening display would go well together. Fully digital suspensions height adjustment and dampening adjustment. Just my $0.02..

Quick Reply: Nat's SC430 Build Thread