Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Brake light out on 2006 led tail light

Old 07-22-14, 10:15 AM   #1
zibby07
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Brake light out on 2006 led tail light

How do I fix a brake light that is out on a 2006 sc in the tail light on the passenger side?

Can these be repaired or do I have to change the entire light?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
zibby07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 02:29 PM   #2
texsexlex
Lead Lap

Send a message via Yahoo to texsexlex

I know you don't have to replace the entire light,but only the bulb. I think there is a screw covered by a little plastic piece on the housing of the light assembly. After popping that cover off & unscrewing the bolt, the entire light should come out, then you'll have access to the bulb....warning (lol)...I'm not with my vehicle, so all of this is off the top of my head.If I've directed him wrong in anyway,please jump in & corrected me....
texsexlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 03:47 PM   #3
DarthSid
Pole Position

In the 06 tail lens you have a bulb for the signal light. The rest appears to be LEDs. Check your connections.
Attached Images

DarthSid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 03:50 PM   #4
zibby07
Driver School Candidate

Default That works only on 2001-2005 models

Quote:
Originally Posted by texsexlex View Post
I know you don't have to replace the entire light,but only the bulb. I think there is a screw covered by a little plastic piece on the housing of the light assembly. After popping that cover off & unscrewing the bolt, the entire light should come out, then you'll have access to the bulb....warning (lol)...I'm not with my vehicle, so all of this is off the top of my head.If I've directed him wrong in anyway,please jump in & corrected me....

I popped off the tab and unscrewed the bolt you mentioned. When you remove the assembly there is only access to the indicator bulb and another plug that when you open simply allows you to see the circuit board inside the assembly. There are a bunch of screws on the back which I unscrewed as well however nothing opens up or at least I couldn't pry anything open without fear of damaging it.

Access to the assembly was very quick, less than 10 minutes. Also the manual as no mention of replacing the led's.

Anyone know of there is a fuse associate with the assembly? The driver side brake light works just passenger side does not. Also a final note, when the headlights are on the passenger side tail light does turn on as well.
Old 07-22-14, 03:52 PM   #5
zibby07
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSid View Post
In the 06 tail lens you have a bulb for the signal light. The rest appears to be LEDs. Check your connections.
What connection is there to check? Just the one wire in your attached picture?
Old 07-22-14, 07:12 PM   #6
DarthSid
Pole Position

Take a voltmeter and verify you have voltage output on the side where the Tail lens has failed to light up. If you have voltage, then the fuses are working.
DarthSid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 10:36 PM   #7
texsexlex
Lead Lap

Send a message via Yahoo to texsexlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibby07 View Post
I popped off the tab and unscrewed the bolt you mentioned. When you remove the assembly there is only access to the indicator bulb and another plug that when you open simply allows you to see the circuit board inside the assembly. There are a bunch of screws on the back which I unscrewed as well however nothing opens up or at least I couldn't pry anything open without fear of damaging it.

Access to the assembly was very quick, less than 10 minutes. Also the manual as no mention of replacing the led's.

Anyone know of there is a fuse associate with the assembly? The driver side brake light works just passenger side does not. Also a final note, when the headlights are on the passenger side tail light does turn on as well.
...yea sorry about that ...i completely overlooked the fact that it was a 2006, but glad you guys corrected me...thanx
texsexlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 10:36 PM