SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

My wife's 07 Pebble Beach Edition

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-15, 08:43 AM
NovaRnder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My wife's 07 Pebble Beach Edition

Mama's baby! It's been almost 8 years since the first time she laid eyes on her in a local Lexus dealership's showroom, she was like "she is going home with us no matter what!" Now, she still looking like a showroom vehicle and with 53k miles on her and all we have replaced is the battery, run flat tires and brake pads and still running like a low maintenance mean machine!! Talked to my wife a couple of weeks ago about maybe it's time to freshen up and update some stuff on the vehicle which led me to this forum and opened up my eyes to a whole completely different world. I never knew that this vehicle was so much loved and thousands of followers are so eager to exchange knowledge about this car in this forum. This place is so awesome!! I'm like a little kid in a candy store right now. Any updates or mods that I will do to my wife's car now I know will be well tested before and proven so it will save me a whole lot of time. You guys are all great. I will continue to update this thread from what I've done to her car so please feel free to comment (bad or good), give tips or suggestions!! Thanks in advance...

Last edited by NovaRnder; 01-18-15 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-18-15, 09:22 AM
NovaRnder
Driver

Default what I have done so far...

I have debadged and plasti dipped front grille and the trunks' s main logo. I'm not really thrilled about the glossified black outcome and will probably redo it (spray over) with just matte black

next in line to do:

● matte black plasti dip the wheels
● paint brake calipers red with white Lexus vinyl logo
● install bluetooth connectivity for audio streaming
● install back up camera
● update DVD navigation with 14.1
● replace back up lights 7W Cree
● install set of alum pedals (gas, brake, parking brake & footrest)
● replace interior lights with LEDs

when all the above are done then if the budget allows we can start doing mods for the suspensions, exhaust and etc....

Last edited by NovaRnder; 01-18-15 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-18-15, 09:47 AM
Rob6656
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

Very pretty! :-)
Old 01-18-15, 12:50 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

thanks rob6656!

Originally Posted by mademedoit
Very nice, you have the best color combo for the desert where I live. Hard to improve the looks on it, just a though... remove the pebble beach logo on the fenders?
thought about it when I was debadging a couple of weeks ago... thanks for the input
Old 01-18-15, 01:02 PM
Autoplak
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mademedoit
Very nice, you have the best color combo for the desert where I live. Hard to improve the looks on it, just a though... remove the pebble beach logo on the fenders?
● matte black plasti dip the wheels
● paint brake calipers red with white Lexus vinyl logo
● install bluetooth connectivity for audio streaming
● install back up camera
● update DVD navigation with 13.1
● replace back up lights 7W Cree
● install set of alum pedals (gas, brake, parking brake & footrest)
● replace interior lights with LEDs

My recommendations;
Agree with the matte black over the gloss.
Your list is a great start.
Possibly more LED lighting conversions, especially in the cabin
Do not agree in removing the PB badging.
Old 01-18-15, 01:52 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Originally Posted by Autoplak
My recommendations;
Agree with the matte black over the gloss.
Your list is a great start.
Possibly more LED lighting conversions, especially in the cabin
Do not agree in removing the PB badging.
thanks for the input! had second thoughts on debadging the PB emblem that's why it's still staying on...

so far the vote is 1-1 tied up!
Old 01-18-15, 06:25 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Leave the PB markers The car is special
Old 01-18-15, 06:53 PM
250LexusIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested to know where you are at with that whole Timing Belt Replacement. 90 K or 6 years. Take me through your logic.

I have a very minty 04 with 33K. The thing looks brand new and have been tossing around the Timing Belt.
Mark
Old 01-18-15, 10:03 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Originally Posted by mrblister
Leave the PB markers The car is special
1-2 (stay on) count! thanks for the vote!
Old 01-18-15, 10:09 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Originally Posted by 250LexusIS
I am interested to know where you are at with that whole Timing Belt Replacement. 90 K or 6 years. Take me through your logic.

I have a very minty 04 with 33K. The thing looks brand new and have been tossing around the Timing Belt.
Mark
Hey Mark thanks for reminding me cause I completely forgot to mention it. My wife's cousin is a technician in a Toyota dealership and he offers his time and expertise to replace the timing belt, water pump & etc. on his free time. He just asks to go ahead and order the kit and just give him a heads up when the parts arrive. So I would say, my target date is probably to get this done before this year is over.
Old 01-19-15, 06:20 AM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NovaRnder
Any updates or mods that I will do to my wife's car now I know will be well tested before and proven so it will save me a whole lot of time. You guys are all great. I will continue to update this thread from what I've done to her car so please feel free to comment (bad or good), give tips or suggestions!! Thanks in advance...
My vote is to keep it completely stock and sell it to me......
Old 01-19-15, 06:35 AM
NovaRnder
Driver

Originally Posted by FLYCT
My vote is to keep it completely stock and sell it to me......
ha ha! When we bought this car brand new from a local Lexus dealership, we figured she's a keeper forever!! why? We paid so much money for her somewhere around 76k if I recall right, Lol!
Old 01-19-15, 06:47 AM
NovaRnder
Driver

Default the wheel look I want to achieve

this is an actual picture of a SC430 but had to photoshop the body color to a white (pardon the editing from my cell phone) but anyway, this is the "wheel look" I wanna achieve... I can see my rims achieving that by matte black plasti dipping them... now looking at those rotors, I might have to replace my stocks with those and should I keep my stock calipers and paint them red or might as well replace them too... ha ha so many stuff I can do, but have to take time so budget can permit! That's why right now, I want to this project section by section. Please post links what's the best rotor set I can get and should I replace the calipers too.

thanks in advance for the replies...
Old 01-19-15, 07:11 AM
mpezely
Driver

Originally Posted by 250LexusIS

Mark
Mark, I just did my wife's 06 with 50 k. The belt looked good but piece of mind was worth it for me. I ordered the belt/pump package from Sewells and had my indy install it. I paid about $750 part/labor. Sounds like your 04 is a real jewel and you plan on keeping it, easy decision in my book. Mike
Old 01-19-15, 07:25 AM
NovaRnder
Driver

Default Peace of Mind!!

Originally Posted by mpezely
Mark, I just did my wife's 06 with 50 k. The belt looked good but piece of mind was worth it for me. I ordered the belt/pump package from Sewells and had my indy install it. I paid about $750 part/labor. Sounds like your 04 is a real jewel and you plan on keeping it, easy decision in my book. Mike
Dead on! Not knowing what's going on in there so replacing it on schedule, needed or not just gives you peace of mind!

Quick Reply: My wife's 07 Pebble Beach Edition