SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Mod Binge- Cusco Bar too?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-15, 11:49 AM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

roy
you will be happy with the bar. the only thing is you may have to wait up to 3 months to get it.
Old 03-31-15, 01:52 PM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Bilque
Roy - are you talking about the Cusco 188 540 A UZZ40 bar? If so, I ordered mine from FRSport.com. Roughly $180 + free shipping and I had it within a week.

My only dealing with this company but they were very professional and helpful on the phone.
I paid about the same, $180ish and had it within 3 days after order confirmation. Start to finish was about 2 weeks.

With this amount it was a no brainer. A long time ago, we could not confirm which strut bar to use.

Just for looks, it was well worth it.
Old 03-31-15, 05:20 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carbing Bar

I made up my mind, I decided to go with Carbing and just placed my order. It's like 247 for the item and almost 24 bucks for shipping.
Old 03-31-15, 09:52 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Just a thought. I was under the impression with the carbing bar you'd have to permanently remove the engine cover. Correct?
Old 04-01-15, 02:32 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

no luck! the website took my order like they have it in stock.... the next day I got a call from them that the item requires a special order from Japan and may take up to 3 months... Bacardi is right, 3 months.... told the customer service that we could have saved time, phone calls and cancelling the order and not to mention refunding if they just easily tweak the order and shipping time on their website for this item
Old 04-01-15, 05:10 PM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

nova
just do what I did an wait you will get it quicker. up to 3 months worth the wait.
Old 04-03-15, 09:15 AM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do a search in the japanese google or write Nungen - you might be able to get it faster by ordering directly from Japan. Often a lot of the delay is because the suppliers consildate their parts needs and shipma container via maritime shipping. Then they don't sharge you much for shipping from Japan only the domestic shipping. If you order from Japan you pay the corresponding shipping wich may be about $100 ... I have ordered much of my stuff directly from Japan. I can't read Japanese but names like Cusco or Carbing ate thpically writeen in Roman characters and part numbers and prices are understandable.
Old 04-03-15, 09:54 AM
rudyH
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The port of LA has been under a work stoppage/slowdown for a few months that has just recently been settled. There is a huge backup and you can see a huge number of ships still waiting to be unloaded. A lot of stuff from Asia comes in this way. My Cusco bar is on an estimated 3 week back order.
Old 04-03-15, 05:53 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

yep no luck here... while waiting for my Carbing refund which may take 3-4 days from Paypal, I could not wait and placed an order of Cusco bar from FRSport then got an email from them the next day and frustratedly reading it.... same malfunction, different vendor ---> they take your payment then the following day they tell you they don't have it in stock and this time you wanna wait 10 weeks or cancel the order and wait for another refund which will take 3-4 days with PayPal
Old 04-03-15, 07:20 PM
rudyH
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NovaRnder
yep no luck here... while waiting for my Carbing refund which may take 3-4 days from Paypal, I could not wait and placed an order of Cusco bar from FRSport then got an email from them the next day and frustratedly reading it.... same malfunction, different vendor ---> they take your payment then the following day they tell you they don't have it in stock and this time you wanna wait 10 weeks or cancel the order and wait for another refund which will take 3-4 days with PayPal
That's where I bought mine too. They're located close to me. Some places have relatively inefficient web order systems that don't count inventory. Unless you can find someone that has them in stock I don't see any options. The three weeks will pass quickly. I'm not sure how firm the delivery time is. Maybe it'll come early!
Old 04-03-15, 07:35 PM
tennman117
Pit Crew

Received 69 Likes on 34 Posts

I ordered mine from FRSports in January and received in March, Card was not charged until order shipped.
Old 04-03-15, 07:45 PM
rudyH
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tennman117
I ordered mine from FRSports in January and received in March, Card was not charged until order shipped.
Good info. The seem like very honest guys. They have no control over how long it takes Cusco to ship or how long it takes to get here. They were very helpful and honest on the phone.
Old 04-03-15, 08:36 PM
bb430
Lead Lap

NovaRnder, I can safely say for all of us that have STB(Cusco or Carbing) we have all waited for 1 to 3 weeks time to receive the order and we probably have prepaid for it too. I doubt any vender you come across would have one in stock since our cars are not high production vehicle and since 2010 have been discontinued. Our cars are lacking in lots of aftermarket items because of these reasons. I would just bear with it, order, pray and wait for it to come early as possible.
Old 04-04-15, 05:55 AM
rudyH
Pole Position

Something interesting (I think) to watch while we wait for our bars to show up. Under 8 minutes and it's subtitled. you have been warned! Apologies if it's been posted elsewhere on the forum.
Old 04-04-15, 08:13 AM
NovaRnder
Driver

ha ha rudyH, just watched the video... all I can say is Masami had me with herro!!

BTW, about ordering the bars, in a way I'm kind of glad to know that both Carbing and Cuzco requires special ordering meaning waiting for quite some time to get it. This means the items are on demand and probably working the way they are supposed to. My only gripes is the way they handle your order when the item is out of stock. Maybe ask customer first if they still want to pursue the order and wait 8-10 weeks or not placed the order totally and not charge your credit card yet (PayPal in my case). Now I have two pending refunds from PayPal ($273 - Carbing & $180 - Cuzco) that might take 3-4 days. Don't they know?? just like what this thread is titled to, I'm in a mod binge mode right now!! Gotta spend spend spend before wifey sees it!! That's the reason I'm using PayPal, she can't check it... Ha Ha Peace!!

Quick Reply: Mod Binge- Cusco Bar too?