SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

DMV (D.C. / Maryland / VA) members

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-15, 04:03 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DMV (D.C. / Maryland / VA) members

DMV members, how about starting a once a month meet up, let say first or last Sunday of the month? where? somewhere in the suburb where there is ample spaces for parking (maybe in some Starbucks, so you can show off your SC430 over a cup or two of coffee)... Fairfax? maybe Arlington? please don't feel obligated, this is just a thread to start a list for members who might be interested....
Old 01-19-15, 04:43 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NovaRnder
DMV members, how about starting a once a month meet up, let say first or last Sunday of the month? where? somewhere in the suburb where there is ample spaces for parking (maybe in some Starbucks, so you can show off your SC430 over a cup or two of coffee)... Fairfax? maybe Arlington? please don't feel obligated, this is just a thread to start a list for members who might be interested....
Definitely am interested but Sunday is a difficult day for folks with a family. Perhaps in the afternoon - should we rotate venues ?? Why don't we shoot for a first one end of the month or end of Feb? Will you manage the list?
Old 01-19-15, 04:45 PM
aym001
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would be nice...sc and a family... who can fit in the back?
Old 01-19-15, 06:43 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
Definitely am interested but Sunday is a difficult day for folks with a family. Perhaps in the afternoon - should we rotate venues ?? Why don't we shoot for a first one end of the month or end of Feb? Will you manage the list?
Sounds good!! I like the idea of rotating venues. Sunday afternoon is fine, we know how busy the roads can be around DMV during weekdays and some Saturdays too. Last Sunday of Feb will be the 22nd, maybe around 2 or 3pm. These are just suggestions and we can just keep bumping up this thread so we can check the development or the interest list here.
Old 01-19-15, 06:48 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Default Interest List

1) NovaRnder
2) SlvBullet
Old 01-19-15, 10:10 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by aym001
would be nice...sc and a family... who can fit in the back?
The SC is for me and wife, van is for family. The kids still fit in the SC though for shortish drives.
Old 01-20-15, 02:36 AM
Mujininzoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Definitely interested and support any venue arrangement. Saw 3 of us yesterday...2 at dealership and 1 in Falls Church, right off the beltway.
Old 01-20-15, 04:50 AM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Hooters! ;-)

I am interested as well! Live in Alexandria so anywhere in striking distance works. How about a Hooters restaurant? Or a sports bar? We will probably need to pick someplace with a nice open parking lot so we can look at each other's cars. Please PM so I can help coordinate a location.
Old 01-20-15, 07:16 AM
Bilque
Driver School Candidate

I'm interested although I cannot make the 2/22 meet. Driving up from the lower part of the state so an hour or 2 earlier would be better for future meets. That said, I'm comfortable with majority rule. Very excited and hoping there is at least a second meeting!
Old 01-20-15, 02:41 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Default Interest List

Originally Posted by LexBrett
I am interested as well! Live in Alexandria so anywhere in striking distance works. How about a Hooters restaurant? Or a sports bar? We will probably need to pick someplace with a nice open parking lot so we can look at each other's cars. Please PM so I can help coordinate a location.

yey! we got time to figure out where the venue can be... one thing for sure, we can take our time to get this going so no pressure to anybody right now we are just running the interest list, so far....

1)* NovaRnder
2)* SlvBullet
3)* Mujininzoo
4)* LexBrett
5)* Bilque
Old 01-20-15, 03:55 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexBrett
It might be distracting for looking at the cars with so many owls flying around - could make for good photo ops though.
Old 01-21-15, 08:48 PM
SrWilliams
Driver

I am in and can I be added to the list. I live in downtown DC and the proud owner of a 2002 SC 430.

Let me know
Old 01-22-15, 04:24 AM
NovaRnder
Driver

1)* NovaRnder
2)* SlvBullet
3)* Mujininzoo
4)* LexBrett
5)* Bilque
6)* SrWilliams
Old 01-22-15, 06:57 AM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If we go to a Hooters, we won't be distracted by owls but my guess is that we will be distracted by something else. In addition to our cars. Lol
Old 01-22-15, 10:19 AM
lexus7217
Driver School Candidate

I'm in! I live in dc too. Would be great to share tips etc and see the local SC collection.

Quick Reply: DMV (D.C. / Maryland / VA) members