SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Door dings

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-15, 08:57 PM
Black31385
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Door dings

Have any of you guys witnessed your car door being dinged? I have walked out and seen my car door dinged, but witnessing it is on a whole bother level. Just wondering what you would do in this situation. I have witnessed it being happened to me 3 times.
Old 03-12-15, 08:32 AM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Black31385
Have any of you guys witnessed your car door being dinged? I have walked out and seen my car door dinged, but witnessing it is on a whole bother level. Just wondering what you would do in this situation. I have witnessed it being happened to me 3 times.
you must tell them, if you don't then they will do it again to someone else! people need to respect other people's property..

Depending on if it was an accident or how sorry the person is and how bad it is maybe you can let them go after.. and if the person seems to act like a smart@..s.. and act like they didn't do it when you saw them I would report it (majority of them do this).
Old 03-13-15, 01:01 AM
Black31385
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bimmer416
you must tell them, if you don't then they will do it again to someone else! people need to respect other people's property..

Depending on if it was an accident or how sorry the person is and how bad it is maybe you can let them go after.. and if the person seems to act like a smart@..s.. and act like they didn't do it when you saw them I would report it (majority of them do this).
It hasn't happened to me in the sc430 yet knock on wood, but I do have a door ding from when I was parked at the mall. If I had witnessed it I don't know what I would have done.

This happened to me twice while I was sitting in my car. The op did not know I was in there and I got out and said " do you know you just hit my car". He walked up to my truck looked at the door and said "it's ok, it's nothing". Then walked away. It was a little dent, but still to me it's the point of not respecting my property. Just because to that person it's just a car does not mean I think the same way. I am very much into cars and I take very good care of it. It sucks because I take very good care of it, and then someone comes and dents it.
Old 03-13-15, 04:44 AM
NAmVet68
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drop my wife off for short shopping trips at the mall (15-20 minutes) and sit in parking lots listening to my excellent stereo.....its AMAZING what I see people doing when they get in & out of their cars - especially fat-*** women & kids! I sometimes cringe when I see the way they throw the car doors open and GRIND them repeatedly into the car next to them while they are putting their packages/kids into their SUVs. They could care less.

That's why I always park as far away from the doors of a mall as possible. I haven't had a door ding on any car I've owned for many years (other than the one that was in my 2008 SC when I bought it - it's not that bad, but I know its there - I'll get around to getting it fixed someday).

Besides - It's good exercise walking across the parking lot, and I usually park in an open, very conspicuous place. I usually try to find a shady spot (very important with a dark car in Florida). A brisk walk is far preferable than walking out and blowing a gasket seeing your car damaged.....
Old 03-13-15, 07:01 AM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Use "Paintless Dent Repair" from a reputable source. I got all my dongs out for less than $200 in about an hour. It's a miracle for dings. Just do a google search and there should be shops in your area. Can't go wrong !
Old 03-13-15, 09:43 AM
Moonstruck
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My experience has been, the only way to be sure of not getting dings is to park way in the back of the Parkin lot. Axx Hxxxx who don't give a crap about other people's property also do not like to walk.
Old 03-13-15, 12:55 PM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I seriously might report the person to my insurance company or police. When a someone dings your car, you are incurring a loss. I just don't know how confrontational such a situation could become..
Old 03-13-15, 03:01 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Moonstruck
My experience has been, the only way to be sure of not getting dings is to park way in the back of the Parkin lot. Axx Hxxxx who don't give a crap about other people's property also do not like to walk.
I do that also but still come out to find my car surrounded on all sides but other cars, even though I parked far away from everyone else. Sometimes I wonder if it is done out of spite.
Old 03-13-15, 03:12 PM
Black31385
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NAmVet68
I drop my wife off for short shopping trips at the mall (15-20 minutes) and sit in parking lots listening to my excellent stereo.....its AMAZING what I see people doing when they get in & out of their cars - especially fat-*** women & kids! I sometimes cringe when I see the way they throw the car doors open and GRIND them repeatedly into the car next to them while they are putting their packages/kids into their SUVs. They could care less.

That's why I always park as far away from the doors of a mall as possible. I haven't had a door ding on any car I've owned for many years (other than the one that was in my 2008 SC when I bought it - it's not that bad, but I know its there - I'll get around to getting it fixed someday).

Besides - It's good exercise walking across the parking lot, and I usually park in an open, very conspicuous place. I usually try to find a shady spot (very important with a dark car in Florida). A brisk walk is far preferable than walking out and blowing a gasket seeing your car damaged.....
Lol I am fat myself, well used to be. Even though I was fat I did not do this to other people's property. I would park in spaces that I knew would have enough room for my fat a$$ to get out.

One time I was pulling into a parking spot and went into the store, then I saw a big lady in a ford expedition pull up and parked beside me. I didnt think anything, when I came out guess what I had the most ugly ding/dent I had ever seen. It was so deep, it looked like someone took a flat head screw driver and used a hammer to hit it into my door. I was so mad.
Old 03-13-15, 03:14 PM
Black31385
Intermediate

I do this all the time. It's just that in Houston the parking lot can me half empty when you come, and full when you leave. Some shopping centers here have small parking lots and the spaces are small
Old 03-13-15, 07:22 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Black31385
In 1968 I had a brand new 1967 corvette . I parked the car in front of office building on a wide street in a spot that was quite large. I figured no one would hit my car backing in or backing out of a parking spot in front of me or behind me. I am standing there and this A-- h--- Walks up to my car and puts his big large
brief case smack in the middle of my hood, My car model was the 427 engine with the hood scoop. I walked up to him and told him to remove his case at once. He looked at me and made a wise crack and slid his case off and scratched my hood. I was to young to know any better so I let it go. I should of called the cops on him.
Old 03-13-15, 08:55 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I usually park way in back of parking lots where there are no other cars. I also straddle two spaces as long as there are plenty of empty spaces. I don't want to rude and tick off someone who needs a space.
Old 03-14-15, 03:25 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would say something if I saw them do it. If they had hubcaps I'd kick one in. And tell them that I would pay for the hubcap, because they were going to be paying for a new paint job and dent removal. Had a fellow worker go to a car that was parked so close that he couldn't get in the drivers side that he took a small pebble and put it under a valve stem cap. Crawled in the passenger side and drove away. I guess when they came out their tire was either flat or really soft.
Old 03-14-15, 02:21 PM
Moonstruck
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Harold57, I find it hard to believe that Texas has more Axx Hxxxx than NY, but it must be so from your experience. Ha, Ha.
Old 03-14-15, 05:26 PM
Black31385
Intermediate

Harold57, I find it hard to believe that Texas has more Axx Hxxxx than NY, but it must be so from your experience. Ha, Ha.
I dont think we have more Axx Hxxxx, but over here it depends on the area.
I don't really live in the bad part of Houston anymore, but do go to that side of town

Quick Reply: Door dings