SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

DMV (D.C. / Maryland / VA) members

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-15, 05:08 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Habious
I've been following this thread for a while but, I'm chiming in late to the party, sorry about that.

I'm interested, and might be able to make the 22nd.

Silly (or not-so-silly) question - Would folks have a preference as to which car I bring? I can either bring the 2003 SC430; dirty, scratched, and looks like all the others. Or I could bring "the other car".
I for one would love to see "the other" car! Unfortunately I am busy at church on Sundays until about 2 pm.
Old 02-05-15, 11:47 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default keeps growing!!

*1)* NovaRnder
* 2)* SlvBullet
* 3)* Mujininzoo
* 4)* LexBrett
* 5)* Bilque
* 6)* SrWilliams
* 7)* lexus7217
* 8)* hlthlnk
* 9)* Jimbad
10)* Bprakash
11)* Habious
Old 02-07-15, 03:41 PM
hlthlnk
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by NovaRnder
Sounds good!! I like the idea of rotating venues. Sunday afternoon is fine, we know how busy the roads can be around DMV during weekdays and some Saturdays too. Last Sunday of Feb will be the 22nd, maybe around 2 or 3pm. These are just suggestions and we can just keep bumping up this thread so we can check the development or the interest list here.
NovaRnder- since you are the originator of this group, I suggested we meet at an earlier time on the 22nd of Feb but no one is really responding do you want to go with 3pm? maybe the location I suggested is also not good for everyone...
Old 02-07-15, 07:08 PM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Yea we will need some day light
Old 02-08-15, 06:03 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Default Feb 22 Sunday (First Meetup)

I am good at any time during this day. If daylight is the concern, we can do in the morning or around 1pm and we can always adjust for future meet-up time as daylight time lengthens. And now I think for the locations, of course we will always have issue among the others. My two cents here, just pick a location for this first meet up then we can always have a poll if we want to do this at same location all the time or we can change location every time and better yet, when the weather gets better here at our area (Spring-Fall), maybe we can meet up on some remote area like Shenandoah area where it's fun to drive our SCs to get there and maybe have a picnic or something. These are just some ideas and thoughts and hopefully not to scare anybody off. The main thing right now is just to get this underway I guess.
Old 02-09-15, 11:00 AM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

I can do 3pm and location is fine .
Old 02-09-15, 04:51 PM
Mujininzoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I should be good for location and time...slight chance I'll be out of the area but expect to be back.
Old 02-10-15, 04:57 PM
hlthlnk
Intermediate

Default Feb 22nd at 3pm

perfect I will be there!
Old 02-11-15, 08:04 AM
Bilque
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Won't be able to make the Feb meet due to prior commitment, but looking forward to future meets. I think NoVaRnder's suggestion of rotating time/place is an excellent way to get the most people involved. May even allow some of the NJ / NC members an opportunity to make the trip. From Colonial Williamsburg to D.C. to Shenandoah to Skyline drive, lots of great choices. I'm always up for a road trip if there is BBQ at the end of the drive!
Old 02-17-15, 06:24 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm still interested in this, and very-much looking forward to it.

However, I'm starting to worry about the weather.

For one thing, my car (all of them, actually) is dirty as efff! and I don't think it's going to be above freezing between now and Sunday to get it/them washed. Hate going to a meet to show off my car and showing up with a grimy car! That's just embarrassing.

I know it's a little early in the week but, as of right now (Tuesday morning), they're calling for a 72% chance of snow on Saturday, and a 60% chance of rain on Sunday. Yuk.

Just throwing that out there.
Old 02-17-15, 03:38 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Default Feb 22 Sunday Meet Up Canceled!

Heard the same thing about more snow and howling high wind again for this Saturday!! I guess we cancel the February Meet Up and shoot for next month which is March 29th. I hope the cancelation is ok with everybody that was planning to come this Sunday.
Old 02-17-15, 05:06 PM
hlthlnk
Intermediate

Heard the same thing about more snow and howling high wind again for this Saturday!! I guess we cancel the February Meet Up and shoot for next month which is March 29th. I hope the cancelation is ok with everybody that was planning to come this Sunday.
No worries- March 29th sounds good. I just got a check engine light and pulled 2 codes...1) P1346 and P1349 it's making the car run rough. After doing some research it looks like it is a sensor part number 15340-5001. As soon as I receive it I will document, take pictures and post.
Old 02-17-15, 09:27 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

For the best. Will be able to finish up some mods when it's a bit warmer and we'll enjoy the better weather in March.
Old 02-18-15, 03:35 AM
Mujininzoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Roger, copy!
Old 02-18-15, 06:49 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I' be interested in making the drive down......would I be turned away if I drove the LS ??

Quick Reply: DMV (D.C. / Maryland / VA) members