SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

My wife's 07 Pebble Beach Edition

Old 03-26-15, 01:39 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ebay got em all

Originally Posted by Slingshot1
I've been looking for pedals, looks great, where did you find them?
http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=271813166946&alt=web
Old 03-26-15, 01:40 PM
photalian
Driver School Candidate

Wow, excellent job, dude!! All on a budget, too... and DIY. I would love to see what the rims would look like with a red stripe around the outer border. Some red pinstriping maybe, and a steady hand... try it if you ever get bored with this murdered out wheel look. This looks awesome, though. I definitely like the calipers as well.
Old 03-26-15, 02:05 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Thanks Photalian!! Folks telling me why you keep upgrading the looks first before the ride and electronic mods. Yes I admit, kind of doing it the other way around but it keeps me motivated doing them in this order and at the same time I just keep monitoring the forum about the latest findings about my next mods which are electronics then the suspensions, yes in that order.

With the electronics, for now I decided just to order the main ingredient parts I need one by one (Naviks, VaisTech model SL3B, NAV software upgrade, license plate with back up camera) then probably just have Best Buy install them for me. The main thing for me is to keep the NAV screen but upgrade the software and hook up a back up camera and keep the factory radio as long as I have a bluetooth audio streaming available (Pandoraholic & SoundCloud addict).

With the suspensions, been listening and just reading update posts from Bacardi, LexBrett, SlvBullet and more. These guys are up to date with everything when it comes to SC430's suspensions. I will probably just keep ours simple and just get the sway bars and upgrade the links and bushings and hopefully that's it!!

P.S. Photalian, thanks for the red striping idea on the wheels, I wish you can post a picture of somebody who has done it before so I can examine it more.
Old 03-26-15, 02:58 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 408 Likes on 358 Posts

NovaRnder, won't that floor plate tear up your shoes?
Old 03-26-15, 03:48 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Originally Posted by Harold57
NovaRnder, won't that floor plate tear up your shoes?
Hmmm.... not that I know of, got them in my other vehicles too and no issues at all. The aluminum might be brushed but it has raised rubbers for grip which mainly what get in contact with your foot wear. The only issues I have is the aluminum part stains and dirt gets trapped in between the rubbers easily so really you are really installing it for the looks if you are into it.
Old 03-26-15, 10:26 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

...looking good.... I have the pedals, but had never saw the floor plate before
Old 03-27-15, 12:42 AM
Badhobz
Instructor

Received 554 Likes on 301 Posts

Ditto. I like the floor plates and the pedals. Same with the red calipers. Looks very sporty.
Old 03-28-15, 03:17 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 853 Likes on 686 Posts

Very nice looking addition with a professional looking install.
Old 03-28-15, 03:54 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Originally Posted by Bgw70
Very nice looking addition with a professional looking install.
Thanks Bgw70, hate sloppy job! If I can do it myself, I will find time.
Old 03-29-15, 06:09 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great to see your car in person today - great looking SC! I had never seen the floor plate so will look for the TRD version. I had never seen close up the different front lights on the Pebble Beach editions; very different!
Old 03-30-15, 06:29 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NovaRnder

Mama's baby! It's been almost 8 years since the first time she laid eyes on her in a local Lexus dealership's showroom, she was like "she is going home with us no matter what!" Now, she still looking like a showroom vehicle and with 53k miles on her and all we have replaced is the battery, run flat tires and brake pads and still running like a low maintenance mean machine!! Talked to my wife a couple of weeks ago about maybe it's time to freshen up and update some stuff on the vehicle which led me to this forum and opened up my eyes to a whole completely different world. I never knew that this vehicle was so much loved and thousands of followers are so eager to exchange knowledge about this car in this forum. This place is so awesome!! I'm like a little kid in a candy store right now. Any updates or mods that I will do to my wife's car now I know will be well tested before and proven so it will save me a whole lot of time. You guys are all great. I will continue to update this thread from what I've done to her car so please feel free to comment (bad or good), give tips or suggestions!! Thanks in advance...
Most BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Old 03-30-15, 06:37 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Great job, your SC is awesome!
Old 03-30-15, 06:39 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NovaRnder

I know why our 16 year old son pushing me to plasti dip the wheels and paint the brake calipers red. I think it looks too sporty and he said "dad, that's the perfect look I want for our SC so I can start driving it to school" Lol we just got angled!!
It's perfect for school, take it to the PROM
Old 03-30-15, 03:55 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Originally Posted by tromly
It's perfect for school, take it to the PROM
ha ha right tromly! his ride is not bad either, 2015 BMW X1 (blacked out) and dark tinted, perfect for prom!! Lol!
Old 03-30-15, 04:01 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
Great to see your car in person today - great looking SC! I had never seen the floor plate so will look for the TRD version. I had never seen close up the different front lights on the Pebble Beach editions; very different!
found a TRD floor plate for you....

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=311133186859&alt=web

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My wife's 07 Pebble Beach Edition