SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Dash Wood Trim Kit...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-14, 10:52 PM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dash Wood Trim Kit...

Wondering if anyone here has used or has pics if these kits installed. Curious on how well the close the wood color matches and fitment. Usually consists of door controls panels, key hole, glove box handle, corner AC vents and other few things. I think only some of those would add the final touch the interior needs. Was about to place order but I want feedback first. I bought a kit for my UCF10 that fit well but did not match OEM wood whatsoever and mine wasnt faded. BTW I own a silver on black/darker walnut wood interior. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-12-14, 11:33 PM
Prasha
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There are few things in our sc430 needs to be left alone, 'Dash wood trim' is one of the things (imho)
Old 08-13-14, 05:33 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Prasha
There are few things in our sc430 needs to be left alone, 'Dash wood trim' is one of the things (imho)
I totally agree!
Old 08-13-14, 06:52 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

I agree they usually look contrived . Best to leave alone IMHO
Old 08-13-14, 06:59 AM
MDames2
Lead Lap

The SC430 already has more wood in it than just about any other car on the road. In this case, I believe less is more.
Old 08-13-14, 07:19 AM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

In my opinion, the SC430 has just the right amount of wood already. Adding any more would not increase the appeal.

I've installed wood kits in a few of my other cars where there was minimal wood to start. I would not add any more to my SC.
Old 08-13-14, 09:38 AM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Ok you guys confirmed the side I was mostly on, I mainly was thinking about the air vents and also the door control sections. But yeah Ill leave it as is, but I do still have aftermarket wood in my interior, as I do own my own wood work/vip table company... so its only right I also made and installed an OEM wood matching VIP table, hardwood bamboo flooring inside cabin and trunk matching OEM very close, and also my LED switch panel behind the armrest also finished in hardwood and matching OEM wood. If anyone is interested what so much wood looks like inside an SC Ill post some up. Thanks for the input!!!

Miguel
Old 08-13-14, 09:42 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Originally Posted by djsurfer
Ok you guys confirmed the side I was mostly on, I mainly was thinking about the air vents and also the door control sections. But yeah Ill leave it as is, but I do still have aftermarket wood in my interior, as I do own my own wood work/vip table company... so its only right I also made and installed an OEM wood matching VIP table, hardwood bamboo flooring inside cabin and trunk matching OEM very close, and also my LED switch panel behind the armrest also finished in hardwood and matching OEM wood. If anyone is interested what so much wood looks like inside an SC Ill post some up. Thanks for the input!!!

Miguel
I would like to see it.
Old 08-13-14, 10:31 AM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Ok here she is at her current state, pics taken on Sat at a local annual SD shop meet. Only owned her for a bit over a month and bought bone stock. Just received my 06 tails but haven't installed yet as well as a set of clear corners I have to make for rear bumpers and other goodies. Some of you might know my company and my work. Cheers!

Old 08-13-14, 11:17 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

WOW Outstanding work. How does the floor holdup as far as scratches. The led console is cool what does it control Missile launcher guns and ejection seat LOL
Old 08-13-14, 11:33 AM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mrblister
WOW Outstanding work. How does the floor holdup as far as scratches. The led console is cool what does it control Missile launcher guns and ejection seat LOL
Haha thank you my friend, it holds up great, its hardwood flooring for houses so its meant to be stepped on and abused, but I don't always have them on the car theyre mainly for display, feels kinda weird driving with hard floors. And the switches are, one for the white LEDs under dash, another for the white LEDs that light up the custom engraved rear glass (between rear seats) and the last switch for future puddle lights.
Old 08-13-14, 11:44 AM
Toysled
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice work!! Hope to see more progress.
Old 08-13-14, 10:04 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by djsurfer
Wondering if anyone here has used or has pics if these kits installed. Curious on how well the close the wood color matches and fitment. Usually consists of door controls panels, key hole, glove box handle, corner AC vents and other few things. I think only some of those would add the final touch the interior needs. Was about to place order but I want feedback first. I bought a kit for my UCF10 that fit well but did not match OEM wood whatsoever and mine wasnt faded. BTW I own a silver on black/darker walnut wood interior. Thanks in advance!
I added the wood trim kit to my '04 . I like it and think it matches. I also changed the shift **** with one that matches better too. I 'll take some pictures.
Old 08-14-14, 05:19 AM
NAmVet68
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work DJ! I was just curious about the VIP table; how does it mount to the dash? Does it go into the glove box?

Looks outstanding...
Old 08-14-14, 05:35 AM
Autoplak
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, great work. Obviously, you are a master craftsman. I added some of the 'wood' pieces in the kit as pictured. My thought was, it's my ride and I'll try it and for ~only $120 for the kit, I put on only the pieces that I thought appropriate. And if I tire of the look, 20 minutes with a heat gun and I'm back to stock. Currently, I'm happy with the fitment (which was spot on) and the color match, which is close enough for these old eyes.

Quick Reply: Dash Wood Trim Kit...