SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Let's just hope she wasn't a Club Lexus member!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-15, 01:09 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rapyoke
Some folks will never turn down an opportunity to armchair quarterback and criticize the police.

She was nearly doubling the speed limit while completely drugged out, and drove away when he asked her to step out of the car for a sobriety test. He instinctively reached in to protect other drivers from this woman by trying to grab the keys from the ignition, but was too slow to the draw. The officer identified a threat to public safety and reacted appropriately. The woman would've sped away regardless of whether or not he reached into the car.
Lol ok tell me this, what type of reaction do you expect from someone out of there mind (according to what you guys say)

I know shes wrong and I have said that, but dealing with someone like that means be prepared, he asked her to step out .. she didnt. then what? he could have tried to keep her calm until backup shows and blocks the vehicle.

anyways.. a pointless discussion because its just he couldve or she couldve.... but ya not in reference to this situation, in general you will find there are sometimes good people that run into bad cops, and bad people who run into good cops.. stuff happens.. and im sure anyone would be mad to have someone like that in front of them and try not to let them slip away.

im glad shes caught and not shot, looks like there is plenty of officers taking care of it

@ TMF - now thats a good reply thnx

Last edited by 416tt; 01-21-15 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-21-15, 05:21 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Originally Posted by bimmer416
lol if you pay attention, no where have a mentioned that shes innocent. My first comment was in regards to someone mentioning she should be shot dead..I think we have a system to deal with offenders and not shoot them so yeah we should follow the civilized rules we come up with.
and my comments are obtuse?

Second, the stuff you have mentioned regarding her record, im even more surprised that the officer did what he did when im sure he sees most of that on his system. I mean trying to reason/force with someone whos brain is not functioning? Ill say it again. Should have called backup. Maybe have a cruiser block her way and not try and reach inside someones car. As we can see what happens when you do so, specially with someone out of there mind. at the end of the day im not criticizing but I can be right about one thing, some people in an authorotative position think they can handle things themselves, i feel bad that his daughter had to see him get hurt, that shoulder will never remain the same.

last comment is in regards to people not making dumb decisions like her and drinking driving/etc... and realizing whats important in life.

best to always ask before coming to a conclusion.

You're wrong! It was never said that she 'should have be shot dead'. I said; "If the officer could have somehow gotten his gun he would have had the right to shoot her DEAD..." Big difference!

Originally Posted by bclexus
If the officer could have somehow gotten his gun he would have had the right to shoot her DEAD... The driver is very lucky! Hope they put her in prison and take her driving privileges for life. You do NOT ever run from the cops. EVER!!!
Old 01-22-15, 10:16 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

lol @ "he had the right to shoot her dead", thats just nonsense.

he should have never tried to reach into the car to get the keys, i mean its hard to do when your stationary lol. after he pulled the handle and saw that she was going to pull away, he should have proceeded back to his cruiser to prepare for pursuit.
Old 01-22-15, 10:25 AM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
You're wrong! It was never said that she 'should have be shot dead'. I said; "If the officer could have somehow gotten his gun he would have had the right to shoot her DEAD..." Big difference!
LOOOOOLLLLL No actually YOUR WRONG! if you go to my first post, it simply said " i dont think anyone has the right to make a decision on someones life" so the point is,regardless of if he could get his gun or not, he doesn't have the right to shoot her specially because she didn't pull a weapon on him, but yes she does need to get arrested because what shes doing is dangerous and stupid, at the end I would only say he would have a right, if she pulled a weapon on him but she didn't she was just trying to run, so not sure what your trying to get at but your fighting my opinion of violence being wrong.

we are quite lucky to live in North America, lets keep it civilized. There are many places out there that wished they had proper rules/regulations.

but if it makes you feel better, you win sir!!
Old 01-22-15, 01:27 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Originally Posted by bimmer416
LOOOOOLLLLL No actually YOUR WRONG! if you go to my first post, it simply said " i dont think anyone has the right to make a decision on someones life" so the point is,regardless of if he could get his gun or not, he doesn't have the right to shoot her specially because she didn't pull a weapon on him, but yes she does need to get arrested because what shes doing is dangerous and stupid, at the end I would only say he would have a right, if she pulled a weapon on him but she didn't she was just trying to run, so not sure what your trying to get at but your fighting my opinion of violence being wrong.

we are quite lucky to live in North America, lets keep it civilized. There are many places out there that wished they had proper rules/regulations.

but if it makes you feel better, you win sir!!
Wrong once again! You can LOL all you want. You are still wrong...

When the driver raced away dragging the officer (regardless whether the officer 'should have' tried to get her keys or even jump on her hood) she put the officer's life in danger, which absolutely without any doubt whatsoever gave the officer the lawful right to shoot her DEAD. It would be looked at exactly the same as if the driver was purposely trying to run over the officer with her car - shoot him with a gun or stab him with a knife. That car was in her control and it was without any doubt a deadly weapon. Period.
Old 01-22-15, 01:36 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Enough guys. Please don't let this spill over into future threads