SC430 VIDEO/Reverse cam to NAV/GPS + Audio

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-15, 06:06 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default SC430 VIDEO/Reverse cam to NAV/GPS + Audio

Hi Guys,

planning to buy a navtool for my sc430 to input video and reverse cam to my Navigation screen... and would also like to add a media player but figured I need a separate tool for audio after speaking to Habious.

Im interested in the vaistech but want to know what the difference is between these two? I want oem sound quality and plug and play but for the best price..

http://www.vaistech.com/site/sl3u.php

and

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Soundgate-Toy...item487bed25af

and for media player I guess I want something that takes usb.. so was looking for something for a good deal.. I guess this should work..

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-1080P-Min...item3a9a888b30

oh and if anyone speaks German,, I would like to know what this is? looks like it has a direct USB input but doesnt have av input.. trying to understand how the media players audio would connect into this thing?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ZEMEX-V3-MP3-...item27d14d68b3

Thank you!

Last edited by 416tt; 03-30-15 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-30-15, 08:36 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Check the info.... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...on-naviks.html

The Asus O!Play Mini Media player has played every single media file I have thrown at it. Great video quality and lots of options (zoom, aspect ratio, etc). Sound is awesome too. I do get a little tiny background squelch when playback is paused but when sound is active can't hear any erroneous noise. Probably should put a ground loop isolater, but doesn't bother me much since I don't pause that often. It's comparable to a direct connection using AUX with an ipod (the tiny little electronic background noise)

PS. Your ebay media player requires 5vDC, cars run 12vDV. I chose Asus specifically since it runs at 12vDC. Additionally, going HDMI or 1080 won't matter as the resolution will be limited by the lowest resolution used, in this case the OEM screen (ie. using an HDMI to RCA cable [for input into NAVTool/NavIKS] is equivalent to using the normal RCA to RCA cable). I download 720p videos and clips which play super clear on the screen with sound that is synced up. Many players I've seen in the past will have sound lag. No bueno.

Last edited by ShawnOk; 03-30-15 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-30-15, 09:41 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Check the info.... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...on-naviks.html

The Asus O!Play Mini Media player has played every single media file I have thrown at it. Great video quality and lots of options (zoom, aspect ratio, etc). Sound is awesome too. I do get a little tiny background squelch when playback is paused but when sound is active can't hear any erroneous noise. Probably should put a ground loop isolater, but doesn't bother me much since I don't pause that often. It's comparable to a direct connection using AUX with an ipod (the tiny little electronic background noise)

PS. Your ebay media player requires 5vDC, cars run 12vDV. I chose Asus specifically since it runs at 12vDC. Additionally, going HDMI or 1080 won't matter as the resolution will be limited by the lowest resolution used, in this case the OEM screen (ie. using an HDMI to RCA cable [for input into NAVTool/NavIKS] is equivalent to using the normal RCA to RCA cable). I download 720p videos and clips which play super clear on the screen with sound that is synced up. Many players I've seen in the past will have sound lag. No bueno.
Thanks Shawn! Ill see where I can find the Asus media player, it looks good! I might try naviks aswell as it says sale on navtool shouldve ended march 30 midnight.. and it doesnt seem to be taking paypal.. not sure if there prices are in CAD or USD either..

As for the audio input I'm looking for a vais unit except I dont know the difference between the ones above.. one is half price of the other... wondering if there same thing...

Thanks
Old 03-30-15, 09:42 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

what year is your SC?
I seem to remember that ebay one comes with a 12pin (large) connector. pre2006 use the large (7+5) 12 pin while 2006+ use the small (6+6)connector. That was the way it was explained to me. In any case, I highly recommend the VaisTech SL3U. You won't be disappointed. Additionally, I've had trouble with that ebay company, hifisoundconnection. CORRECTION: They had some JL 6.5 subwoofers listed for sale. Charged me full price for two speakes. Then called me 5 days later to say they only have one in stock. They could refund me half and send one or refund both. Additional headache when I really needed the speakers since I was designing my system around them. Check the Better Business Bureau (BBB.com). They have quite a few complaints and unhappy customers. But on the other side of the coin, I do wish someone would try this item to find out if it work so then we know if there is another option other than VaisTech. If you're willing to be the guinea pig.

Last edited by ShawnOk; 03-30-15 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-30-15, 09:58 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

what year is your SC?
I seem to remember that ebay one comes with a 12pin (large) connector. pre2006 use the large (7+5) 12 pin while 2006+ use the small (6+6)connector. That was the way it was explained to me. In any case, I highly recommend the VaisTech SL3U. You won't be disappointed. Additionally, I've had trouble with that ebay company, hifisoundconnection. CORRECTION: They had some JL 6.5 subwoofers listed for sale. Charged me full price for two speakes. Then called me 5 days later to say they only have one in stock. They could refund me half and send one or refund both. Additional headache when I really needed the speakers since I was designing my system around them. Check the Better Business Bureau (BBB.com). They have quite a few complaints and unhappy customers. But on the other side of the coin, I do wish someone would try this item to find out if it work so then we know if there is another option other than VaisTech. If you're willing to be the guinea pig.
ah I see.. My SC is an 04..

I guess I will go with the slu3 then

thanks!
Old 03-30-15, 10:01 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

The only benefit of this ebay unit is that if you ever want to add XM, it's already configured for that plus the AUX. SL3U will only give you the AUX. I won't be adding XM so I didn't pursue this unit any further.
Old 03-31-15, 05:33 AM
NovaRnder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I myself is looking at this model of Vaistech for bluetooth audio streaming.

http://www.vaistech.com/site/sl3b.php

all ears here....
Old 03-31-15, 04:42 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NovaRnder
I myself is looking at this model of Vaistech for bluetooth audio streaming.

http://www.vaistech.com/site/sl3b.php

all ears here....
Nova, what year is your SC?
Old 04-01-15, 06:38 AM
NovaRnder
Driver

Nova, what year is your SC?
2007 P.B. edition
Old 04-01-15, 02:05 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NovaRnder
2007 P.B. edition
Well VaisTech does show that the SL3B is compatible for your 2007. Never heard of anyone that has used it with the SC430, but if you run that path a thread with the install and review would be really awesome and helpful to other members.
Old 04-01-15, 02:21 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Well VaisTech does show that the SL3B is compatible for your 2007. Never heard of anyone that has used it with the SC430, but if you run that path a thread with the install and review would be really awesome and helpful to other members.
sure will...