SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Should I get this fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-14, 10:15 AM
andynoel78
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So, they are in the "up" position all the time, they do NOT move left and right around corners, and they do NOT do the "up/down and left/right" dance upon start-up.... yet there is NO AFS warning light on the dash...

I don't get it. The AFS (left and right) is controlled by a motor attached to the projector inside each headlight; it's impossible for your connectors to be "disconnected" as they use the same plug as the bulbs (meaning, if this plug was disconnected, your lights wouldn't illuminate- but they do). And the "auto-leveling" has its own motor attached to each projector, and each uses its own plug. But if either was disconnected, you'd automatically get an AFS error light on the dash- which you don't.

I don't understand how everything could be connected, yet you have failure of BOTH the AFS (left/right) AND auto-leveing ) up/down. Maybe you can check the fuses? Look in the manual to see which fuse (or fuses) control AFS/auto-leveling. I'm stumped...
Old 11-20-14, 09:49 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

I'm having problems with mine also, but only when I put on my 20" wheels. They suspect it has something to do with the ride height sensor. They were bouncing up and down and blinding oncoming traffic. I've been to Lexus three times to have them checked to no resolution. I was told by a Lexus tech they can disable the feature all together if I so choose. Now I'm back on 18" OEM wheels and I get no problem and no lights. I will start a new thread once I get more info. Maybe yours was disabled at some point in time without your knowledge?
Old 11-21-14, 06:32 AM
iolmaster
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
I'm having problems with mine also, but only when I put on my 20" wheels. They suspect it has something to do with the ride height sensor. They were bouncing up and down and blinding oncoming traffic. I've been to Lexus three times to have them checked to no resolution. I was told by a Lexus tech they can disable the feature all together if I so choose. Now I'm back on 18" OEM wheels and I get no problem and no lights. I will start a new thread once I get more info. Maybe yours was disabled at some point in time without your knowledge?
I can't say if that is the case, but I am happy with mine the way they are right now. I can see fine and I decided to not have anything done. As I said before, The auto leveling feature is one I can do without. In my opinion it is of dubious benefit.