SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Right side rear view mirror replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-15, 12:03 PM
cargochief
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right side rear view mirror replacement

Hello I have a 2006 SC430. Somebody slammed car door into right rear view mirror and broke the mirror housing. I bought a new mirror on ebay. Do I have to take the inner door panel off to change mirror? Or can I just change the piece of the housing that surrounds the mirror? I saw a video on you tube, the guy popped the mirror out on a different type of Lexus not SC and pretty much disassembled the mirror housing on the car to tighten up the swivel. I really hate messing with door panels. Also looking for a drivers side door threshold light.

Last edited by cargochief; 03-14-15 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-14-15, 08:17 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Do you mean the only damaged parts is the outer cover with the chrome bezel? If so, then you do not need to remove the door panel. If you have a need to change the wiring then you will need to remove the door panel. Check out my thread. I have extensive experience with the side mirrors. Be VERY CAREFUL in removing the actual glass! https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...n-signals.html
Old 03-15-15, 07:19 AM
cargochief
Driver School Candidate

No its not the piece with the chrome. It's the perimeter piece around the mirror itself that rolls around the backside of the mirror. With the mirror adjustments mechanism.
Old 03-15-15, 04:37 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Can you take a few photos? I can help you better if I know specifically what needs repair.
Old 03-17-15, 05:58 PM
cargochief
Driver School Candidate

i'm having trouble getting pics on the site. Not very tech savy.
Old 03-17-15, 08:55 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Take a few photos. Five max. Copy them to your computer. Now make sure your file size is less than 3.3mb for each photo (Right Click on the photo, then choose properties). If they are larger you will have to compress them. If you have Windows you can do this in "Microsoft Office Picture Manager," if you have it. You can search for it through the Start Menu. Or use any other program to reduce the size to less than 3.3mb. If using Picture Manager, click, "Edit Photos" at the top. Click on "Compress Pictures" on the right. Choose "Documents" and then click "Ok."

Now to upload them to this site. Return to this thread. At the bottom of this page, go to the advanced options below by clicking "Go Advanced.: Scroll about 1/2 of the way down and look for "Manage Attachments." A new window will open with five attachment spots. Find the photos you took and attach them. Then click, "Choose Files," for each file. Then Click "Upload." Then click "Close this Window," in the upper right corner. This will bring you back to the forum screen. Click "Submit Reply." Done.

If the files do not show up when you "choose files" then they are too large for upload and you will need to reduce the size further (ie. repeat this process).