SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC430 New owner, intro and build thread.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-15, 10:26 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Radiator leaking.

Wow, so the one thing that I crossed off the list was a new radiator. Big mistake, I popped my hood today to run a power wire and I noticed pink dried splatter. On inspection found the radiator is seeping coolant from one corner. Checked the coolant level and was a little low. Now I need to find a radiator. Oh well it could have been worse I guess. So do you guys think its worth getting an all aluminium Koyo or mishimoto radiator? I don't really plan on boosting the car nor do I drive it hard. Suggestions?

Last edited by kuWuPt; 02-12-15 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-12-15, 12:26 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Ordered a new Lexus radiator along with new cap, coolant, upper and lower hoses. Hopefully should be here Monday.

Last edited by kuWuPt; 02-12-15 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-17-15, 08:26 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Default Radiator & hoses, Sway bar upgrade and end links changed.

Got snowed in today so got a chance to work on the car. Radiator, hoses, radiator cap and new coolant came in on Saturday. Pretty uneventful, replaced the radiator and hoses, checked to make sure the system was holding a vacuum and refilled it with coolant.

While I had the under cover out I went ahead and changed my oil out as well went with a bigger oil filter Amsoil EaO42 and filled it with Amsoil 0W30.

Finally did the sway bar upgrade as well this is all the parts I used.
ISF sway bar - 48812‐30400
Figs rear polyurethane sway bar bushings - IS300_BSH_SW_RR‐SP2817K
Moog rear sway bar end links - K750288 x 2

Also did the front endlinks:
Moog front right strut bar end link - K90679
Moog front left strut bar end link - K90675

The rear sway bar bushings are held in by the SC430 stock bushings holder. The figs bushings fit in there without any issues. I haven't had a chance to really take it out for a spin and really test it out but just driving it normally I can tell a big difference. Felt sturdier, more in control!! I can't wait for the snow to melt and can actually take it out for a drive!
Old 02-28-15, 09:08 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Default Ride height sensor install.

I want to thank WIL44 for his thread on his install it helped me plan things out a lot. His pics were worth a thousand words, so want to thank you for taking the time to document your install.
His thread if anyone else wants to check it out.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...pension-4.html

I haven't had as much time to work on this as much as I would want to. My suspension components have been sitting here for about a month now. Had some time to install the ride height sensors. The ride height sensors for the ridetech system is a little bigger than the one for the accuair system but same concept, just had to make sure there were no issues with the wheel or suspension arms etc getting in the way. I haven't test fitted my wheels on but I did take measurements etc of it and based off of it I'm fairly certain everything will clear, or hopefully will <fingers crossedd> .

Everything is mounted and the lining was trimmed so it doesn't get in the way.

Was in a rush and didn't get a chance to take any pics of the front sensors installed but hopefully sometime next week I'll be able to install my suspensions and I'll take it then.

My front bags, took it apart to add a little anti seize to the threads just to be on the safe side.

Last edited by kuWuPt; 03-01-15 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-01-15, 10:39 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

KuWuPt, in your photos where you've trimmed the fender lining... Is that the location of the OEM Front Left Ride Height Sensor? Could you please post a pic of it's location specifically identified. Mine has failed and I am planning to replace on my own but have a hard time locating the item in the schematics and how to get to it. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks and great job!
Old 03-01-15, 11:54 AM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by kuWuPt
I want to thank WIL44 for his thread on his install it helped me plan things out a lot. His pics were worth a thousand words, so want to thank you for taking the time to document your install.
His thread if anyone else wants to check it out.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...pension-4.html

I haven't had as much time to work on this as much as I would want to. My suspension components have been sitting here for about a month now. Had some time to install the ride height sensors. The ride height sensors for the ridetech system is a little bigger than the one for the accuair system but same concept, just had to make sure there were no issues with the wheel or suspension arms etc getting in the way. I haven't test fitted my wheels on but I did take measurements etc of it and based off of it I'm fairly certain everything will clear, or hopefully will <fingers crossedd> .

Everything is mounted and the lining was trimmed so it doesn't get in the way.

Was in a rush and didn't get a chance to take any pics of the front sensors installed but hopefully sometime next week I'll be able to install my suspensions and I'll take it then.

My front bags, took it apart to add a little anti seize to the threads just to be on the safe side.
Thanks for the thanks kuWuPt, glad it was useful. I seems so long ago that I installed mine!!

I like the look of your bags. Please let us know how it all works out and if you want any more pics, just ask.

Cheers
Steve
Old 03-01-15, 12:11 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
KuWuPt, in your photos where you've trimmed the fender lining... Is that the location of the OEM Front Left Ride Height Sensor? Could you please post a pic of it's location specifically identified. Mine has failed and I am planning to replace on my own but have a hard time locating the item in te schematics and how to get to it. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks and great job!
Shawn, the pic is of the right rear. Below is a pic of the level sensor. This is not my pic nor is it on an sc430, it is from an LS430 but they have the same part and similar location. If you turn your wheel all the way to the left you can see the left front level sensor. Circled in red is the level sensor.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-01-15, 12:15 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Originally Posted by WIL44
Thanks for the thanks kuWuPt, glad it was useful. I seems so long ago that I installed mine!!

I like the look of your bags. Please let us know how it all works out and if you want any more pics, just ask.

Cheers
Steve
Appreciate it Steve, will let you know if I'm in need of any pics. The bags are double bellows up front and single in the back. I'll update this thread once everything is installed. Thanks again.
Old 03-01-15, 12:30 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

Thanks Harold. Right tools make all the difference in the world. Couldn't have done it without help really. I sit in front of a computer all day, without knowing I had friends to call if I mess up or need assistance I would've never tackled all this.
Hey, I did the motor mount job today but only changed the drivers (left) side because I had too much trouble with one bolt on the passenger (right) side.

By chance did you have a bolt, of the four block bolts that was difficult to put a socket on?

If so, please tell me what you did to work around the issue!
Old 03-01-15, 01:00 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bgw70
Hey, I did the motor mount job today but only changed the drivers (left) side because I had too much trouble with one bolt on the passenger (right) side.

By chance did you have a bolt, of the four block bolts that was difficult to put a socket on?

If so, please tell me what you did to work around the issue!
I think it was the top bolt towards the front that I had an issue with..but yeah definitely one bolt that needed a little macgyvering to get the bolt out. Used a short swivel socket with an extension and then another swivel to the extension to the ratchet (short swivel socket > extension > swivel > ratchet) just to get the angle right to get the socket on to the bolt. Don't have any pics but hope you get the idea.

Last edited by kuWuPt; 03-01-15 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-01-15, 01:39 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

I think it was the top bolt towards the front that I had an issue with..but yeah definitely one bolt that needed a little macgyvering to get the bolt out. Used a short swivel socket with an extension and then another swivel to the extension to the ratchet (short swivel socket > extension > swivel > ratchet) just to get the angle right to get the socket on to the bolt. Don't have any pics but hope you get the idea.
Yep, I understand what you are saying...I was using a universal and it was interfering with the metal. Tried Drimmel in the metal but it was not enough. I will either pick up some swivel sockets or take it down to a shop. I hate to do that but the job really bummed me out today...

BTW, I had your excellent photos up as my reference!

GO KESLOWSKI...#2 car!
Old 03-01-15, 01:53 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bgw70
Yep, I understand what you are saying...I was using a universal and it was interfering with the metal. Tried Drimmel in the metal but it was not enough. I will either pick up some swivel sockets or take it down to a shop. I hate to do that but the job really bummed me out today...

BTW, I had your excellent photos up as my reference!

GO KESLOWSKI...#2 car!
Trust me I've been there, at times I get frustrated to a point where I just want to pay someone to do it but sometimes walking away and coming back to it with a clear mind helps. I've also spent more on tools at times than the cost of labor but it's all worth it in the end though. Glad my pics helped.. good luck bud..
Old 03-22-15, 08:15 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Default Air Ride Install

Over the week I got some time to finally install my air ride suspensions. I wanted to try a couple of different things so did the install at D2. Was trying to do it after work so took two days just because I wanted to try some new different bags that we were testing along with different length collars etc. Happy to say that everything is on and works AWESOME!! When the car is raised to stock ride height it drives beautifully, even lowered it drives amazing. Just waiting on a couple of pieces from ridetech to complete everything. But been driving it for the past two days and I'm very happy.

All the wiring, lines, valve body, ecu etc in the trunk..

Rear bag setup with ride height sensors...

Front bag setup with ride height sensors..

How the car sits aired out..

Now just need to put my wheels on, alignment, get the fenders rolled and go from there.

Last edited by kuWuPt; 04-13-15 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-23-15, 02:38 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Sweet! Enjoy. It is top down season!
Old 03-24-15, 01:19 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts

Looking great kuWuPt, nice job.
May I ask what make and model are your struts/shocks and what bags are you using?

Cheers
Steve

Quick Reply: SC430 New owner, intro and build thread.