SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Mod Binge- Cusco Bar too?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-15, 04:28 AM
rudyH
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mademedoit
Eric the car guy does the ghetto frame test. Talk about a monumental task for stiffness. On such a crap car to, but still makes for a good educational vid... Installing Frame Connectors Ford Fox Body -EricTheCarGuy - YouTube
All of his twisting is happening on the axis of the vehicle. He's essential built a torsion bar down the centerline. The perimeter needs gussets. Also, he needs to have at lest 2 points of triangulation across the chassis. When in doubt, triangulate. The Fairmont was a great car for it's time! I rented a wagon Defoe a few weeks on business and it was a light, quiet smooth car. I grade cars on a curve for the time period they were built in and in it's day, it was decent enough. Watch this commercial and tell me you wouldn't trade your LFA for one right now if you could!
Old 04-17-15, 03:58 PM
rudyH
Pole Position

I'm too young to ever consider that car, I look at it and think about death from a 45 mph accident. The oldest cars I like are the celica supra's that I remember seeing when I was a kid. Found this cool commercial for you...
1985 Toyota Supra Commercial (Dan Gurney) - YouTube

I think you are right about him building a torsion bar down the center. I was hoping it would work out better for Eric. I posted the vid before I finished watching it. And just look at the tires on the car, how could you even judge handling with those tires lol.
My brother had a red Supra like that. It was very fun and unbelievably reliable. I think he had it 4 or 5 years and in all honesty, I can't remember it ever having any problems. I think the RC has a lot of Supra values in it although unintentionally I'm sure. I'l also sure that no car from that era can hold a candle to any RC.
Old 04-17-15, 06:48 PM
rudyH
Pole Position

Did you get to experience all the "Luxury" inside lol.

And yea I like that new RC but think the mk4 supra looks better, minus the old style headlights of the era. I like the targa the best.
No I can't remember anything about the car. It was a long time ago. Nice seats as I recall.