SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

2002 SC430 Bluetooth Adapter steam music

Old 02-18-15, 06:04 PM
tennman117
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 33 Posts

It definitely is 90's shawn.
I really don't hear any noise from mine but am seriously thinking about going to a different system.

Would much rather have something that can do Bluetooth as well as upgraded gps.

Would be talking about significantly more money but I plan on keeping my 430 for the remainder of my life so in that respect why not.

As the old saying goes "you can't take it with you".
Old 02-18-15, 06:11 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
I'd be interested to see if this works also. There is an "application guide" at the bottom of the page in pdf. It indicates that the SL3B is only compatible with 2005+ Sc430s. Just something to keep in mind.

PS... It might cause loss of the 6 CD disc changer, as it indicates that it puts the unit in CD Emulation mode.
This is a copy of what Vais says about the cd emulation

Retains all factory installed equipment

Our unique SoundLinQ3 technology doesn't affect factory-installed components such as 6-disc CD changer, CD/DVD changer or satellite radio. When you connect SL3B iPod kit to the audio system, your vehicle recognizes it as an additional OEM CD changer, MD changer or MP3 audio device. And since the SoundLinQ3 system utilizes the factory audio system connectors, it installs easily without compromising your vehicle's warranty.
Old 02-18-15, 06:43 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by mrblister
This is a copy of what Vais says about the cd emulation

Retains all factory installed equipment

Our unique SoundLinQ3 technology doesn't affect factory-installed components such as 6-disc CD changer, CD/DVD changer or satellite radio. When you connect SL3B iPod kit to the audio system, your vehicle recognizes it as an additional OEM CD changer, MD changer or MP3 audio device. And since the SoundLinQ3 system utilizes the factory audio system connectors, it installs easily without compromising your vehicle's warranty.
Well it would be interesting to see if it works, as I don't know anyone who's tried it... yet. A few cons though... first, 2005+ models only. Also, it only gives Bluetooth connection not a true Aux and it doesn't charge iPod/iPhone/Android. Pros-- controls tracks through the OEM system (wheel controls?) and displays track info and text on the OEM radio, and allows browsing via the OEM head unit. Might be pretty cool.

I would like to see someone test it and give us their valuable opinion {not that it would help with my 2002 :-( }.... Any guinea pigs out there?

MrBlister, that is also what Blitzsafe said about their product. That is would just appear as an additional CD changer. But after two attempts and changing the software chip it didn't "work." On the second attempt, the music played but through all the time. I could hear music nonstop through FM, CD, AM. As if it was always playing in the background. It didn't allow text options or track selection, as also indicated by Blitzsafe. I dumped it for the VaisTech SL3U.

http://blitzsafe.com/catalog/lexus/l.../prod_270.html (seems they changed their description though).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/iPhone-6-5-5s-5c-Toyota-Lexus-Car-iPod-Aux-Input-Adapter-Charger-Cable-/161094031497?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ASC430&hash=item2581f3d889&vxp=mtr (tried this too, didn't work)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gold-Plated-3-5mm-Jack-AUX-Interface-Adapter-Audio-Input-For-Lexus-Scion-Toyota-/371257456448?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5670ab3740&vxp=mtr (tried this also, didn't work)

GROM Audio is another option I heard about, but I didn't try it.

Last edited by ShawnOk; 02-18-15 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-18-15, 08:19 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Well it would be interesting to see if it works, as I don't know anyone who's tried it... yet. A few cons though... first, 2005+ models only. Also, it only gives Bluetooth connection not a true Aux and it doesn't charge iPod/iPhone/Android. Pros-- controls tracks through the OEM system (wheel controls?) and displays track info and text on the OEM radio, and allows browsing via the OEM head unit. Might be pretty cool.

I would like to see someone test it and give us their valuable opinion {not that it would help with my 2002 :-( }.... Any guinea pigs out there?

MrBlister, that is also what Blitzsafe said about their product. That is would just appear as an additional CD changer. But after two attempts and changing the software chip it didn't "work." On the second attempt, the music played but through all the time. I could hear music nonstop through FM, CD, AM. As if it was always playing in the background. It didn't allow text options or track selection, as also indicated by Blitzsafe. I dumped it for the VaisTech SL3U.

http://blitzsafe.com/catalog/lexus/l.../prod_270.html (seems they changed their description though).
iPhone 6 5 5S 5c Toyota Lexus Car iPod Aux Input Adapter Charger Cable | eBay (tried this too, didn't work)

Gold Plated 3 5mm Jack Aux Interface Adapter Audio Input for Lexus Scion Toyota | eBay (tried this also, didn't work)

GROM Audio is another option I heard about, but I didn't try it.

I did install the sl3-b in my 2004 gx470. The unit itself has a usb port that you can charge your phone with it. I did the install and left the vais unit in the glove box and a usb extension cord so i can plug it in at will. It is blue tooth and very high quality sound better then cd I can stream pandora or any other app sight for music. The install emulation is md [ multi disk ] when you go through your modes from the steering wheel controls after cd you get md . I was told that if I buy another unit for my 2005 sc430 and emulation is cd , When I scroll through the steering wheel mode switch i would get cd 1 6 disk changer and the cd 2 that would be the vais unit.
Old 05-10-15, 08:42 AM
smksc430
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vaistech aux mode

I purchased and installed the Cais Tech unit and it works great. Does anyone know if you can program the antenna to be in the retracted position when in Aux mode? Currently it is up and not needed when playing from my phone.
Old 05-10-15, 11:26 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by smksc430
I purchased and installed the Cais Tech unit and it works great. Does anyone know if you can program the antenna to be in the retracted position when in Aux mode? Currently it is up and not needed when playing from my phone.
Which VaisTech unit did you purchase? Not sure about your antenna question, though.
Old 05-11-15, 03:10 AM
smksc430
Driver School Candidate

Default Sl3u

Which VaisTech unit did you purchase? Not sure about your antenna question, though.
The unit I installed was the SL3-U. If you put the lexus unit in cd mode the antenna retracts the hope is that it would stray retracted in Aux mode as it is not needed.
Old 11-21-15, 04:49 AM
1983canes
Driver School Candidate

Anyone have an Parrot MKI9000 or any other Parrot model installed for bluetooth? What is sound quality? Did you ever use cassette adpator and how does Parrot compare? I have been told many different things and want to hear any pros / cons from someone who actually has one installed. Thanks inn advance.