SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Another New Member

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-14, 11:35 AM
FlopTop04
Advanced

Received 209 Likes on 103 Posts

You have been very busy fixing and moding your SC! Plenty of changes in 8 days.

Here is a link to the 1/4 window mod. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...w-mod-diy.html
The diagram is very well done and with a few minor changes, would integrate nicely with the 5303L.

You could wire it slightly differently, picking up switched +12V in the trunk area and making the control switch in the dash use (-). That way you could connect the unused 5303 AUX outputs for up and down control right at the switch. You would have local, manual control at the switch and remote control from the 5303 remotes.

Just remember, like every other add-on, one of the many Lexus computers will fight you here and there.
Old 08-28-14, 12:31 PM
Regent6
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FlopTop04
You have been very busy fixing and moding your SC! Plenty of changes in 8 days.

Here is a link to the 1/4 window mod. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...w-mod-diy.html
The diagram is very well done and with a few minor changes, would integrate nicely with the 5303L.

You could wire it slightly differently, picking up switched +12V in the trunk area and making the control switch in the dash use (-). That way you could connect the unused 5303 AUX outputs for up and down control right at the switch. You would have local, manual control at the switch and remote control from the 5303 remotes.

Just remember, like every other add-on, one of the many Lexus computers will fight you here and there.

I sure have been working on the SC My wife is getting pissed I just reassured her today..."Honey, let me work on the SC. I'll stop in a few days when all the electrical/mechanical are smoothen out."

Thanks for the link.
I was looking for that just now...haha
Old 08-28-14, 09:19 PM
Regent6
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexBrett
Regent6, Sound like you have done your homework and you have a car in top condition! Just a couple tweeks gets this car even more amazing.

I have heard that the sc430 is the worse selling of all Lexus models. I don't understand why. I get compliments on my car almost daily, as I'm sure you will too!

Please let me know how your coilovers work out as well as other mods!

Lex
LexBrett, I did not order the Megan EZ coilovers. Funny thing was, it was in my shopping cart. I removed it before buying those tune up parts on post #13. I know the wife will say something when the credit card bill from Amazon alone is a $1,000.

I have been wanting this SC model. I think those sorry reviewers drove it and expect it to be a Porsche/BMW/Mercedes. I think Lexus focused on a different angle hence they don't have a 5/6 speed manual transmission. Well, I think the SC is a beautiful/sexy/eye catching/sporty/classy (what else?) car.

I try to knock out all the defects and drive it WORRY FREE
Only time, wife, and the two children (that love to climb in the SC and ask to have the top down) stopped me from finishing them quickly.
Old 08-29-14, 03:30 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

The sc will really grow on you more and more. It's an absolutely beautiful car and definately turns heads everywhere. I'm not a big fan of the ride but after installing coilovers I'm definately enjoying it a lot more, car feels lighter, suspension feels more solid and the lowered ride definately gives it a more exotic look, I would say one of the must mods, not cheap on pockets but definately 100% worth it.

Anyhow good luck and enjoy !
Old 08-29-14, 08:59 PM
Regent6
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bimmer416
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

The sc will really grow on you more and more. It's an absolutely beautiful car and definately turns heads everywhere. I'm not a big fan of the ride but after installing coilovers I'm definately enjoying it a lot more, car feels lighter, suspension feels more solid and the lowered ride definately gives it a more exotic look, I would say one of the must mods, not cheap on pockets but definately 100% worth it.

Anyhow good luck and enjoy !
Thanks, bimmer

Even though the color was not my choice, still I really enjoyed it so far.
I just did a TIMING BELT and SPARK PLUGS on it today--one giant accomplishment by my book.
Next one will be the Megan EZ for sure.

Question for you, what camber kit did you use?
How many degree does it adjusted?

I have always wanted to know those answers. I did not search on them yet, since I have been ironing out the tiny stuffs non-stop since I got it nine days ago.
I planned on lowering it really low. Love the SC as is, but like you have mentioned...lowered will be even better.

Last edited by Regent6; 08-29-14 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-03-14, 01:45 PM
Regent6
Driver School Candidate

Exchanged the power door lock motors.
Power door lock at last!