SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Interior Wrap

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-14, 03:39 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

The new 4D CF looks better than the older stuff, but I went with real carbon fiber for my interior. All wood was covered and also the door sills, speaker pods, and door sills.

Old 08-31-14, 07:03 PM
BlackIRON
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it makes it look so much sportier.
Old 09-02-14, 08:28 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Great work guys! I'm going to take this mod on but if anyone can provide specify step by step direction on removing the wood panels (specifically those on the Nav Door, Radio Door, Cup Holder Flap)? Other's are pretty self explanatory. Would appreciate any photos as I would hate to destroy any parts. Thanks!
Old 09-02-14, 12:51 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Great work guys! I'm going to take this mod on but if anyone can provide specify step by step direction on removing the wood panels (specifically those on the Nav Door, Radio Door, Cup Holder Flap)? Other's are pretty self explanatory. Would appreciate any photos as I would hate to destroy any parts. Thanks!
Hi Shawn

I didn't take pictures apart from when it was all off, but I can help a little.
Taking the panel off around the gear selector is easy and it has been documented on here many times before, just pull up the seat heater control panel, no clips involved and then lift the panel from the centre consul end and carefully pull towards the rear. Disconnect the cigar lighter, remove the bulb holder and disconnect the small connector for the stereo door switch(it has a small cable tie holing it so you will have to cut it off and replace it with a new one). The panel will come off over the gear shift (have it in neutral).
Its then pretty self explainatory how the cup holder and ash tray cover come off, just screws and an operating arm to open the ash tray lid. remember how that comes off and you will have to re-tension the gears when you put it back, but its no problem.
The hardest bit for me was getting the small panel off around the heater vent. It has four 'pegs' holding it onto the duct and one main clip (centre left side on your side of the pond, opposite on mine.lol). I broke two of them, but it still went back ok. The main wide panel just pulls off, but it also has the four pegs connecting it to the duct so be careful. I suggest you start with a plastic pry tool at the narrow end, then you can get your fingers round it to ease it off.
Once they are off pull the heater control panel towards you, it's quite tight and you will have to'wiggle' it a bit to get it off, disconnect it and put it to one side.
There are four 10mm bolts holding the stereo and two holding the nav also two small screws up under the dash. Make sure you have a magnet handy and a medium/long extension for the 10mm socket.
Care fully pull out the stereo and disconnect the plugs and aerial cables, again taking the door off is easy. Do the same with the Nav and thats about it.
Door panels take some working out but it's easy when you have done one. Striker plate and rubber buffer at the lock end, three philips screw along the bottom edge. One screw behind the bottom of the armrest, one under the window switch, pry that up with a plastic pry tool and one in the middle of the door release again pry off the plastic cover. Two small plastic clips at the hinge end which are the centre pin type, ease them out by pulling the panel slightly.
Take off the tweeter cover (just pulls off), pull the panel away from the bottom, there are two plastic clips one side and one on the other, just pull the from the bottom with a 'snap' action and they will release (if the panel does not pull away from the door easily you have missed a screw). Hold the armrest and pull the panel upwards to pull the top out of the window opening Once you have it free the best thing is to disconnect the cables for the door lock. Pull the cable end away and move it around 90 degrees and the cables will come out (just like on you push bike [English term] brakes). Disconnect the window switch and the courtesy light.
You can see four of the 10mm bolts and you can just make out the small screws under the dash in my picture.

I may have missed some bits out, but with my old memory I'm not suprised, but hope this helps.

Cheers
Steve

Last edited by WIL44; 09-02-14 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-03-14, 01:24 PM
photalian
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MrMark... amazing job. Super clean. If my 07 PB didn't have the black woodgrain with the pimento red leather, I'd consider getting this done. The vinyl CF still will never compare to the real thing.
Old 09-03-14, 01:40 PM
throw
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mr.Mark, can you tell me who did your red interior and did they just do the seats or the entire interior?
Old 09-03-14, 02:25 PM
470SNC
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

that real carbon is super nice!! the 3m anthracite vinyl looks great too, planning on doing the same in my GX
Old 09-11-14, 06:57 PM
Kristi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geez after reading this thread I now have too many ideas running in my head!
Old 09-13-14, 10:55 AM
WIL44
Instructor

Had the wheel wrapped now to match.
They made a great job of it.
Was'nt sure I would like it because it is not smooth and I loved the feel of the wood, but it's fine.

Excuse the crappy gear shift, just temporary until I find the right one, any suggestions.

Old 09-15-14, 08:48 AM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WIL44
Had the wheel wrapped now to match.
They made a great job of it.
Was'nt sure I would like it because it is not smooth and I loved the feel of the wood, but it's fine.

Excuse the crappy gear shift, just temporary until I find the right one, any suggestions.

Wow that looks great, really digging the steering wheel!
Old 12-01-14, 12:12 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Decided on the IS F Sport gear shift after much searching. Got it shipped over from Lexus Concord, great service.Interior Wrap-image.jpg

Last edited by WIL44; 12-01-14 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-22-14, 12:30 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Will44, what was the original "crappy" gear shifter you had?
Old 12-24-14, 04:25 AM
WIL44
Instructor

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Will44, what was the original "crappy" gear shifter you had?
Hi Shawn

Just a cheapy off fleabay, cant remember the name. I am away for Christmas, but I will look when I get back home. PM me your address and I will send it to you for Christmas if you want it.

Have a good one.

Cheers
Steve
Old 01-20-15, 12:02 PM
WIL44
Instructor

Hi Shawn

Just a cheapy off fleabay, cant remember the name. I am away for Christmas, but I will look when I get back home. PM me your address and I will send it to you for Christmas if you want it.

Have a good one.

Cheers
Steve
Hi Shawn

It is on its way, let me know when you have it please.

Cheers
Steve
Old 01-21-15, 09:44 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Hi Shawn

It is on its way, let me know when you have it please.

Cheers
Steve
Steve! That's awesome! Thank you sooo much!

Quick Reply: Interior Wrap