SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

My wife's 07 Pebble Beach Edition

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-15, 04:19 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

The plate looks awesome for sure, especially with the matching pedals. Let me be the first to shed a little bit of sorrow on this subject though. I installed aluminum pedals from a similar ebay seller (via China) about 2 years ago. I feel that the quality is low in comparison to maybe a proven name brand. I would say that I feel that my pedals have slightly "oxidized." I've tried to polish them to get them their bright luster but no go. They are just starting to look a little "brown/stained" with time. I attribute it to subpar material. Price is good, but you always get what you pay for. Just something to keep in mind with using these type of aftermarket parts from China. Sorry for being Captain Buzzkill :-(
Old 03-30-15, 04:46 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
The plate looks awesome for sure, especially with the matching pedals. Let me be the first to shed a little bit of sorrow on this subject though. I installed aluminum pedals from a similar ebay seller (via China) about 2 years ago. I feel that the quality is low in comparison to maybe a proven name brand. I would say that I feel that my pedals have slightly "oxidized." I've tried to polish them to get them their bright luster but no go. They are just starting to look a little "brown/stained" with time. I attribute it to subpar material. Price is good, but you always get what you pay for. Just something to keep in mind with using these type of aftermarket parts from China. Sorry for being Captain Buzzkill :-(
ShawnOk, no worries.... kind of crossed my mind that they are too good for the price
Old 03-30-15, 08:59 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NovaRnder
found a TRD floor plate for you....

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...186859&alt=web
Thanks for that. I ordered two to put under the floor matts.
Old 03-31-15, 05:50 AM
NovaRnder
Driver

Default coin holders

this will make you guys chuckle, we bought this car brand new back in 2007 and I just found out the other day about the coin holders!!
Old 03-31-15, 06:25 AM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey Roy,
Just wanted to tell you that your car is gorgeous and looks even better in person. I can't believe how much of a difference the PB trim makes! The plastic dip wheels are amazing too. I may use the plastic dip on the blue portions of my cusco bar!
Old 03-31-15, 06:26 AM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

found a TRD floor plate for you....

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=311133186859&alt=web
Does anyone ever run these plates on both sides? I really like how they look!
Old 03-31-15, 07:57 AM
NovaRnder
Driver

Originally Posted by LexBrett
Hey Roy,
Just wanted to tell you that your car is gorgeous and looks even better in person. I can't believe how much of a difference the PB trim makes! The plastic dip wheels are amazing too. I may use the plastic dip on the blue portions of my cusco bar!
Thanks, my wife keeps a small broom in the car, Lol! I'm not kidding! that's why at the meet up the other day when I try to keep the driver's side door open I immediately saw the part of the broom hanging out of the door compartment so I closed the door right away...ooops!

being a garage kept all the time helps too

about the floor plate, I just installed a driver side one and I put it on top of the P.B. mat, I think it can protect your mat from ruining it overtime by putting hole on it from your left shoe and most of all I think it just adds a sporty look
Old 03-31-15, 10:32 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

this will make you guys chuckle, we bought this car brand new back in 2007 and I just found out the other day about the coin holders!!
Yes, a lot of us continue to find neat little features that the SC has that we didn't know about earlier. In fact, there was a thread a few years ago (started by JohnnyCake?) that discussed some of the features that we discovered after having the car for a while. It was an interesting thread (and popular also).
Old 03-31-15, 10:56 AM
NovaRnder
Driver

Originally Posted by Harold57
Yes, a lot of us continue to find neat little features that the SC has that we didn't know about earlier. In fact, there was a thread a few years ago (started by JohnnyCake?) that discussed some of the features that we discovered after having the car for a while. It was an interesting thread (and popular also).
oh wow, I will check that thread out! thanks Harold
Old 03-31-15, 04:35 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBrett
Hey Roy,
Dont do it! I entertained this idea for a while but then my vinyl wrap guy told me it's a bad idea. At high temps (like in the engine bay) PastiDip will bubble, melt, and run. Not a good idea.
Old 03-31-15, 04:57 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Yes that was funny - that little switch is like "what ever you do, don't move the little switch other than for emergencies!" Of course that was before SmartTag The PB plate is very cool and I never knew about the different headlights; The white pearl color is beautiful.
Old 03-31-15, 05:58 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Thanks SlvBullet... I remember when we went inside the Pohanka Lexus 8 years ago and when she saw our SC in the middle of the showroom, she was like "lipstick red interior and white exterior, gotta have it!!"

LexBrett, ShawnOk is right.... don't use plasti dip anywhere in the engine bay, it won't last...probably catch fire too!
Old 04-13-15, 05:54 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Default LexBrett and I worked on our SCs today

It's a beautiful day today in Virginia, high of 86! Lexbrett and I worked on our SCs. I drove to Lexbrett's to help each other out and he recommended for us to do the work in a park in Alexandria (for those of you guys Walking Dead followers, this is where they at right now in the series).

I replaced the spark plugs and battery, and also cleaned the MAF and throttle body (picture above) with the help of Lexbrett guidance.

Lexbrett's AC is not working. we found a leak and got it fixed by putting a newer O ring. He then recharge some freon (picture above). AC is still not working and that's when we saw the compressor not working until he found a connector not plugged in and yey! cold air finally in Lexbrett's SC. Would have been at least an 800 job from a dealership!!

A very productive day and my SCs cylinders are all humming in harmony. I can't even tell if the engine is on (yes that quiet). Also by replacing the battery which resets the ECU, it fixed an issue I've been having for the last two days which is the VSC light comes on every minute and the VSC engages (very annoying). Knock on wood!! Also I cleaned the engine bay for the very first time since we bought the car in 2007.

Lexbrett thanks again for the help and next time come out my way and we have a 2 car garage where we can work on our cars peacefully and not having to worry about getting visited by 2 cops and a park authority guy to kick us out, Ha Ha Ha!
Old 04-13-15, 06:30 PM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Buddy, was a great day working on our cars! I fixed my AC and you solved you VSC problem. I agree about using your garage next time. I'm not happy about being visited by 2 or 3 police cars and deputy dip **** for changing spark plugs..
Old 04-14-15, 08:22 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Great job guys. Your cars look great and you solved problems yourselves. Congrats.

Quick Reply: My wife's 07 Pebble Beach Edition