SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

had the car for two weeks and need some help

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-15, 12:42 PM
aym001
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default had the car for two weeks and need some help

i had my car for 2 weeks and have done a few mods: catback exhaust, air box mod with kn filter, coilovers, rims, bluetooth, and jail broke navi to play dvds, custom painted headlights...now i want to do something about those ugly bumper lights..Does anyone know where i can get some smoked or clear ones? thanks
Old 01-13-15, 08:35 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

How do you jail brake the nav to play dvds?
Old 01-13-15, 08:36 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Seems like you're already putting in lots of work! Can you please explain what you mean by "jail broke navi to play DVDs"? As for the side marker lights, you can black them out (using vinyl tint or NiteShades spray), or there's clearcorners dot com, and the threads below in which a few members (including myself) created custom clear side markers.... As for the law, depends on your area on whether or not clear/black/nonDOT side markers are permitted.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ml#post8764714
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ml#post8267809

PS. Throw up some photos and show us your ride!

Last edited by ShawnOk; 01-13-15 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-14-15, 02:53 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

I suspect that he means that he removed the limitations to the current set up that only drives the NAV screen with the GPS and can now drive it with different DVDs.
Old 01-14-15, 09:11 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Harold57
I suspect that he means that he removed the limitations to the current set up that only drives the NAV screen with the GPS and can now drive it with different DVDs.
Well that's what I"m wondering. So any normal DVD will play in the OEM player? I was told that was impossible and thus why NAVTOOL and NAVIKS become the leading option. In any case, would love to hear what the OP meant by "jailbreaking," and how it was accomplished.
Old 01-15-15, 11:54 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Well that's what I"m wondering. So any normal DVD will play in the OEM player? I was told that was impossible and thus why NAVTOOL and NAVIKS become the leading option. In any case, would love to hear what the OP meant by "jailbreaking," and how it was accomplished.
I am very curious my self. I cant see how it could work.
Old 01-19-15, 04:01 PM
aym001
Driver School Candidate

Default sorry for the delay

Thanks for the insight on the lights.. I guess I'm going to smoke them out whenever I get my lip and front bumper painted. Im going ahead and have the shop smoke mu tailights and all my bumper lights...not to dark just give them a little tint.

Jail broken...I got my navi screen playing dvd not the navigation unit itself in the trunk...I have to use a portable dvd. I used a "mil-btrec" for bluetooth. It only cost $30.00 and pretty easy to install.

This is the only pic i have...i cant keep my wife out of it long enough . but this is when I first got the car and had the coilovers and 20's installed
Attached Thumbnails had the car for two weeks and need some help-img_0152.jpg  
Old 01-19-15, 07:50 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aym001
Thanks for the insight on the lights.. I guess I'm going to smoke them out whenever I get my lip and front bumper painted. Im going ahead and have the shop smoke mu tailights and all my bumper lights...not to dark just give them a little tint.

Jail broken...I got my navi screen playing dvd not the navigation unit itself in the trunk...I have to use a portable dvd. I used a "mil-btrec" for bluetooth. It only cost $30.00 and pretty easy to install.

This is the only pic i have...i cant keep my wife out of it long enough . but this is when I first got the car and had the coilovers and 20's installed
So by "jailbroken" you mean you dropped the OEM navigation and just jumped a DVD player in the trunk to the OEM wire harness, right? You basically removed the OEM SC430 navigation capability, right?
Old 01-22-15, 05:48 AM
aym001
Driver School Candidate

No my navi still works I just flip a switch and it goes from dvd to navi. I keep portable dvd in the center console
Old 01-22-15, 06:02 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

No my navi still works I just flip a switch and it goes from dvd to navi. I keep portable dvd in the center console
I think what everyone wants to know is how were you able to plug in this mil brick into the oem radio. . The sc430 does not have any rca inputs or out puts . That is why we install the navitool or other device . What device did you use to give you rca inputs ??
Old 01-24-15, 09:20 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That is amazing!
Old 02-05-15, 04:08 AM
aym001
Driver School Candidate

Default update

So i finally got my lip in and drop the car at the shop. I picked it yesterday and I must say I am pleased of the out come....the bumper did have a reaction and the shop agreed to repaint it but I told them later..I want my wife to drive it with the lip so if she bangs it it will get fix for free.
Attached Thumbnails had the car for two weeks and need some help-img_0216.jpg   had the car for two weeks and need some help-img_0218.jpg   had the car for two weeks and need some help-img_0219.jpg   had the car for two weeks and need some help-img_0217.jpg   had the car for two weeks and need some help-img_0215.jpg  

Old 02-07-15, 07:38 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

So i finally got my lip in and drop the car at the shop. I picked it yesterday and I must say I am pleased of the out come....the bumper did have a reaction and the shop agreed to repaint it but I told them later..I want my wife to drive it with the lip so if she bangs it it will get fix for free.
...looking good !!!...what part of Louisiana are you located in ?
Old 02-08-15, 12:00 AM
gripau1
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

SC430 looks great, which coilovers did you installed? What size are the rims and tyres?

BTW - sorry to ask but what is the meaning of the pretzel rope thingy hanging on your rear vision mirror? Its is a membership thing or modern day version of a fuzzy dice. I've only seen it in America.
Old 02-08-15, 03:45 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by texsexlex
...looking good !!!...what part of Louisiana are you located in ?
It looks like he is in Shreveport, the ArkLaTex!!!

Quick Reply: had the car for two weeks and need some help