SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Trans Service

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-14, 01:58 PM
iolmaster
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by toffee123
I asked and show them the printout of this thread, but the local Lexus dealership refused to do it
The Lexus dealer won't do anything but what came with the car. they will not even put regular tires on the car since it came with run flats. It has nothing to do with them having knowledge of the situation. It is everything to do with liability. Remember, the lawyers run the world at this point. they will not deviate from stock.
Old 10-12-14, 12:39 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

I'm not 100% sure,but I think ShawnOk had this mod done at the dealershi,he mentions it in post #9 of this thread.
Old 10-12-14, 04:02 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Yup, Lexus of Westmont, IL did my trans pressure mod. Sounds like your dealership is worried too much about protecting themselves rather than the pursuit of perfection.
Old 10-12-14, 06:46 PM
DiggerJim
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this only for the 5-speed transmission? I have the 6-speed and wondering if it's something I want to add to my to-do list when the transmission maintenance comes up.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 10-12-14, 08:58 PM
toffee123
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Yup, Lexus of Westmont, IL did my trans pressure mod. Sounds like your dealership is worried too much about protecting themselves rather than the pursuit of perfection.
I am set on doing it. For other readers, there was a member's trans. "blew up" shortly after the mod. I remember 'blew up' was the term he used, his car did have 100k or so and missed the 90k service.
Old 10-13-14, 04:42 AM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

iolmaster
the lexus can be had with the spare tire kit from the factory that's this is a opinion and they will change tire to non run flats.
I think you need a new dealer. my dealer installed my Clear Corner front lights and side markers. they love how it looks. I just came from lexus and they love the spare tire kit. I installed. I told them about the pressure mod and what I paid they said I should of come here they would have done it for the same price. just a trans oil change and pressure valve button turn of the dial.

Last edited by bacardi11; 10-13-14 at 04:49 AM.
Old 10-13-14, 05:14 AM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Did the trans mod

Hi All;

I just did the trans mod yesterday. It was a lot of work dropping the pan without prior experience using ramps, but is quite doable. I also changed the filter and gasket.

I honestly cannot tell if my car's performance has improved. Shifting is nice but I don't know whether that is just in my head. But the car is running great, and very quick, maybe a bit quicker shifts..

Here is a pic of the adjusted valve. I wasn't sure about the position, so I adjusted it so it is exactly like the pic posted in this thread.

Last edited by LexBrett; 10-13-14 at 05:42 AM.
Old 10-13-14, 10:07 AM
iolmaster
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by bacardi11
iolmaster
the lexus can be had with the spare tire kit from the factory that's this is a opinion and they will change tire to non run flats.
I think you need a new dealer. my dealer installed my Clear Corner front lights and side markers. they love how it looks. I just came from lexus and they love the spare tire kit. I installed. I told them about the pressure mod and what I paid they said I should of come here they would have done it for the same price. just a trans oil change and pressure valve button turn of the dial.
I have been to both Barker Lexus in VA Beach and Flow in Winston Salem and neither will do anything to a car that is not stock. The service adviser actually said it was a liability issue. Guess it depends on who you talk to.
Old 10-14-14, 05:16 AM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Default Did I adjust the valve correctly??

Originally Posted by tennman117
Here is a pic of the screw you turn in the "firm" position posted by irokdastar.

Hi All: I was just looking at irokdaster's photo of the "firm" position for the valve mod. I'm afraid I may not have adjusted the valve correctly. Although the position of the dial is correctt, I may have been confused.

Notice the black arrow in my pic of a lever that is positioned to the left. However, in Irokdaster's pic I just noticed this same lever appears to be vertical.

What do you all think? Is the dial on my car adjusted incorrectly or is it just the angle of the photo. Irokdaster's pic is a little further away and not as clear, so it could be due to this.

Please have a look at the pics and let me know! Thanks!

Notice the dial next to the black arrow is vertical

My dial is to the left. Or is it just the angle??
Old 10-14-14, 06:36 AM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

I see every one likes this mod.
Old 10-14-14, 07:02 AM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

I see every one likes this mod.
Did I do the mod correctly sir?
Old 10-14-14, 07:24 AM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

lex
yes you did.
Old 10-14-14, 07:36 AM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

lex
yes you did.
Thank you for your help :-)
Old 10-15-14, 05:17 AM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

lex
yes you did.
Barcardi-

Do have any other easy mods you can suggest for us??
Old 10-15-14, 05:22 AM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexBrett
Hi All: I was just looking at irokdaster's photo of the "firm" position for the valve mod. I'm afraid I may not have adjusted the valve correctly. Although the position of the dial is correctt, I may have been confused.

Notice the black arrow in my pic of a lever that is positioned to the left. However, in Irokdaster's pic I just noticed this same lever appears to be vertical.

What do you all think? Is the dial on my car adjusted incorrectly or is it just the angle of the photo. Irokdaster's pic is a little further away and not as clear, so it could be due to this.

Please have a look at the pics and let me know! Thanks!

Notice the dial next to the black arrow is vertical

My dial is to the left. Or is it just the angle??

It just occurred to me that the dial referenced in the pictures is just a retainer (i.e., a dial keeping in and retaining the valve from popping out) and the position probably does not matter. What matters is the position of the dial; the valve needs to be turned to the right. Here is another diagram to verify.

Quick Reply: Trans Service