SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

DMV (D.C. / Maryland / VA) members

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-15, 09:33 AM
NovaRnder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrMark
Nice gathering! Sorry I couldn't get my cars back on the road....damn weather has killed my spirits and now it snowed this morning !
yes I left VA last night around midnight and hail coming down but 12 hours later, I am now 250 miles away from Miami!!
Old 03-30-15, 03:46 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Default LexBrett SC

Thanks to everybody that made it to our first meet up of the year. Kudos to the ones that made the drive from New York and Yorktown, VA.

The picture of the engine compartment above belongs to LexBrett. Immaculate and dressed up for the occasion! He has done a lot of mods to his SC and yes I mean a lot. This guy is amazing, he won't hesitate to let you in on how he did them and what did and did not work. So in my EBAY impression of rating the transaction ----> This guy is an asset to the group and A++++!!
Old 03-30-15, 05:23 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bacardi11
greg
guys install injection intake just to hear the noise dose sh-- but add hot air instead adding cold air. the stock box is the best when work on.
Yep. That's why I did a BFI adding a 3" duct to the area in front of the radiator to the OEM airbox - I need to rebuild that- It only added 3-4 wHP but that's still a bit more power and now I have plenty more torque with the new differential. I'm ordering light weight (21 lbs) wheels and Michelin summer tires and will get another dyno soon to see the new shift points.
Old 03-30-15, 05:49 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

SlvBullet showing us how it should be done. His is the best sounding SC I heard and felt so far. Shook the ground when he revved it up!![

Thanks. It's really not about being loud though rather all the components working together, all flow through and the exhaust from the two sides of the engine being balanced and not competing though the entire exhaust. I'm really only that loud at the track under full acceleration with the pedal to the metal ...
Old 03-30-15, 05:51 PM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
I'm really only that loud...under full acceleration with the pedal to the metal ...
Yeah, me too.

Oh, wait...
Old 03-30-15, 06:06 PM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

greg
I know your trying to do the best things to your car end why. the rear like I said is the best all round gear for the street. my 3 pieces Work Rim about 21 lbs also. make the car lighter wheel help. like my Lithium Battery. weight lost. a lighter car with gears will always be quicker. some may not like to hear this but its all true.
Its like Habious car light weight and fast.

Last edited by bacardi11; 03-30-15 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-30-15, 06:49 PM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NovaRnder

Thanks to everybody that made it to our first meet up of the year. Kudos to the ones that made the drive from New York and Yorktown, VA.

The picture of the engine compartment above belongs to LexBrett. Immaculate and dressed up for the occasion! He has done a lot of mods to his SC and yes I mean a lot. This guy is amazing, he won't hesitate to let you in on how he did them and what did and did not work. So in my EBAY impression of rating the transaction ----> This guy is an asset to the group and A++++!!
Thanks for the kind words!!
Old 03-31-15, 05:59 AM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Default Mod envy

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
Yep. That's why I did a BFI adding a 3" duct to the area in front of the radiator to the OEM airbox - I need to rebuild that- It only added 3-4 wHP but that's still a bit more power and now I have plenty more torque with the new differential. I'm ordering light weight (21 lbs) wheels and Michelin summer tires and will get another dyno soon to see the new shift points.
Greg, a couple questions about several of your mods:

1. Trd Door Stabilizers. Do you really feel improved handling with these?

2. Carbing cooling plate. For someone that doesn't go to the track, do you think there are observable benefits to the plate?

3. Interior trim. You had some gorgeous supplementary trim in your car. Where did you buy?

4. X-pipe. I just loved the sound of your car. I chose to straight pipe mine, just because the x-pipe seemed complicated. After hearing your car, maybe I should have teen my time. :-)

Given that I have a straight pipe, third cat delete, and resonator delete, do you think I still can do the x-pipe and do you think it would improve power (and sound like an earthquake like your car)??

I think my fiancé would lose it if I spent more on this car, but I can always do my mods in secret :-)
Old 03-31-15, 06:24 AM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

lex
the X pipe balance the flow when you have a true duel exhaust system.
the Trd Door Stabilizers the guys in Japan use it. it works.
the Dr Gas mufflers are from the Hot Mustang cars.
some guys waist there money on the wrong things.

Last edited by bacardi11; 03-31-15 at 06:33 AM.
Old 03-31-15, 08:12 AM
NovaRnder
Driver

Brett, I'm just glad we are not next door neighbor! Can you imagine, if I'm not playing poker, I probably spend the most of my time away from the card table being nosy at what mod you are working with and maybe lending you a hand or two and maybe helping me with my wife's SC... ha ha!
Old 03-31-15, 08:25 AM
Bilque
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brett - when you get a chance, shoot me the info and part numbers for your rear sway / end link upgrade. Thanks!
Old 03-31-15, 08:33 AM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bilque
Brett - when you get a chance, shoot me the info and part numbers for your rear sway / end link upgrade. Thanks!
Ok, will do. I need to do some digging. You are looking for the rear end links?
Old 03-31-15, 08:37 AM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NovaRnder
Brett, I'm just glad we are not next door neighbor! Can you imagine, if I'm not playing poker, I probably spend the most of my time away from the card table being nosy at what mod you are working with and maybe lending you a hand or two and maybe helping me with my wife's SC... ha ha!
Happy to help!

Have you done the spark plugs? That could make a big difference. You could also seafoam the engine, and clean out the carbon. Do you have stock air filter? Get the AEM washable high flow, instant increase in HP with no risk.

Fluids are also really easy to change.

The sprintbooster is also incredible!

Just a couple easy ones. I know you want to keep your PB mostly if not all OEM.
Old 03-31-15, 05:36 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexBrett
Greg, a couple questions about several of your mods:

1. Trd Door Stabilizers. Do you really feel improved handling with these?

2. Carbing cooling plate. For someone that doesn't go to the track, do you think there are observable benefits to the plate?

3. Interior trim. You had some gorgeous supplementary trim in your car. Where did you buy?

4. X-pipe. I just loved the sound of your car. I chose to straight pipe mine, just because the x-pipe seemed complicated. After hearing your car, maybe I should have teen my time. :-)

Given that I have a straight pipe, third cat delete, and resonator delete, do you think I still can do the x-pipe and do you think it would improve power (and sound like an earthquake like your car)??

I think my fiancé would lose it if I spent more on this car, but I can always do my mods in secret :-)
Hi there

1. Makes the car feel more solid especially with the top down. I did it because it also stiifens the car up with the top up when I'm in the track. Not much mondy, easy install. Will it make a difference for driving around town, no.

2. No, you don't run close to redline so there's little point unless you simply like the look. However, again low cost, easy install ...

3. Thanks. i always thought some areas looked that they were supposed to have the matching wood and it looked strange without. I'll look and post where I purchased. There are two suppliers with slightly different pieces.

4. Brett your car sounds great! You have a good balance with a more aggressive sound but not over the top. I didn't do my custom exhaust for the sound rather the power advantages for track time. Not cheap, not simple install and it could change your good car sound to noisy. Around town I drive and C-gate shift to keep the sound down by staying within certain revs. In the track it's another driving style.

There's no way you can do the X-pipe mode in secrtet or hide it later ... The other ones will pass the fiancee test.
Old 04-01-15, 10:22 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Here's the link where I bought the wood trim kit. I liked this one from BI Trim

http://www.bitrim.com/wd406.htm

There is another manufacturer - Sherwood - several sources eg.

http://www.autoanything.com/dash-kits/75A5351A0A0.aspx

http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com...?set-vehicle=1

Quick Reply: DMV (D.C. / Maryland / VA) members