SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

DMV (D.C. / Maryland / VA) members

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-15, 06:38 PM
Bprakash
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
nice! What color? I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing all the cars.
Red in Color. Most reliable car I have owned.
Old 01-26-15, 01:16 AM
SrWilliams
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly my though too. Maybe about 5pm or earlier on a Saturday?
Thanks for signing off on my thoughts as I was feeling as if I was the only one concerned about the night get togethers. I would hate to have to travel all the way out to the Dulles area from the heart of DC just to sit around and have drinks and some wings at hooters (don't take it wrong I am sure everyone here would be great company). But I thought the whole intent in all of this is to draw inspiration from each other's cars and what pointers we can share, etc. I am baffled with how can this sort of thing go on if we are meeting at night? Maybe I am missing something.

I would be up to meeting in the dead of the afternoon on a Sat or Sunday in an empty parking lot where everyone could look over each others cars and whatever. That is what I thought this was going to be. Even if we go together at 5 exactly how much daylight would we have to work with by the time everyone arrives.

But if the intent here is to form some sort of social club with the focus on getting together and having drinks and some eats, then I apologize because i did not know
Old 01-26-15, 02:49 AM
NovaRnder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NovaRnder
1)* NovaRnder
2)* SlvBullet
3)* Mujininzoo
4)* LexBrett
5)* Bilque
6)* SrWilliams
7)* lexus7217
8)* hlthlnk
9)* Jimbad
10)* Bprakash

for now, I'm good for anytime on a Sunday (once a month)... time? for me, anytime during the day as long as we get sufficient ample of time to see and inspect each others SCs before it gets dark and maybe trade some secrets about this vehicle and of course, comraderie!!

this is just my starting thoughts and please everybody should give their inputs, thanks....
Old 01-26-15, 06:13 AM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sunday is best for me as well!
Old 01-26-15, 02:03 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bprakash
Red in Color. Most reliable car I have owned.
Nearly crismson right? I love that color. Congrats.
Old 01-26-15, 02:14 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SrWilliams
Thanks for signing off on my thoughts as I was feeling as if I was the only one concerned about the night get togethers. I would hate to have to travel all the way out to the Dulles area from the heart of DC just to sit around and have drinks and some wings at hooters (don't take it wrong I am sure everyone here would be great company). But I thought the whole intent in all of this is to draw inspiration from each other's cars and what pointers we can share, etc. I am baffled with how can this sort of thing go on if we are meeting at night? Maybe I am missing something.

I would be up to meeting in the dead of the afternoon on a Sat or Sunday in an empty parking lot where everyone could look over each others cars and whatever. That is what I thought this was going to be. Even if we go together at 5 exactly how much daylight would we have to work with by the time everyone arrives.

But if the intent here is to form some sort of social club with the focus on getting together and having drinks and some eats, then I apologize because i did not know
Yes the priority is to share our joy of the SC430 and compare mod ideas, questions etc. but with shared interest comes friendship and a good time within each person's character and possibilities. I bet in this group there's a pretty diverse and wide range of folks - this baby boomer can't run fast any more but sure have fun with the Silver Bullet and get the support to go out every once in a while too
Old 01-26-15, 02:17 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NovaRnder
for now, I'm good for anytime on a Sunday (once a month)... time? for me, anytime during the day as long as we get sufficient ample of time to see and inspect each others SCs before it gets dark and maybe trade some secrets about this vehicle and of course, comraderie!!

this is just my starting thoughts and please everybody should give their inputs, thanks....
Is anyone in this group a good photographer? If the day is nice our meet with pictures will make a really cool thread to the forum. Mabye we can have small signs with the model year ...
Old 01-31-15, 08:10 AM
hlthlnk
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Set a date

We are into Feb now, so I think we should just set a date and place. Even if only a few can make it, it's a start. I will make the commitment to be there... so let's get the word out!
Old 01-31-15, 01:52 PM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Awesome let's do it!
Old 02-02-15, 01:01 AM
NovaRnder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Date & Time for Feb meet up Proposal

last Sunday of February will be on the 22nd.... time? anytime in the afternoon?
Old 02-04-15, 04:01 PM
hlthlnk
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Feb 22nd at 11am in Sterling Virginia, near route 7 and 28 about 20 minutes from Dulles airport.
There is a Pizza place called The Don's wood-fire pizza 21018 Southbank St Sterling Va. They are in the same shopping center as the Home depot. Please give feedback on time and location or
Old 02-04-15, 06:38 PM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Works for me
Old 02-04-15, 07:27 PM
SrWilliams
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly my though too. Maybe about 5pm or earlier on a Saturday?
Originally Posted by hlthlnk
Feb 22nd at 11am in Sterling Virginia, near route 7 and 28 about 20 minutes from Dulles airport.
There is a Pizza place called The Don's wood-fire pizza 21018 Southbank St Sterling Va. They are in the same shopping center as the Home depot. Please give feedback on time and location or
Wow that is quite a haul for those of us who live in the DC/Md area. I cringe everytime I got to drive to Rt 28 in virginia. I mean it is quite a distance. I am certain the location is really amenable for those of you who live in the Reston/Vienna area, which is perhaps most of you
Old 02-05-15, 06:44 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I've been following this thread for a while but, I'm chiming in late to the party, sorry about that.

I'm interested, and might be able to make the 22nd.

Silly (or not-so-silly) question - Would folks have a preference as to which car I bring? I can either bring the 2003 SC430; dirty, scratched, and looks like all the others. Or I could bring "the other car".
Old 02-05-15, 06:51 AM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

habious
I think they would like to see the Tesla a treat

Quick Reply: DMV (D.C. / Maryland / VA) members