SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-15, 02:50 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Questions:

1) for sway end link would you guys go with Mevotech or Moog? I know Moog is really good but don't know much about Mevotech... price difference is about 20$ total
part number - 4883030090

2) Does anyone know if the is250/350 share the same sway links ? Im assuming they have a thinner bar but the same part numbers show for isf/is250/350 for the bar/bracket/bushings/links...

thanks
Old 06-16-15, 08:03 PM
DiggerJim
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mademedoit
Ask yourself wtf does "engineered in Canada" mean... http://www.mevotech.com/product/engineered-in-canada/
For Canadians it's the equivalent of Made in the USA. Mevo is a Canadian company.
Old 06-19-15, 12:19 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

I could get OEM but there overpriced.. most of my front suspension parts are from moog, there very good quality and well seem better then oem... atleast to the eye..

was just wondering if mevotech is as good , but thanks guys!

anyone know about my second question? :P
Old 06-19-15, 08:38 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by bimmer416
I could get OEM but there overpriced.. most of my front suspension parts are from moog, there very good quality and well seem better then oem... atleast to the eye..

was just wondering if mevotech is as good , but thanks guys!

anyone know about my second question? :P
...if those items share the same item/stock numbers, then I would almost bet that they are the same
Old 06-20-15, 11:34 AM
NovaRnder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are Moogs products made in China?

At one time, a Nascar mechanic locally, asked him if he can replace a couple of suspension parts for our SC430 with Moogs products and he answered me with "I don't work on Lexus but why would you replace Lexus OEM parts with Chinese made Moogs?"
Old 06-20-15, 12:49 PM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NovaRnder
are Moogs products made in China?

At one time, a Nascar mechanic locally, asked him if he can replace a couple of suspension parts for our SC430 with Moogs products and he answered me with "I don't work on Lexus but why would you replace Lexus OEM parts with Chinese made Moogs?"
Moog is American!! Check the website!
Old 06-21-15, 09:32 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Originally Posted by LexBrett
Moog is American!! Check the website!
I know Moog is an American operated company but are their parts made in China?
Old 06-23-15, 12:54 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys. I just want to inform you that i have ordered the figs adjustable swaybar endlinks rear for the IS and front for the SC430. I hope this will give me a good setup. I will update when installed.
Old 07-04-15, 12:47 AM
416tt
Lead Lap

Got the sway bar in today and boy does it make a difference .. i mean my front suspension is pretty much all new and solid parts with strut brace so I guess obviously the rear felt very bouncy and felt like it rocked left/right a lot when either switching in an out of lanes/turning or accelerating on an uneven road. The thicker sway has gotten rid of that I would say atleast 80%. Car feels more predictable and tighter in rear. On hwy ramp which is full round about. Front would stick very well while back felt like it was lifting and pulling away ... Now it feels very very stable... Put a smile on my face!! I never thought tho that the rocking/bouncy feel was from the sway.

My end oem end links were also pretty much done. I ended up getting the mevotech isf ones(very very solid) and they made oem look very crappy and cheap.

I used the sc bracket for now which is not a good fit but works.. will need to change soon. Thank-you Bacardi and too those who discovered more hints/tips later.

Here are some pics.

Sc vs isf bar

Oem sc end link vs isf mevotech

Sc bracket.. as you can see the isf bushing is bigger so the sc bracket kinda squeezes ome side of bushing out.
Old 07-04-15, 12:25 PM
NovaRnder
Driver

Got the sway bar in today and boy does it make a difference .. i mean my front suspension is pretty much all new and solid parts with strut brace so I guess obviously the rear felt very bouncy and felt like it rocked left/right a lot when either switching in an out of lanes/turning or accelerating on an uneven road. The thicker sway has gotten rid of that I would say atleast 80%. Car feels more predictable and tighter in rear. On hwy ramp which is full round about. Front would stick very well while back felt like it was lifting and pulling away ... Now it feels very very stable... Put a smile on my face!! I never thought tho that the rocking/bouncy feel was from the sway.

My end oem end links were also pretty much done. I ended up getting the mevotech isf ones(very very solid) and they made oem look very crappy and cheap.

I used the sc bracket for now which is not a good fit but works.. will need to change soon. Thank-you Bacardi and too those who discovered more hints/tips later.

Oem sc end link vs isf mevotech
I notice that the isf Mevotech end links are about an inch shorter than the OEM end links. If you are running stock height, do you need to lower the height to compensate for the shorter links?
Old 07-04-15, 05:46 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

I notice that the isf Mevotech end links are about an inch shorter than the OEM end links. If you are running stock height, do you need to lower the height to compensate for the shorter links?
Yes according to earlier in this thread it was mentioned that if you are "lowered an inch or more" you must use ISF end links as the Sc's are to long and can possibly snap. If your at stock height use SC ones and I'm sure if you get Moog or mevotech SC ones they will be much more solid then oem.
The following users liked this post:
ivanj (04-22-19)
Old 07-05-15, 02:35 AM
NovaRnder
Driver

Yes according to earlier in this thread it was mentioned that if you are "lowered an inch or more" you must use ISF end links as the Sc's are to long and can possibly snap. If your at stock height use SC ones and I'm sure if you get Moog or mevotech SC ones they will be much more solid then oem.
thanks... waiting for the mod budget to allow me to get coilovers then I will order Mevotech for end links.. looks bigger and heavy duty

BTW do you know the part number for the Mevotech? thanks in advance...
Old 07-05-15, 09:30 PM
416tt
Lead Lap

thanks... waiting for the mod budget to allow me to get coilovers then I will order Mevotech for end links.. looks bigger and heavy duty

BTW do you know the part number for the Mevotech? thanks in advance...
Yes they are definitely very solid!

END LINKS

ISF OEM End Link Part #:
48830 30090 (I just typed this on ebay and saw all different brands available mevotech seems to be the most listed and make sure you try with and without space)

ISF MEVOTECH End link part #:
MS86836

Here is the link to where I purchased mine from:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/321769508052?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

or figs adjustable ones - http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=185
Old 07-06-15, 06:55 AM
NovaRnder
Driver

Thanks again bimmer, very helpful!
Old 07-08-15, 02:46 AM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just recieved my adjustable IS links. But somehow i ordered the wrong ones. Instead of the Gen2 IS, i ordered the GEN1 IS. Well as far as i can see the difference is that there is no spacer included in my kit. So i had to fabric my own.

I had some leftover stainless steel pipe from my previous custom exhaust project, so the cutting and bending began. The hole in the swaybar is 13mm and the bolt from the link is 10mm so there was 3mm of play. The exhaust pipe sidewall is 1,5mm so it would fit perfect for a "step down spacer".

Heres some pictures.

The spacer installed on the link ready to get mounted on the swaybar.

Test fitting to see if it fits inside the swaybar. It does.

The new links adjusted to the minimum lenght.

Dissasembled.

Adjusted to the maximim lenght. (i installed them this way)

And finally mounted on the car. Its a snug fit, no play. It just fits perfect. A little tip is to loosen the big bolts that holds the struts in place. Then the links can be installed like a hand in a glove.

Thats it. Can't wait to get on the road and test it

Quick Reply: Sway Bar