SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Let's just hope she wasn't a Club Lexus member!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-15, 07:05 PM
Caseoane
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Let's just hope she wasn't a Club Lexus member!!

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/08/f...-suspect-video
Old 01-08-15, 07:30 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

hmm.. she seems to have pretty good driving skills for someone under influence? she braked and dodged the car perfectly..

i don't think its smart to reach inside someones car. Should have just followed her, for all you know she could've dragged him much much further..

unfortunate to know that these things happen!
Old 01-08-15, 08:18 PM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

you are correct bimmer he should have never reach inside the car.
Old 01-08-15, 08:35 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow! I was very pleased to see how many people stopped to help

Polce officers and Firemen deserve all the support then can get - it's a tough job!
Old 01-09-15, 03:32 AM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

thank you slvbullet
Old 01-09-15, 05:07 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

With no one rendering help (at the time), the guy in the pickup truck takes off and follows the woman? What's up with that?!? You'd think the first reaction would be to help the fallen officer.

Prayers for a speedy recovery.
Old 01-09-15, 11:01 AM
Moonstruck
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I can't immagin being an officer. It has to be one of the toughest jobs around. My respect for what they do on a day to day basic is awsum.
Old 01-09-15, 11:02 AM
photalian
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like she ran over his toe... at the most. Still sucks. Poor guy. Too many kids growing up on GTA lol #thuglife
Old 01-09-15, 01:45 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,414 Posts

If the officer could have somehow gotten his gun he would have had the right to shoot her DEAD... The driver is very lucky! Hope they put her in prison and take her driving privileges for life. You do NOT ever run from the cops. EVER!!!
Old 01-09-15, 05:13 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

I don't think anyone has the right to make any kind of decision on anyones life, regardless if there a cop, a doctor, or the queen..

he didn't need to reach inside her car, he could have followed her, he could have called backup as well. What he did there is not only risk his life, but risked the life of other people, if she hit that car turning, the sc being almost 4000lbs with its performance, im sure that would have been a death .. imagine it had a baby in there. and yes i have thought about the other side of it, her driving in general could have probably harmed someone.. i know., but Im sure cops are trained to bring vehicles to a stop with the help of backup/other police cruisers.. and that way atleast the cop would know that he was not the start of something wild.

Doesn't matter who you are or where your from, or what your job is. No one is above anyone. She didn't do the right thing obviously but having the role he had, I think he should have been smarter.

hope the world calms down and everyone learns to realize whats important in life.
Old 01-18-15, 01:43 PM
rapyoke
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bimmer416
I don't think anyone has the right to make any kind of decision on anyones life, regardless if there a cop, a doctor, or the queen..

he didn't need to reach inside her car, he could have followed her, he could have called backup as well. What he did there is not only risk his life, but risked the life of other people, if she hit that car turning, the sc being almost 4000lbs with its performance, im sure that would have been a death .. imagine it had a baby in there. and yes i have thought about the other side of it, her driving in general could have probably harmed someone.. i know., but Im sure cops are trained to bring vehicles to a stop with the help of backup/other police cruisers.. and that way atleast the cop would know that he was not the start of something wild.

Doesn't matter who you are or where your from, or what your job is. No one is above anyone. She didn't do the right thing obviously but having the role he had, I think he should have been smarter.

hope the world calms down and everyone learns to realize whats important in life.
Some folks will never turn down an opportunity to armchair quarterback and criticize the police.

She was nearly doubling the speed limit while completely drugged out, and drove away when he asked her to step out of the car for a sobriety test. He instinctively reached in to protect other drivers from this woman by trying to grab the keys from the ignition, but was too slow to the draw. The officer identified a threat to public safety and reacted appropriately. The woman would've sped away regardless of whether or not he reached into the car.
Old 01-18-15, 02:41 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Amy Giorgio, 30 - Mugshot: She has now been charged with multiple offenses

Reference

Last edited by bclexus; 01-18-15 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-18-15, 02:49 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bimmer416

What an obtuse bunch of comments!

Yeah, it was just a tiny misunderstanding. Let's see now - speeding, failure to obey an officer's command, hit-and-run, driving under the influence, and drug possession.

Giorgio was previously scheduled for a Jan. 20 trial on charges of possession of cocaine, possession of drug equipment and driving under the influence. She has numerous prior arrests for drug offenses, according to jail records, as well as active warrants in two counties. No big deal, right?

Last edited by bclexus; 01-18-15 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-21-15, 12:53 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bclexus
What an obtuse bunch of comments!

Yeah, it was just a tiny misunderstanding. Let's see now - speeding, failure to obey an officer's command, hit-and-run, driving under the influence, and drug possession.

Giorgio was previously scheduled for a Jan. 20 trial on charges of possession of cocaine, possession of drug equipment and driving under the influence. She has numerous prior arrests for drug offenses, according to jail records, as well as active warrants in two counties. No big deal, right?

lol if you pay attention, no where have a mentioned that shes innocent. My first comment was in regards to someone mentioning she should be shot dead..I think we have a system to deal with offenders and not shoot them so yeah we should follow the civilized rules we come up with.
and my comments are obtuse?

Second, the stuff you have mentioned regarding her record, im even more surprised that the officer did what he did when im sure he sees most of that on his system. I mean trying to reason/force with someone whos brain is not functioning? Ill say it again. Should have called backup. Maybe have a cruiser block her way and not try and reach inside someones car. As we can see what happens when you do so, specially with someone out of there mind. at the end of the day im not criticizing but I can be right about one thing, some people in an authorotative position think they can handle things themselves, i feel bad that his daughter had to see him get hurt, that shoulder will never remain the same.

last comment is in regards to people not making dumb decisions like her and drinking driving/etc... and realizing whats important in life.

best to always ask before coming to a conclusion.

Last edited by 416tt; 01-21-15 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-21-15, 01:08 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

well I think the important thing here is that they caught her and she will serve time for crimes committed.

Quick Reply: Let's just hope she wasn't a Club Lexus member!!