SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

On Headlight Upgrade Did Something Dumb

Old 12-25-14, 01:39 PM
SrWilliams
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On Headlight Upgrade Did Something Dumb

Well in trying to upgrade my 2002 headlights to 06+ I went ahead and purchased the used lights off eBay and then got rid of my old lights (sold them really cheap). Did all of this before reding everything I needed to do the upgrade, only to find out that there are parts off of my old lights that I needed.

I have read all of the old posts on this upgrade to the point that I have confused myself. From what I read I will need the pre 06 headlight leveling motor---or some say the AVS With, while some say the headlight switch. Are these all one and the same thing because the threads refer to them all differently. So I am confused.

The bottom line is that I will now have to go and try to purchase the pre 06 parts I will need to make this conversion work. Will someone please step in and let me know decisively what part I will need to get (I do believe it is the leveling motor--but I am not sure)

Also, I read in the old threads where guys did the turn signal mod where others screwed the bulb in with a little adhesion. Can someone tell me what to get so was to do the turn signal the right way since i am doing the headlight mod as it is

Sorry guys I really did do my research on this only to late and only to the point of confusing myself
Old 12-25-14, 03:38 PM
DarthSid
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SrWilliams
Well in trying to upgrade my 2002 headlights to 06+ I went ahead and purchased the used lights off eBay and then got rid of my old lights (sold them really cheap). Did all of this before reding everything I needed to do the upgrade, only to find out that there are parts off of my old lights that I needed.

I have read all of the old posts on this upgrade to the point that I have confused myself. From what I read I will need the pre 06 headlight leveling motor---or some say the AVS With, while some say the headlight switch. Are these all one and the same thing because the threads refer to them all differently. So I am confused.

The bottom line is that I will now have to go and try to purchase the pre 06 parts I will need to make this conversion work. Will someone please step in and let me know decisively what part I will need to get (I do believe it is the leveling motor--but I am not sure)

Also, I read in the old threads where guys did the turn signal mod where others screwed the bulb in with a little adhesion. Can someone tell me what to get so was to do the turn signal the right way since i am doing the headlight mod as it is

Sorry guys I really did do my research on this only to late and only to the point of confusing myself
Try this link.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-and-tips.html