SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Fender-Bender, your opinion....

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-14, 09:53 PM
Prasha
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Fender-Bender, your opinion....

I hit the Garage frame. I can live with touch up paint on the bumper. Is it difficult to pull the fender and snap on? Anyone has a diagram of the fitment?
Attached Thumbnails Fender-Bender, your opinion....-fender6.jpg  
Old 12-17-14, 07:26 AM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi,

sorry to see that! Your best bet is NOT to do anything yourself!!! on the fender that is!

find a paintless dent repair guy and they may be able to bring that out for your as evenly as possibly without you needing to paint it.. From the type of stuff I have seen done by those guys, that looks quite easy and accessible as well, after the bumper is off..

Goodluck
Old 12-17-14, 09:00 AM
DarthSid
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bimmer416
Hi,

sorry to see that! Your best bet is NOT to do anything yourself!!! on the fender that is!

find a paintless dent repair guy and they may be able to bring that out for your as evenly as possibly without you needing to paint it.. From the type of stuff I have seen done by those guys, that looks quite easy and accessible as well, after the bumper is off..

Goodluck
I agree with bimmer419. Judging from the picture you provided you have fender and bumper damage. The metal in the fender is bent, and the plastic bumper has a few deep gouges, including paint damage. This is a job for a pro. Consider contacting your insurance; however you might get an estimate first to determine if the repair costs is lower than your deductible.
Old 12-17-14, 08:22 PM
Prasha
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bimmer416
Hi,

Goodluck
Right, I called a paintless dent repair guy and he said the damage is on the edge, he cannot fix,
because his technique is rubbing and massaging behind the dent till the dent evens out.
someone who has replaced the bumper may have a better idea/opinion, unknown to me is how the bumper is clipped to the fender..
Old 12-18-14, 09:02 AM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Prasha
Right, I called a paintless dent repair guy and he said the damage is on the edge, he cannot fix,
because his technique is rubbing and massaging behind the dent till the dent evens out.
someone who has replaced the bumper may have a better idea/opinion, unknown to me is how the bumper is clipped to the fender..
I guess it depends on the person your talking to.. my sibling got a dent on her camry same area as yours except on the side and not the front.. so above wheel where fender and bumper meet.. happened when exiting garage and and turning to avoid a car parked same side but at the end of the driveway, so she had to get out diagonally and ended up touching the garage door frame.

The guy I called used a suction cup to pull it out to a certain extent then he used some block type thing which was bendable to the shape you put it against and he slid or scraped from behind and outward until it was out.. kinda reminded me of how people use text book and cars weight to extend fenders for wider wheels except he was using his hand force.. looked nearly perfect except for the scrape which i buffed out to nearly unoticeable, I would have taken a pic for you right now but that car was gone in a bad accident later.

for me, i try my best to avoid having anything repainted, unless its from dealer.. your dent doesnt look to bad, im sure there is someone who can pull that , maybe you can look for someone parting out a fender (same color)..

anyhow, goodluck!