SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Garage door opener

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-14, 09:29 AM
Moonstruck
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Angry Garage door opener

My 07 SC430 did not come with an owners manual, so I have printed pages from the online manual as needed. I have printed the section that gives instructions for programming the garage door opener. I am not able to get this feature of my car to work. Holding in the button does nothing and I do not get the indicator light as mentioned in the instructions. What am I missing? I have tried a search on this sight for some discussion on this topic but was not able to find help.
Old 05-28-14, 10:54 AM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Moonstruck
My 07 SC430 did not come with an owners manual, so I have printed pages from the online manual as needed. I have printed the section that gives instructions for programming the garage door opener. I am not able to get this feature of my car to work. Holding in the button does nothing and I do not get the indicator light as mentioned in the instructions. What am I missing? I have tried a search on this sight for some discussion on this topic but was not able to find help.
You may want to first delete all previously programmed codes in your car.

You can call Homelink customer support directly for assistance. They are the experts.

1-800-355-3515

Call them from a cell phone while sitting in your car and they will walk you through programming.

Remember, you first need to program the car to clone a working remote. Once that is done you need to program your garage door device to learn the newly programmed car button.
Old 05-28-14, 10:58 AM
2GSKaizen
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After you program the hand held opener to the homelink unti, you need to get on a step ladder and press the "learn" or "smart mode" button on the back of you garage door motor bolted to the ceiling. After you press this button, you will have 30 seconds or so to run back out to the car, and find the homelink button that you programmed earlier. Press it for 1 second, release it, press for 1 second and release it. Continue doing this until your door starts opening and closing.
Old 05-28-14, 12:13 PM
bb430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

www.homelink.com Step by step instruction in there.
Old 05-28-14, 12:21 PM
Moonstruck
Pit Crew

Thanks for all the help. I'll check out the site before I call them. I'll also keep you posted on how I make out. One of the best things about owning this car is you guys always willing to help out us newbies.
Old 05-28-14, 12:52 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 2GSKaizen
After you program the hand held opener to the homelink unti, you need to get on a step ladder and press the "learn" or "smart mode" button on the back of you garage door motor bolted to the ceiling. After you press this button, you will have 30 seconds or so to run back out to the car, and find the homelink button that you programmed earlier. Press it for 1 second, release it, press for 1 second and release it. Continue doing this until your door starts opening and closing.
That was very helpful!!

One of my Garage remote just died and it time for my lazy *** to set it to SC.
I have a small garage and the SC sit right under the door motor. Its impossible for me to press the learn/smart button unless I move the SC half way out the garage. If I do that and follow the above instruction....will the door shut on the SC? Can this be done with the SC outside of the garage?
Old 05-28-14, 01:14 PM
FLYCT

Originally Posted by grabber2
That was very helpful!!

One of my Garage remote just died and it time for my lazy *** to set it to SC.
I have a small garage and the SC sit right under the door motor. Its impossible for me to press the learn/smart button unless I move the SC half way out the garage. If I do that and follow the above instruction....will the door shut on the SC? Can this be done with the SC outside of the garage?
It works fine with car outside the garage as long as it's in normal range.
Old 05-28-14, 01:30 PM
FLYCT

Go to YouTube.com and search for Toyota homelink for video directions

WARNING: In Step 2, When pushing the LEARN Button on the garage door motor just push and let go. Do not hold it in for any length of time or you will erase the programing of all other remotes previously programed.

Last edited by FLYCT; 05-28-14 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-02-14, 08:11 AM
2GSKaizen
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It actually works better if the car is outside the garage, just pulled up as close as possible to the door. The door will operate when programming is complete, so don't park it halfway in.
Old 06-02-14, 09:03 AM
Moonstruck
Pit Crew

Thanks for all the help, but I'm not able to get the home link icon to flash as is called for in the video. I'm thinking that because I'm not the original owner the 3 buttons may already be programmed and I have no clue as to how to cancel those settings. I think that it is time to call customer services.
Old 06-02-14, 11:18 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Does it ever turn on the indicator up there? If not, maybe you have a blown fuse.
Old 06-02-14, 11:31 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

To cancel the entire memory of the unit, hold the two most outer buttons (button 1+3) at the same time for about 10 seconds, until the light flashes solid (I believe). That will erase all the stored codes. But first you must verify if the light come on at all. If not, then probably a blown fuse.
Old 06-02-14, 12:56 PM
FLYCT

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
To cancel the entire memory of the unit, hold the two most outer buttons (button 1+3) at the same time for about 10 seconds, until the light flashes solid (I believe). That will erase all the stored codes. But first you must verify if the light come on at all. If not, then probably a blown fuse.

Sometimes it takes holding button 1+3 down for over 30 seconds to clear memory.
Old 06-02-14, 01:08 PM
Moonstruck
Pit Crew

OK, am not getting the light to come on even after holding the buttons down for at least a minute. Do you know where this fuse is located?
Old 06-02-14, 01:14 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Pretty sure it's in the passenger kick panel fuse box. I think i had to change it once a year ago. Labelled as "Dome"

Quick Reply: Garage door opener