SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

help me out plz!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-14, 05:56 PM
lenjisoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me out plz!!

HI folks. I just bought sc430 last week. honestly, I am in very proud about this nice one is under my possession.
Today I took her my mechanic for check condition. he said she is very nice condition, without one thing last owner did weird custom. he cut the stock spring about 2 inch for a lower position with 19 inch wheel ,stock shock and strut. And there is no custom work such as camber kit, custom spring and shock. Due to cut only spring, rear 19" tire in relation to fender, all 4 tires camber angled and driving is so rough on rough street or bump. my mechanic say she definitely needs a camber kit, lower spring or coilover.

she is my first sports car and custom vehicle. (usually I own sedan with stock condition).
if I want to keep lower position and 19' wheel, right camber angle with smooth driving,what should I need?
If you have any, i will appreciate that advice me with brand and part name.

thank you!
Old 09-17-14, 09:56 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

...from my experience with lowering cars, the first issue would be the cut springs. When you cut a spring, you actually cut the travel distance,therefore you take away the ability to absorb properly & the spring rate.The cheapest & easiest fix, would be to buy new lowering springs or a set of stock springs. The lowering springs would offer you a better ride than the cut springs.Although the lowering springs are shorter, the spring rates are designed to give a better ride & handling.The downside to them, on some bumpy roads, you will still feel some harshness (depending on the road/surface).This will happen because the spring is shorter & with the car being so low to the ground, it has to keep the car from bottoming out. Another choice might be coilovers or even air suspension.Hopefully some of the other guys might jump in & give their opinions,suggestions,thoughts,etc... or correct anything i may have stated wrong. I'm running Teins Sports Springs (without a camber kit) & have had no issues......hope some of this helps